What size engine for the online/Youtube EC?

What size engine should the Online/Youtube Engine Challenge be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Poll closed today. With 54% of the vote going to the 360 build. That's one thing established now some dates need to be decided on along with an entry process. Working on it.....J.Rob

Ok sharing a PDF link took me awhile to figure out but this should work. These are some very basic rules that are open to discussion. If there is interest we can take it to the next step. Tell me what you think--lets discuss. J.Rob

OEBC Rules
One comment on proposed rules, EQ heads are even allowed as factory replacement heads in dirt track circles running 500cfm carbs.

If speedmaster and eddy heads are allowed, then why not EQ and RHS heads?

Just read through the rules. I like it, nice and simple.

Also surprised and pleased to see Edelbrock and speed master heads. These will now be interesting/applicable to what I would think about building.

Just guessing but wouldn't the power edge tend to favor the bigger bore engine due to unshrouding the valves?

Just read through the rules. I like it, nice and simple.

Also surprised and pleased to see Edelbrock and speed master heads. These will now be interesting/applicable to what I would think about building.

Just guessing but wouldn't the power edge tend to favor the bigger bore engine due to unshrouding the valves?
A bigger bore is capable of producing more power than a smaller bore

It's the main ultimate limit to power, bigger the bore bigger the possible valve the more possible airflow, strokes are limited to piston speed therefore same possible cfm of air at max piston speed.

There was some research done on this but I haven't been able to get my hands on the paper. From what was implied in the conversation that was not the case. From what I read BMW had figured that out and no longer go to bigger bores but more cylinders to increase power.

There was some research done on this but I haven't been able to get my hands on the paper. From what was implied in the conversation that was not the case. From what I read BMW had figured that out and no longer go to bigger bores but more cylinders to increase power.
obviously he meant within same cylinder amounts lol not 4 vs 6 vs 8 etc..

Irrespective of actual displacement, I think the larger bore will flow better with less shrouding around the valves.

I think the bore stroke ratio stuff is very secondary to that.

What was the thinking behind allowing mushroom lifters? Who's doing that these days?

It's the main ultimate limit to power, bigger the bore bigger the possible valve the more possible airflow, strokes are limited to piston speed therefore same possible cfm of air at max piston speed.
So you think the bigger the valve the greater the HP potential? You don't think that a bigger valve might kill the vacuum generated at the valve curtain area and diminish vaporization which you need especially considering modern pump gas has a much higher mid to high distillation temp?

I'd bet the winner has a big bore, max displacement, and larger intake valves.

Comparing 360 cu in to a 4.08 bore engine (374 cu in), you're at a 7% disadvantage on the displacement correction. (Assuming my math's correct there anyway).

I bet the better flow and torque will win out.

So you think the bigger the valve the greater the HP potential? You don't think that a bigger valve might kill the vacuum generated at the valve curtain area and diminish vaporization which you need especially considering modern pump gas has a much higher mid to high distillation temp?
How many big hp engines running small valves ?
And I said ultimate like max possible power like nacar F1 plus type ****, also wouldn't port and intake running have more to do with what your going on about ?

I'd bet the winner has a big bore, max displacement, and larger intake valves.

Comparing 360 cu in to a 4.08 bore engine (374 cu in), you're at a 7% disadvantage on the displacement correction. (Assuming my math's correct there anyway).

I bet the better flow and torque will win out.
I bet the winner will be the person smart enough to be able to build efficiencies across the entire rpm range using whatever local fuel they can best utilize. The compression rule I disagree with as builders should be allowed to push the limit to what they can tune for.

Any displacement allowed as a cubic inch scoring factor will be used. AVG HP + AVG TQ / Cubic Inch x 1000= score.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the scoring methodology.

I bet the winner will be the person smart enough to be able to build efficiencies across the entire rpm range using whatever local fuel they can best utilize. The compression rule I disagree with as builders should be allowed to push the limit to what they can tune for.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the scoring methodology.

The winner is always someone that follows the results and not just the theories. J.Rob

Octane rating does not dictate compression ratio.
No DUH! And it doesn’t work in reverse ether. Amazing isn’t it!!!

273 Thinks he knows but doesn’t know. He will also argue with you from stated magazine articles to prove you wrong and etc…
It’s not really worth the argument. He dense and blunted.

No DUH! And it doesn’t work in reverse ether. Amazing isn’t it!!!

273 Thinks he knows but doesn’t know. He will also argue with you from stated magazine articles to prove you wrong and etc…
It’s not really worth the argument. He dense and blunted.
73193180.jpg

sorry-sir-im-doing-my-best.gif

We know you are,
Nd9GcQ8Vg6GhAby55lS7aOha6sXu3hryhqJXrn5Sg&usqp=CAU.png

SAD :(

One comment on proposed rules, EQ heads are even allowed as factory replacement heads in dirt track circles running 500cfm carbs.

If speedmaster and eddy heads are allowed, then why not EQ and RHS heads?
Because they are no longer available and I want the rules to reflect that ANYBODY could have access to the parts to build a solid 360. J.Rob

-
Back