What older Dodge pickup truck would you get if you could choose?

-
There isn't a Dodge truck manufactured that hasn't been awesome (even the Rampage in the 80's). My father has a '41 with 6,000 original miles, and I love my 87 with its 360 and 4spd. Only problem is the original owner put a 2 barrel on the 360 to get some gas mileage (and it does pretty good I have gotten over 17 mpg) so I have to "warm her up" when I finally have some space to work!

You can't go wrong with ANY Dodge truck, I have owned five Dakota's (3 3.9's a 4.7 and a 5.2) and two Ram's (my 87 and an 06 Hemi) and they're awesome trucks. For reliability I would definitely get a 3.9 V6 their awesome!

I would have to get another M37. They are badass.

WARLOCK baby :snakeman:

Attachments

• CARLEY1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 579
I had a 79 LRE so I'm kinda partial to the quad head lights. A friend in high school built a plain Jane looking 74 short bed, stuffed a 440 4 speed in it. It was lots of fun and surprised many Camaros and Mustangs!!

My 95 little Rocket .... V8 , under 100 000 miles

Attachments

• SS850413.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 556
  • SS850412.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 530
i have a 74 that i like but i always wanted a 69-70 3/4 ton powerwagon camper special those things are huge!

I would love to have the early model of 1965 sport special w/426 wedge. Red with black side mouldings.
Of coarse I'd pick a 59 Sweptside, but very hard to find. I know a guy who has a 65 wedge, but he's not ready to sell, that would be my 2'nd choice.

72 W100.

attachment.php

reminds me of The Fall Guy truck. That was a cool truck.

Sweptside, Little Red Express, Warlock, always liked the "swoop" body line on the 60's Dodges, Shelby Dakota Convertible, a DeSoto, or a Fargo pickup would be cool. Guess I am easy to please, you can send any from the above list to...

Good thread guys. Trucks are one of my weaknesses. Gota love that 33 Mike. Power Wagons are really a neat thing. Here's some that i've got setting in my field for whatever reason. I also have a bastard child 56 Effie if ya can tolerate such nonsence. I think i also have a pic of my street truck that i traded off. Keep em comin guys. It's eye candy to me.
Small Block

Attachments

• Trucks 021.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 477
  • Trucks 020.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 481
  • Trucks 019.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 501
  • Trucks 018.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 491
  • Trucks 017.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 503
I would love to have an old, military Power Wagon, but what I do currently own, I really do enjoy. "Butterscotch", is my 1972 D100, 225-slant 6 with "3 on the tree", and no power steering or power brakes. Paid $1400 for it from a guy useing it as a ranch truck. I plan to clean her up and take her to car shows as a "survivor".
My daily driver is a 97 Ram 1500 with 5.9L/auto. An 8inch Superlift suspension kit clears the 37inch Super Swampers. I've had this truck five and a half years and always get compliments on it everywhere I go.
We also have a 2010 "Lone Star" edition crew cab with 5.7 Hemi which is the family truck that my wife drives everywhere and loves!

Button posted it... an old D100 like his slant ride (which is gorgeous btw). Yep, I want one of those. Any engine will do.

Good thread guys. Trucks are one of my weaknesses. Gota love that 33 Mike. Power Wagons are really a neat thing. Here's some that i've got setting in my field for whatever reason. I also have a bastard child 56 Effie if ya can tolerate such nonsence. I think i also have a pic of my street truck that i traded off. Keep em comin guys. It's eye candy to me.
Small Block

FYI, the first one is a Ford

Looking at getting an old Dodge pickup truck for hauling stuff. 60-80s would be fine. I could at least work on them pretty easily.

I found this 85 Ramcharger on craigslist near me. Seems like it may be a good deal. Looks clean. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2067922502.html

What other reliable Mopar trucks would you guys recommend? Looking more for a mid to full size.

Let me see,
Audi,Jeep,2 Valiants and 1 Dart.
Yep,you need another car..... #-o :mrgreen:

I like the A-100 of the lot. Make mine a V-8, please.

The old military ambulance would be a cool one, too. I'd want gears and a power plant to let it roll at interstate speeds

Miss my old 94 Dakota a bunch. The #5 cylinder wall cracked @ 150k. First time I've seen one do that without a significant over bore.

Attachments

• dodge-00083-1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 517
  • Ambulance WC54.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 535
  • truck sale 001s.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 540
You got that right Mike. Better known as a "56 Effie" for you non Ford folks. Read the first of my post. I think i spelled that out for ya goin into it.
Small Block

You got that right Mike. Better known as a "56 Effie" for you non Ford folks. Read the first of my post. I think i spelled that out for ya goin into it.
Small Block
My 1964 blue Crew.....

ByFD9ImkKGrHqIOKiIEwPnZw5JsBMQOGmpn9_12.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's getting this...........

IMG_0119.jpg

He is right the 72-74 have locking hubs and divorced NP205 transfer case so your axles are not spinning when you don't need them. I am building one right now. The guys over at Ramcharger Central think the 72-74 W100 was the best drivetrain dodge ever put in a 1/2 ton. 8 3/4 rear, Dana 44 front, NP 205 TC.
Except for the front drum brakes, I might agree........You can also get locking front hubs on the Dana 60 front ends in the W250's and W350's and, of course, aftermarket ones for some models.

Looking at getting an old Dodge pickup truck for hauling stuff. 60-80s would be fine. I could at least work on them pretty easily.

I found this 85 Ramcharger on craigslist near me. Seems like it may be a good deal. Looks clean. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2067922502.html

What other reliable Mopar trucks would you guys recommend? Looking more for a mid to full size.
Except for the front drum brakes, I might agree........You can also get locking front hubs on the Dana 60 front ends in the W250's and W350's and, of course, aftermarket ones for some models.

If gas was still under a buck a gallon, I'd have a '77-8 W350 club cab 440/4 speed. In today's world I can't even drive my '78 W250 360/727 every day unless I win the lottery. I guess a Dakota club cab with a V6 and a 5 speed would make the most sense but I would rather have a Warlock for the looks.

-
Back