What do you think? Does my Valiant need a Hood Scoop?

Does my Valiant need a scoop

• Scoop

Votes: 75 60.5%
  • No scoop

Votes: 49 39.5%

• Total voters
-
Screw it and put a 8-71 blower on it and be done already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that would look COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve

Screw it and put a 8-71 blower on it and be done already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that would look COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve

Ok, Wisc isn't too far from me, i'll come and get one from you!! :glasses7: I would like to put a tunnel ram with dual quads on it someday.....:D

Personally I dont think that scoop is right for your car. I think a ramchargers style scoop would look good though.

Do this Keith :happy1: Heck :toothy9: it is a Plymouth :cheers:
I used a bent up 72 road runner hood and ....... well its been a while :D
I do like the dual snorkel but not sold on it yeat, mybe it needs to be white :sign3:

Attachments

• hood8.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 392
  • Night%20time%20ramcharger%20036.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 343
I know it's not the same exact body style, but pretty close. Here's a pic of the scoop on the '68 Valiant Inland Mopars built as our 2008 charity project car.
I like this scoop on A-bodies and I'm planning on putting one on my '69 Dart.

I like this one.

Dang,I love your car the way it is.
I'm not opposed to a hood scoop,but definately not that one.
Now that I think of it,I wouldn't touch it.
That is one of my favorite cars on this site,JUST the way it sits.

I have the same car and I know that it may be deemed sacreligous(due to chebbie roots) but I'm gonna end up either making or having made a 4-6" cowl hood for my car.

I think the car has excellent lines for that style of hood and would look pretty friggin tough.

Ok, Wisc isn't too far from me, i'll come and get one from you!! :glasses7: I would like to put a tunnel ram with dual quads on it someday.....:D

I'm voting for that!

Wait, where is it on the poll? I'm so on the fence on this one. Maybe another style of scoop? Early Ramcharger? Hemi? The old teardrop style?

Should I just send you my Weiand TR to try and you can send it back when you're done with it? (in a year or five? :D )

Customize your own scoop? The hemi scoop would look sweet if it were downsized, if you were to get a fiberglass one you could cut it up and re-glass it, narrower front to back, side to side, shorter, whatever looks right to you. Fiberglass is easy to work with, just do a little research, and have some acetone on hand.

This is the scoop I would use

I had a 68 SS scoop and I didn't like it too much so I sold it. I have seen a few with the 63-64 B-body ramcharger style and they look good, but are pretty big. I agree a period one would look best, the 67 B-body superstock scoop looks cool too.

hey keith, how are you??
well at first i didn't like the dual snorkel, but now it's growing on me, i'm still leaning toward the hemi one though..............do what pleases you dude..........
higgs

I prefer no scoop unless it's absolutely necessary.

There's a low profile air cleaner base that was used by Chevrolet on late 60's Corvettes that has quite a bit of drop. I've used one for years on all my projects, allows me to run a flat hood most of the time - even 440 A-bodies.

The '67 in my avatar had a 440, single plane intake, holley 850 dp, 14 x 3 air cleaner, all under the stock flat hood.

Pretty sure you can still buy them from a Chevrolet dealer - just ask for the air cleaner base for 1970 LT-1 Corvette. Last I checked they were about $40.

I prefer no scoop unless it's absolutely necessary.

^^^^ X2 ^^^^^

Especially a SS Hemi A-Body scoop unless you got 2nd gen Hemi with a cross ram under the hood.

If you are going to put a Tunnel Ram on that car I'd wait till you got it on before buying a hood scoop. Take this from someone who's been there, your taste in hood scoops will be dictated by the Tunnel Ram.

My $.02

sscuda
:glasses7:

i like the dual snorkle scoop on the 66. if i put a scoop on my 66 thats probaly what i will use. i think you could do a little metal woork to the hood so you dont have to modify the scoop. that way if down the road you do go tunnel ram you can still get your money back out of the scoop.

The reason I voted no scoop is back when I street raced quite a bit, alot of the truly fast guys were trying to make their car look "not fast"...and all the strokes and wannabes did everything they could to make their car look as serious as possible.

I lost count of how many tubbed-out, tunnel rammed, megabucks paint job cars I thoroughly embarrassed in my rusty, beat-up looking, flat hood, 9 inch tire barracuda.

IMO if your car isn't a pretty serious car, don't put a scoop on it. (unless it's a factory muscle car with optioned scoop) Now I like your '66 and it looks like a damn quick car, but personally I'd go more low-key and even work a little on hiding what it has. But I like sleepers...to each their own.

:drunken: I just voted after a long deliberation and waited all this time thinking :eek:ccasion: and some :rock: tonight and voted No scoop 8-[:drinkers::drinkers:

Attachments

• halloween 12 003.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 322
  • Picture%20658.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 288
i think it would look better with a scoop.. kinda looks unfinished now...

has to be the older hemi scoop though on that car... the one below would look awesome on your car..

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/Factorystylescoops.htm

6467hemiscoop.JPG
[/QUmuch better than the 2 snorkle the max wedge scoop would look nice tooOTE]

I think the car will look much better with the scoop, than just the air cleaner sticking through the hood.

I say use the dual snorkle scoop, and Paint Your Damn Fenders Already !

lol

-
Back