what does everyone use for wax?

-

lil red

Reaction score
I've been using mothers carnuba wax for years and after the advice of my brother I tried his mequiars NXT generation and couldn't believe the difference - the mothers was good and gave a good shine, but it didn't remove the oxidation - the red paint was gettin pretty faded over the years and the mequiars really brought it back.

Down at auto parts it seems like theres a ton of products and different waxes - 1 step, 3 step, polish, carnuba, polymer, cleaner wax, sealer, swirl remover, blah, blah.

its been years since I switched brands (im a creature of habit) - what does everyone use and with what results.

also - what do you find best for chrome polish

thanxs FABO

I use Meguiar's Gold Class. The first time I used it on my stealth I was amazed. Reflections from the sun are literally painful. I love it:D

My favorite chrome polish is and has always been plain old Turtle Wax chrome polish.

I like the McGuiars stuff.

NXT all the way.... Bought a Mcguires kit NXT was the polish... Easy on Easy off and looks and feels brilliant

I've tried every paste wax and liquid wax under the sun and never got better results than my latest attempt with this:

I got an orbital buffer cheapo from advance.

Used #7 meguires liquid polish with the buffer. let dry, wiped off.

Used Meguire's #27 yellow wax with the buffer as suggested on the bottle of the #7, Let dry, wiped off.

The results are better than I have ever been able to get with any paste wax including Meguires ultra gold and the NXT stuff.

I guess there is nothing better than a 2 step cut and polish with a buffer.

I don't notice any of the light scratches that always remained even after clay barring and applying paste wax and the color tone is very deep and rich.
I am definitely sold on the buffer thing.

There was another bottle at the store which was Meguire's #36 or something called "final inspection" which I'm sure would be even better but it only came in a gallon jug and was like $38.00.

Here's a couple pics of my results.

newbuffer6.jpg

pops-1.jpg

newbuffer1.jpg

I usually use the commercial stuff as I find it works better for me than

some of the retail products.

Attachments

• Tropiglo.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 288
Nxt gen 2.0 wax! Nothing else compares. Also you nxt gen car wash and tire shine. Meguiars stuff is awesome.

I've tried every paste wax and liquid wax under the sun and never got better results than my latest attempt with this:

I got an orbital buffer cheapo from advance.

Used #7 meguires liquid polish with the buffer. let dry, wiped off.

Used Meguire's #27 yellow wax with the buffer as suggested on the bottle of the #7, Let dry, wiped off.

The results are better than I have ever been able to get with any paste wax including Meguires ultra gold and the NXT stuff.

I guess there is nothing better than a 2 step cut and polish with a buffer.

I don't notice any of the light scratches that always remained even after clay barring and applying paste wax and the color tone is very deep and rich.
I am definitely sold on the buffer thing.

There was another bottle at the store which was Meguire's #36 or something called "final inspection" which I'm sure would be even better but it only came in a gallon jug and was like $38.00.

Here's a couple pics of my results.

newbuffer6.jpg

pops-1.jpg

newbuffer1.jpg

Which buffing pad did you use.
Flat foam, waffle pad, wool?

I keep going back to Turtle wax.Grew up with it and
I'm not that thrilled with all this fancy stuff.Once a year
I go over all my cars etc with a clay bar with warm
soapy water works wonders

1. Car Brite cleaner glaze (mild, use only as needed, if at all)

2. Car Brite Crystal Shine

3.Collinite auto wax (also used for boats) Lasts for months! (Do not put on a hot/ sunny surface)

I have been using these products since 1992 and won't use anything else.
I guarntee you won't use another.

I use Presta Products, love there fast wax.
For 150 bucks you can get there Ultra Buffing System, includes buffing pads, compounds,
wax, quick detail spray, micro cloths. Google Presta Wax they have a very informative site.

Kenny

-
Back