What is the most desirable year for the Dart?

-
50th Anniversary
First Year for the LA Small Block
Last Year for the Push Button Automatic
Cool Seat Upholstery with the Dodge logo
I like the low hood with the chrome center bulge

Gotta be the 68 S/S Hemi followed not so closely by the 64. Had two of them at one time a while back---one was a V8/4Speed....Man, the memories! But the 68 Barracuda Fastback trumps them all! Sorry.

My personal preference is a 69 Dart Swinger 340 4 spd.! But I sure am having fun putting a 70 model Swinger 340 together! Ben.

I would say the 68 Hemi car has to be on top. Then the 69 440. Next up is any year with a 340 and a 4 speed then 340 auto then 383 cars.

I don't know, but this thread gets my vote for the stupidist thread of the week. I don't get the point? Why do you care what the most desireable Dart to the general public is? Are you planning on building one to sell?! Good luck with that...

'69 Dart for me.
I bought a very slightly used '69 340 Swinger in November of '69 and had lots of with it cruising Whittier Blvd. and racing at OCIR (shhhhhh! and on the streets) back then.
In fact I liked it and missed it so much I bought an unfinished '69 Dart project a few years ago. Still buying parts so it can go together shortly after I finish saving (again) for paint.

If you are just looking at a particular year in general you have to compare apples to apples. Comparing the value of a real 69 M-code Dart to a 71 /6 swinger is apples to oranges.

So lets say /6 to /6 or to 340 (68-70)

/6 or 318 I would say the 68 is worth the most. One because of the potentional for cloning into a 68 S/S Hemi Dart. Two, they have general appeal also. A 68 non running complete car goes for decent money.

Now 340 to 340. I think apples to apples the 68 still goes for a little more. But in 1970 were some desirable options you could not get in a 68. A 70 high impact paint is a big one. Also optional rear wing and hood scoops. Might trump a 68 340 Dart with all the right desirable options.

'69 Dart for me.
I bought a very slightly used '69 340 Swinger in November of '69 and had lots of with it cruising Whittier Blvd. and racing at OCIR (shhhhhh! and on the streets) back then.
In fact I liked it and missed it so much I bought an unfinished '69 Dart project a few years ago. Still buying parts so it can go together shortly after I finish saving (again) for paint.

I know someone locally the selling a low mile original, not messed with, completely mechanically gone through, awesome driving 69 340 Swinger automatic.

I know someone locally the selling a low mile original, not messed with, completely mechanically gone through, awesome driving 69 340 Swinger automatic.

how much? i want one...

i love the 69 dart, but i hate the side reflectors!!!! why the hell couldnt they be lights!!!??

how much? i want one...

i love the 69 dart, but i hate the side reflectors!!!! why the hell couldnt they be lights!!!??

I dont mind the reflectors, but personally would've loved it if they had lights in there.. what confuses is me is, wasnt it already federally mandated in 68 that all automobiles have illuminated marker lights? How did Ma Mopar get away with reflectors in all their cars that year?? lol

i think they were givin the big man up there the finger...lol

Thats about the only explanation I can come up with LOL .. When I was doing my Dart I had considered fabbing up illuminated markers.. I wanted a style similiar in dimension.. couldnt decide on one, then after hunting high and low, going through the torments of hell to find 69 fenders, I couldnt bring myself to alter them LOL

-
Back