What have I gotten myself into?

-
yeah, now that you mention it, I think if it was done it would have been sitting in the engine compartment, like the other cars that had diecast of their cars. . .John-- where, oh where, is the diecast of Denny's Duster? I've been waiting to see it almost as long as Denny has,LOL

like to have one...he makes everything else.....but, I'll bet you never see a stuff animal or a die cast near my ride no matter how nice it is. I drop kicked the last cryin' kid stuff doll that got near it.

I know...tuff guy, right?

I just noticed in one of the pictures why the brakes look so small
20" wheels....on the front....of a Dart
WOW!!!

IMAG0691_zps81192207.jpg

The scene at The Chicagoland Mopar show. Stop by and say hi to Denny, John and myself.

How come the grass grows so well around your car? :)

I just noticed in one of the pictures why the brakes look so small
20" wheels....on the front....of a Dart
WOW!!!

Ken those are my roller rotors. 1993 ford factory 9" ranger rotors adapted to the mustang 2 spindles. I'm working on my brakes as we speak. Going to start life with a 13" Cobra rotor and twin piston calipers on the front and 12" rear rotors and calipers. Until I can save up the $3500 for the wilwoods they should do their job well enough.

I had a break through yesterday. The wife said she doesn't want me trying to sell the car cause she knows I love it. She says I need to see this one through and finish it MY way or just let it sit and rot. She actually said we will make it work no matter what. I love that woman of mine.

When was it said that you were 'SELLING IT" NOOOOOOOOOOOOO man you have way to much time invested in it to sell it....Just a lurker, but I am learning and I know what this car must mean to you. Take a break if you have to but don't get rid of it PLEASE!!!

:):):)
Brad

i just spent the last couple of nights reading this.

looks really, really good man.
keep at it. sooner or later it will be done.

and that ride height is rediculous!!!

im also subscribing so i can see how you do your glass. id like to do that on my next project.

michael

i just spent the last couple of nights reading this.

looks really, really good man.
keep at it. sooner or later it will be done.

and that ride height is rediculous!!!

im also subscribing so i can see how you do your glass. id like to do that on my next project.

michael

My favorite part of this build is all you guys. You don't really think about how your work can motivate and inspire unless you have a thread like this. Thanks for the kind words.

The Stance is key to the look of my car. Everything is built around that even though it's one of the last things I got nailed down.

Hmmm $600 for a custom hemi swap pan or $71.00 for a stock oil pan? Denny I think the Hemi Truck pan will work

IMAG0756_zpsfcf15293.jpg

pan looks different from the rear sump Jeep pan....are they?

what is the depth measurement in the front?...and a pic of the side profile. The reason I ask is ...with that pan, can you run the extra bar across the back where the drag link would normally be??

Hmmm $600 for a custom hemi swap pan or $71.00 for a stock oil pan? Denny I think the Hemi Truck pan will work

IMAG0756_zpsfcf15293.jpg

I LIKE that pan....different from the Jeep pan.

how deep is it from the pan rail in the front and is there room to run the rear support bar where the drag link would be?.

can I get a side profile pic?...installed

That's the same oil pan I have on mine.
I thought I had posted the picture in my thread of the clearance, but I can't find it.
The price is right though, and the bolt holes line up unlike some of the big money pans.
Keep up the good work.
-Jon

Finally managed to get my hands on an intake manifold to check my hood clearance on a stock hood with the raised engine. It's tight but a little trim and she will fit like a glove.
IMAG0775_zps672f907b.jpg

IMAG0774_zpsdf07702a.jpg

So if you want to lower your car and run a Hemi then the LA Superslammer is the hot ticket.

-
Back