What happened to the red X option

-
Maybe a thumbs down will melt less snowflakes?

Only if it is the politically correct color. It can't be yellow, white, black brown or red. Would green offend the Irish? Would orange offend people from Tennessee? Blue would be good. Only the Smurfs would be offended, and who cares what they think.

Some believe with all their heart that Dodge is better than Plymouth.

They are allowed to think that, even though they are 100% wrong.
Sad part is they know they're wrong. The 68 69 70 Roadrunner was a much better looking car than the 68 69 and 70 Charger. Then look at the Duster and the Dart Sports. The Duster is by far better liking than the Dart Sport.
And then think about it the Cuda is far nicer looking than the Challenger.

The RED X is still there on the B, C, bodies sites.
Or will it be taken off those sites also, just hasn't gotten around to doing it, yet?

Last edited:
Wow people sure are butthurt about imaginary internet points and imaginary internet likes...

I am relatively new to this site.
My first impression of the Red X was it was like using a 2lb hammer when all I needed was an 8oz Ball peen.
I disagree with many but the imagery of the Red X was like a Scarlet Letter.
Maybe keeping the Red X as "You are or are acting like a jerk, etc" and adding an Orange "O" for "I disagree" might be a more equitable improvement to our discussions?

Do you guys have any idea how many ❌’s I just lost? I have been collecting these for years. Now because of a few Sensitive Susie Typers, they are all gone.

This is BS!
We need a darker brown.

So then, we don't we need the Red X?
Yeah pretty much. It won't make a difference. The same people who hit disagree and didn't say why still won't say why if they disagree. They just won't have their little button now.

Good, now a particular member can't red ex all my posts like a psycho and I end up with a list of notifications for no reason other than to be a douche.
That's why. Its just a chicken button. I have not pushed. (Purposely. There may have been a fat finger or two.)

That's another reason. Some hit by accident. Not hard on a cell phone.

Do you guys have any idea how many ❌’s I just lost? I have been collecting these for years. Now because of a few Sensitive Susie Typers, they are all gone.

This is BS!
We need a darker brown.
Life just isn't fair, is it?

And you worked so hard.

Maybe it's all just a dream and we will wake in the morning we all will have our hard earned red X's back

We can only hope.

:lol:

Maybe Joey should publish who had the most red X? Then we vote to kick off site? Or give life long gold status?

I'm not sure which, but would be entertaining.

Life just isn't fair, is it?

And you worked so hard.

Maybe it's all just a dream and we will wake in the morning we all will have our hard earned red X's back

We can only hope.

I just keep reminding myself that research has shown that 12% of the folks you interact with daily are clinically "chronic complainers".
Google it, I was taught that back in business school, had reason to re-check those facts recently .
So it's all good .

Yeah pretty much. It won't make a difference. The same people who hit disagree and didn't say why still won't say why if they disagree. They just won't have their little button now.
Exactly. That's what I did. It's a totally ball-less move to red X someone and then not say why. I'd rather say why without the X and I always do. lol
So, your comment here I disagree with, but Not strongly, it's not a deal breaker position, not a showstopper. Your position is pretty clear, it's fair, it's not malicious, but I disagree. I would like to simply note that. but the red X had no finesse IMO, and didn't feel right using often to convey, so I would in many cases just pass over, or spend the time and effort verbalizing my disagreement, but I am not sure you or others find me disagreeing helpful, but a simple button different button would satisfy me. If we expect an explanation for every disagree, we should also expect one for every like, agree, and maybe thanks. That will never float nor should it IMO. I also believe no should be expected to have to justify their opinion, Opinions are based on beliefs, and don't require anyone else to agree. However. if someone wants to convince another to change their opinion or position, their shared sound reasoning is useful.
One little button here would have spared everyone all of the above.

Sad part is they know they're wrong. The 68 69 70 Roadrunner was a much better looking car than the 68 69 and 70 Charger. Then look at the Duster and the Dart Sports. The Duster is by far better liking than the Dart Sport.
And then think about it the Cuda is far nicer looking than the Challenger.

X

Says the Charger guy. :) See, it just takes a bit of work and you an still do a red X.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe Joey should publish who had the most red X? Then we vote to kick off site? Or give life long gold status?

I'm not sure which, but would be entertaining.
Guys guys guys! Your heard it here first! Cojo just voted to ban himself!!!!!

Guys guys guys! Your heard it here first! Cojo just voted to ban himself!!!!!
Lol. Or gold status for life. But I'm sure I don't have the most. A more interesting metric is who pushed the most?

Some folks have thicker skin. My best friend could disagree with me and I wouldn't care. Folks get all wound up over a semi-stranger from the internet. Do something more constructive, like get a bottle of Dawn and go looking for oily ducks.

So, your comment here I disagree with, but Not strongly, it's not a deal breaker position, not a showstopper. Your position is pretty clear, it's fair, it's not malicious, but I disagree. I would like to simply note that. but the red X had no finesse IMO, and didn't feel right using often to convey, so I would in many cases just pass over, or spend the time and effort verbalizing my disagreement, but I am not sure you or others find me disagreeing helpful, but a simple button different button would satisfy me. If we expect an explanation for every disagree, we should also expect one for every like, agree, and maybe thanks. That will never float not should it IMO. I also believe no should be expected to have to justify their opinion, Opinions are based on beliefs, and don't require anyone else to agree. However. if someone wants to convince another to change their opinion or position, their shared sound reasoning is useful.
One little button here would have spared everyone all of the above.

Well put, I figured since I agreed with you I should point that out clearly. The emoji was a nice touch but my complementing you on your wonderful input does so much more for the situation. I mean if I never explained this, you might sit there and wonder why do I agree with you enough to click a button. Was it the first sentence? The third paragraph? In any case,I agree.

-
Back