What do you like about your car the most?

-
I love how its a pale yellow car, with a black top, yet Ma Mopar decided it need a GREEN interior.

i love how people who used to own cars like mine will literally walk up and strike conversations like "oh man i had one of those when i was 16 it was the best car ever! i drove the hell out of that thing!!" or "wow i havent seen one of these in years, i miss my dart..." oooor "duuuude my buddies and i used to get blazed and go to the drive through movies in mine!!!" and my favorite, some cougar (milf, whatever badge you wanna slap on it) walks up to me at a gas station, wearing short shorts and a tube top, (seriously im not making this up) and goes, "i lost my virginity in a car exactly like yours..." then shoots me this suggestive look, made my day. Then theres the people who pull up next to me and honk while pointing frantically to my car and give me the thumbs up. The best is when i start it when people are looking at it probably thinking its a damn ford falcon or an AMC rebel and it cranks with the high pitched nippondenso starter and pops off immediately with the ratty 318 rumble, its a look something along the lines of "wait a minute....that doesnt sound right....not from a rusty 4 door..." it seems like everyones waiting for the ol gear reduction wind up putputputputputput start of a slant six or something hahaha!!!

The fact that noone else likes the body style so I dont see a dozen others running around town.

x2 Everyone always has a cool story to share. I like the fact these cars have history, but they aren't mainstream. Like a Camaro, or Rustang.

That most people have no clue what my car is, they need to look at the nameplate to verify, its cool to own and drive a car that is rare.

That most people have no clue what my car is, they need to look at the nameplate to verify
my '73 Scamp had my Duster's front end (with a standard grille) with a Plymouth front license plate, and was completely debadged. I was in line in a store one day, and watched a guy walk around the car about 4 times with this puzzled look on his face:D

Pulling into a gas station and always having somebody say nice/awesome car including a dude that came over from his brand new 5 series BMW. I bet he doesn't get half the compliments at 3 times the cost.

My favorite part is driving the car, thin steering wheel vibrating with the cam, everything else kinda shaking and quaking and ability to light it up any time I want under about 50mph. 416, 3.23 open rear. You can't beat it.

I love the sound it makes in first gear. There's a whine/wirr that gradually goes up in pitch the more I rev the engine. OOOH, THAT SOUND!! It's nearly orgasmic. :D Also, whenever I walk up to or leave it, I most of the time look back and think, "damn that is one awesome looking car." I didn't like the front at first, but now I love it.

There's really two things I love about my car:

1. The Memories. The fact that my daughters' and I worked together to get it from a rough, undrivable project and back on the street. Remembering the funny & often exhausting days and nights that we spent together on each repair. The time one of my daughters got her first "battle scar" and how she showed it off with pride to Mom and friends. The look of pride the girls showed when we got our first thumbs up when we rolled into out first show/cruise night.

2. Mental Well Being. The fact that regardless of hectic/stressfull things get during the daily grind, simply walking into the garage and "fiddling around" with the Duster washes it all away. And the Cachunk-Cachunk every time we fire that baby up ALWAYS results it a big grin.

Pat

Thank you for the comments, I love this car, its my attitude adjuster...
cars001.jpg

cars007.jpg

cars010.jpg

I absolutely love this car. Ive tryed like hell to find one for a little cruiser but never one in my price range or with only minor rust. All seem to be minus floors and rockers and to much asking prices. One day i hope to own one.

I like that I don't owe any money on them, that I understand them and can work on them without the need of a computer, and that they are a source of pride, relaxation, and accomplishment to me, personally.
The time (less and less unfortunately)that I spend working on them is never a chore, and the time I spend driving them is always a pleasure.

all three of my cars are special to me in a different way... I love my superbird as I restored it my self over 30 years ago, and it turns heads wherever I take it, and it sounds awsome when I jump on the sixpack. It was my dream car when I was a kid in 1970. The duster is special to me also because I restored it myself, and I love the color, and it's options. the 4speed is a blast. I'v had 5 dusters over the years, but this one is by far my favoriet. The lil red express is special to me because I bought it brand new from the dealer I worked for back in 1979 ( there the oldest chrysler dealer in the country) and it's 100% original. I love just hangin out in my shop with a cup of coffee and looking at them, and thinkin about my next project.

I like my '67 New Yorker for the way it feels on the Interstate highways.

I like my '68 GTX because it was my first car and it contains many memories (especially the back seat, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk).

I like my '68 'Cuda project because it is a work in progress, which tends to keep me off the street. It is a car I am building and hope to drive like Hell.

there are so many things to love about it. But if I had to pick I would go with the fact that it is not a rare mopar (74 scamp) so as I make a frankenstein car out of it I dont feel bad for bastardizing a rare classic. And in doing so I am making my car my way yet keeping it all Mopar.

Having enough room under the seat to stash bottles, being able to reach from the side and get something from the floor on the backseat. Being able to keep a drink on the dashboard cause its flat-- while its park of course.

The old cars are more user friendly

-
Back