What older Dodge pickup truck would you get if you could choose?

-
franktiregod NICE TRUCK! My '87 is a 2wd regular cab shortbox and it is has beautiful lines! Is that one yours? What are the specifics on it?

thank you dodgepower im in the process of finding a gas tank to stuff under it but i swapped out the 360 with a knock for a 318 that runs good

thank you dodgepower im in the process of finding a gas tank to stuff under it but i swapped out the 360 with a knock for a 318 that runs good

You need a gas tank? Would a saddle tank from an 81 1/2 ton 4x4 work?
Is so I have one that I don't need, it's the plastic type and needs a patch on the top close by where the filler hose goes in.

Love the old Powerwagons. My brother has a 64 W200, factory 4:88s and winch. Cool as hell...just a beast!

Don't have to choose - got an 87 D100 regular cab short bed

Attachments

• gauges 001.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 678
as an owner of at least 4 dodges already i forgot to mntion i had an 86 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 360 4bbl that only got 5 mpgs. dodge trucks are just cool as hell but the guys on craigslist need to know that only the 77 and 78s have the turn signal in the grille next to the headlights i really liked that yellow macho on 36s with the american flags very nicely done. btw heres a few pics of my old camo truck it is a 78 that i was driving but needed a grill so i found a different one from a 75 for an in between btw just a quick question does anyone know how to do camo paint? do the make patterns for it or is it free hand?

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 655
  • Picture 002.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 660
Nice trucks!!

Being that you are in SoCal I would watch out for smog. The smog parts for those old dodge trucks that need to be smogged can be real tough to come by!!

Good luck!!

franktiregod NICE TRUCK! My '87 is a 2wd regular cab shortbox and it is has beautiful lines! Is that one yours? What are the specifics on it?

Yes it is mine.

It is an 88 D100, 318, automatic, 2 wheel drive.

I bought it from the original owner 2 years ago. It was bought new in Alabama.

The interior is like new.

Since I bought it I have put a lot of new things on such as the wheels/tires, spray in bedliner, tinted windows, dual exhaust, tailgate protector, swapped out the factory stepbumper for the Ramcharger bumper, rebuilt transmission, installed the recvr. hitch, and the list goes on and on. LOL

This is what it looked like when I bought it. Complete with hubcaps and stepbumper.

DODGETRUCK1-1.jpg

DSCF1017-1.jpg

DSCF1151.jpg

And the after pictures again.

DSCF1006-1.jpg

DSCF1128.jpg

DSCF1104-1.jpg

"macho781988"
You asked about camo paint schemes. I am currently serving at Ft Hood, Texas and have been in the Army for 28+ years, so I know a little something about camo paint jobs. Below is what I have 'cut and pasted' for you as a reference on camo paint jobs. They were NOT free-hand. Every vehicle type when parked side by side in a motor pool, basically has the same paint scheme. This is especialy true of late 70's through early 90's military vehicles. I hope this helps.

When camouflage for general use on vehicles was introduced in 1975, the patterns called for four colors. This type of pattern painting is described in U.S. Army publication TC 5-200: Training Circular, Camouflage Pattern Painting (August 1975), details on the linked page. The manual TB 43-0209 Color, Marking, and Camouflage Painting of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment and Materials Handling Equipment (October 1976) contained patterns for all vehicles in military inventory at that time. The linked page provides patterns for some of the most popular vehicles. The four color patterns are sometimes called MERDC patterns, named for the Mobility Equipment Research and Design Command that designed them.

During the 1980s the NATO countries, including the United States, agreed on a new camouflage scheme for vehicles, one with three colors. The camouflage manuals were updated in 1988 and 1990 to reflect the new standard:

•TB 43-0209 Color, Marking, and Camouflage Painting of Military Vehicles, Construction Equipment, and Materials Handling Equipment. 30 Oct 1990. Change 1, May 1991
•TM 43-0139 Painting Instructions for Army Materiel (Oct 1988 with Changes 1-3)
The three color patterns are sometimes called NATO camo or CARC camo, the latter for the paint used, although CARC was also used for four color painting. NATO itself uses the term SCAPP: Standard Camouflage Pattern Painting, described in a North Atlantic Council document, Brussels, Feb 1993.

Camouflage Painting Resources
The November/December 1998 issue of Military Vehicles Magazine carries in-depth information on painting in general and camo pattern painting in particular along with tips on canvas care and maintenance. This issue will be a good reference to have on hand. David Doyle's Standard Catalog of U.S. Military Vehicles has extensive information on camouflage patterns and painting in Appendix 2.

I love 75-93 Dodge trucks. imo, best looking trucks around. I just managed to pick up y hole grail of pick ups too. A 93 Cummins 4x4 extra cap. I damn near stole it.

Here are a few of my past trucks
Picture082.jpg

75 w/ 440 auto
Picture026.jpg

85 Ramcharger
Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

92 Ram 5.2 5spd
Picture022.jpg

l_52af46dee43a9c240f5ff2036b626be8.jpg

78 Power Wagon
Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

85 318 4 spd
Picture433.jpg

78 440 long bed 4x4
Picture463.jpg

78 Adventurer Sport 440 Sun Roof Short bed
Picture464.jpg

83 Ramcharger I parted out.
Picture465.jpg

and there were many more

Big block, 4speed, and fatties! One of the greatest and funnest vehicles I've ever owned!

Attachments

• IMG_0621.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,053
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,042
JMacsMopar what an AWESOME collection of 4x4's, I also love how a majority of them are manual transmissions!

Some of my boss's trucks that I've restored. I wish I had a truck like that 93 diesel white and blue one.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_1880 copy.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 643
  • sc0053a5fd.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 603
  • sc005303be.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,706
as an owner of at least 4 dodges already i forgot to mntion i had an 86 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 360 4bbl that only got 5 mpgs. dodge trucks are just cool as hell but the guys on craigslist need to know that only the 77 and 78s have the turn signal in the grille next to the headlights i really liked that yellow macho on 36s with the american flags very nicely done. btw heres a few pics of my old camo truck it is a 78 that i was driving but needed a grill so i found a different one from a 75 for an in between btw just a quick question does anyone know how to do camo paint? do the make patterns for it or is it free hand?
Your camo truck actually has a '79-80 grille in it.....the center divider is the dead give-a-way.

I love that green Dodge Dude truck. I would love to have one of those. That one would be very high on my list to get if I could.

Here's the 85 1 ton dump that my Dad left me when he passed. It sat in the barn untouched for 6 years. This past Easter CJ and I put a battery in it, sprayed some ether in the carb and it fired right up. Other than a good cleaning, oil change and a new set of simulators I haven't had to touch it. Its cleaner now than I can ever remember. We hauled a couple loads of fire wood and some mulch with it this summer and it brought back A LOT of memories....... I think Dad would approve.

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

awesome trucks in this thread!! 71-93's have always been my first love, i have had many, and i still have my 79 lil red i bought at the young age of 17. just turned 40k miles this summer...

e8796ae4.jpg

9f4240f5.jpg

8703c11b.jpg

cfc74ce9.jpg

eb5414e7.jpg

Bigslim,
That 85, 1-ton of your fathers is sweat. I would love to have that. It would be the only dump truck at car shows and would probably be well recieved at MOPAR events!

-
Back