What have I gotten myself into?

-
I checked, they are 275/35/20's. I think they would be to low for what you are looking for. PM me if interested in that size.

While I love the look of the Duster and what you are doing with your Scamp, is it just me or does everyone else thing that the rear quarter panel's bottom could be pulled down about 3 inches to make the front corner level with the rear corner of the side skirts? That would make it look lower too.

While I love the look of the Duster and what you are doing with your Scamp, is it just me or does everyone else thing that the rear quarter panel's bottom could be pulled down about 3 inches to make the front corner level with the rear corner of the side skirts? That would make it look lower too.
Oh come on don't put more ideas in my head. I'm already scratching my head on this damn top chop.

Getting all my cuts marked off. Still need to get her off the rack and braced but you can see where I'm going with this.
IMAG0160-1.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0161-1.jpg

IMAG0162-1.jpg

Gonna mini tub the front too

IMAG0163-1.jpg

Cool, I'm anxious to see the front "Mini-Tub"...HemiDenny and HemiMark mentioned that idea to me last year when I had a similar situation. Your really stepping it up !!!!!!!! good job.

Cool, I'm anxious to see the front "Mini-Tub"...HemiDenny and HemiMark mentioned that idea to me last year when I had a similar situation. Your really stepping it up !!!!!!!! good job.

Ross I fortunately have time since I still am dealing with the DMV on my license. I'm scared sh!less about doing the top but if I don't cut it I won't do it. So I need to do it. I was gonna raise the whole fender well but I already did a bunch of work on the fronts of the fender well so I'd rather not having to redo it.

Ross I fortunately have time since I still am dealing with the DMV on my license. I'm scared sh!less about doing the top but if I don't cut it I won't do it. So I need to do it. I was gonna raise the whole fender well but I already did a bunch of work on the fronts of the fender well so I'd rather not having to redo it.

I've seen a couple chop top how to's on TV and in magazines and it looks very do-able...I'm sure you've done your research, so just do it..I had replaced my inners fenders with New AMD pieces then hacked them up...it sucked

I was gonna pull the whole roof forward and lean the rear window forward.

then cut the perimeter of the back glass opening from the roof and pillar and pull the roof and pillar forward. this way your back glass won't need to be altered.

another alternative would be to graft a 67-69 barracuda roof to your scamp

Attachments

• 68 dart fasback.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 739
then cut the perimeter of the back glass opening from the roof and pillar and pull the roof and pillar forward. this way your back glass won't need to be altered.

another alternative would be to graft a 67-69 barracuda roof to your scamp

I'm going to use a duster/aspen rear window and frame.

i was planning on running these.
wheeltubdimpleLS_zps6b014234.jpg

trailer fenders have nice rounded edges...16ga...readily available.....numerous diameters....and cheap (that what my rear tubs are)

wondered if you would pick up on that....obviously more noticeable than stealthy raising the whole inner fender modification

I'm going to use a duster/aspen rear window and frame.

Are you planning to move the whole rear window forward or do custom glass and have it use the original bottom location and lay forward to the new top location?

any photochoppers playing with this already?

I cannot wait to see what you come up with! :blob:

Are you planning to move the whole rear window forward or do custom glass and have it use the original bottom location and lay forward to the new top location?

I was gonna pull the whole roof forward and lean the rear window forward.

nevermind...:banghead:

Still watchin!

if anyone I knew would photoshop it for me that would be awesome.

First rendering with the 2" chop

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2013-01-11 om 15.36.00.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 598
-
Back