What happened to the red X option

-
"I just keep reminding myself that research has shown that 12% of the folks you interact with daily are clinically "chronic complainers"."

Do remember how many people research showed were good at math?

:thankyou:

Well put, I figured since I agreed with you I should point that out clearly. The emoji was a nice touch but my complementing you on your wonderful input does so much more for the situation. I mean if I never explained this, you might sit there and wonder why do I agree with you enough to click a button. Was it the first sentence? The third paragraph? In any case,I agree.
You made my day. I met my match. Sarcastic or not.

:rofl:

I think it's a King Solomon decision to remove. It was a negative. And don't we have enough of that?

Exactly. That's what I did. It's a totally ball-less move to red X someone and then not say why. I'd rather say why without the X and I always do. lol
Ehhhhh, it’s just a disagree button and that’s all it’s worth to me.
If you want to state why, that’s a bonus. Generally IDGAF. I’m not going to argue but will stand my ground on something. Depends on what it is really.

Bottom line, the don’t get butt hurt on a ❌!

Ehhhhh, it’s just a disagree button and that’s all it’s worth to me.
If you want to state why, that’s a bonus. Generally IDGAF. I’m not going to argue but will stand my ground on something. Depends on what it is really.

Bottom line, the don’t get butt hurt on a ❌!
I haven't so far. lol

So, your comment here I disagree with, but Not strongly, it's not a deal breaker position, not a showstopper. Your position is pretty clear, it's fair, it's not malicious, but I disagree. I would like to simply note that. but the red X had no finesse IMO, and didn't feel right using often to convey, so I would in many cases just pass over, or spend the time and effort verbalizing my disagreement, but I am not sure you or others find me disagreeing helpful, but a simple button different button would satisfy me. If we expect an explanation for every disagree, we should also expect one for every like, agree, and maybe thanks. That will never float nor should it IMO. I also believe no should be expected to have to justify their opinion, Opinions are based on beliefs, and don't require anyone else to agree. However. if someone wants to convince another to change their opinion or position, their shared sound reasoning is useful.
One little button here would have spared everyone all of the above.

:lol:
DISAGREE.png

"I just keep reminding myself that research has shown that 12% of the folks you interact with daily are clinically "chronic complainers"."

Do remember how many people research showed were good at math?

:thankyou:

That wasn't included by the lecturer, . .lol

I did, still don't make it right.
The members of this site seem far more eager to click the red X than at FBBO.
Maybe that is partly because there are more members here but it does seem like many here are under the false impression that their opinion matters.
I’ve clicked the X on the forums biggest dipshits. There aren’t many that are truly dumb as **** and thick headed but a few do exist.
One popular member used to click the X a LOT and follow it up with an explanation. That is great but his explanation was often 90% in agreement with the theme but had one small difference. I’m about ready to IGNORE that guy because it isn’t as if ANYONE here logs on with anxious anticipation waiting to see what HE thinks of each and every political issue.

The members of this site seem far more eager to click the red X than at FBBO.
Maybe that is partly because there are more members here but it does seem like many here are under the false impression that their opinion matters.
I’ve clicked the X on the forums biggest dipshits. There aren’t many that are truly dumb as **** and thick headed but a few do exist.
One popular member used to click the X a LOT and follow it up with an explanation. That is great but his explanation was often 90% in agreement with the theme but had one small difference. I’m about ready to IGNORE that guy because it isn’t as if ANYONE here logs on with anxious anticipation waiting to see what HE thinks of each and every political issue.
It indicates Passion IMO
I can work with that.
Apathy is a tougher nut to crack.

Four pages and multiple threads for a red X, Meanwhile I am scoring parts to Rally dash swap me Valiant. :lol::lol:

Because no-one here has the balls to do that. :rofl:
I agree, they'd rather start 100 threads and whine about it like a little school girl than stand up to the owner. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me if it's present or not. I'm just thankful to have a website with like-minded people, with a common interest, that I can have some fun with, and buy a few parts here and there.

As much as some got so upset about the X, this is a technical forum. There's gonna be wrong answers that require an X.
Egzactly.
Some of us used it for a red flag warning on a post that had something technically very wrong.
Something that could cost an reader in a big way.
The explanation is of course warrented, but might not show on the same page.

example, describing the black wire connection on the ammeter as negative.

Make the X black if that's less offensive, but for the forum to be a better source of info than FB or youtube, there should be a way to throw a reader warning flag.

-
Back