What hp and torque am I making?

-

dustyaman

Reaction score
I just got done rebuilding my 360 and just broke it in on a home built engine stand. I put all new bearings in the engine is bored .03 over. It is a low compression smog engine. So stock crank and slugs were put back in. Added double roller timing chain, comp cams 268xe cam, Chinese knockoff rpm airgap intake, 650 double pumper brawler carb, and Doug's headers. It does still have the smog heads with the factory springs for now since I was just breaking in the cam. Will change springs later. Has a proform disty with a flamethrower coil. So as it sits right now what would the power numbers be? And if I decide to get aftermarket heads. How much power would I gain on a low compression engine?

Thanks in advance for responses.
Also this engine is going to be paired with the new tkx tremic perfect fit kit from sst.
So I'm excited to get this combo in the duster. Coming from a little slant 6 and 904 auto.

16634388407741119874753516308865.jpg

16634388936201380688633060367441.jpg

340-350hp 380-390tq

Nice ride!
Thank you very much. I love this car I had the slant 6 in it since i was 14 when I bought it. I'm 35 now so I knew it was time to start upgrading it with the disk brakes and bigger rearend also.

T
Like your engine stand and car.
With the stock heads I think 300 hp and 325-350 tq.
Thank you. Didn't cost me anything to make the stand all scrap metal from work. Just welding wire and gas from my welder is all it cost me lol.

Worked on the same build but with a set of refreshed later 308 heads and installed in a heavyweight W300. 300hp with the stock 8-8.5:1 compression. It did what it needed to, and was a significant improvement over a stock hydraulic roller 318 with an Edelbrock Performer and headers.

Last edited:
290 to 300 HP if properly assembled and 330 Torque.
Given decent ring sealing.
Honestly that's all I want with a 8.25 rear in the back. Just wanted a nice power upgrade from the original slanty. It's got great compression across the board as well.

Worked on the same build but with a set of refreshed later 308 heads and installed in a heavyweight W300. 300hp with the stock 8-8.5:1 compression. It did what it needed to, and was a significant improvement over a stock hydraulic roller with an Edelbrock Performer and headers.
That's great to know thank you

Here is a video for your guys enjoyment.
it is smoking a little bit out of the breather. I found out after this this video was made i pulled the valve covers and found all my valve seals are shot so those are all on order.

I just got done rebuilding my 360 and just broke it in on a home built engine stand. I put all new bearings in the engine is bored .03 over. It is a low compression smog engine. So stock crank and slugs were put back in. Added double roller timing chain, comp cams 268xe cam, Chinese knockoff rpm airgap intake, 650 double pumper brawler carb, and Doug's headers. It does still have the smog heads with the factory springs for now since I was just breaking in the cam. Will change springs later. Has a proform disty with a flamethrower coil. So as it sits right now what would the power numbers be? And if I decide to get aftermarket heads. How much power would I gain on a low compression engine?

Thanks in advance for responses.
Also this engine is going to be paired with the new tkx tremic perfect fit kit from sst.
So I'm excited to get this combo in the duster. Coming from a little slant 6 and 904 auto.

View attachment 1715986826

View attachment 1715986827

Here's mods to a stock 360 short block you should be 340-350hp.

Here is a video for your guys enjoyment.
it is smoking a little bit out of the breather. I found out after this this video was made i pulled the valve covers and found all my valve seals are shot so those are all on order.

That sounds really good! The smoke out of the breather is nothing. Perfectly normal.

-
Back