• 1 (slant 6)

Votes: 42 30.4%
  • 2 (V8)

Votes: 96 69.6%

• Total voters
-

'70-Challenger

Reaction score
Alright so my slant 6 is dismantled right now, and wont be going back into my dart until spring. I want to increase the power on it because lets face it 145BHP is not much. So my options are:

1. Throw lots of money into the slant 6 to make it perform the way i like

OR

2. Grab a V8. (if you pick this, specify either SB or BB)

You'll regret gettin' rid of that slant... :angry7:
oh just to be clear, i will be keeping the slant. However it wont be going in a car.
Its a trophy for me. It was the first engine i ever bought. Plus i love the thing, it just isnt enough for my car. Maybe i'll just lighten the crap out of my dart, then it would be good enough.
There are soo many options

Put a SB in it. Now ask if you should go 318 or 360 and watch the post count boom.

360, you need to change the trans, and mounts anyway, so the same price as doing a 318, and less work than big block

I voted for the most obvious. Yet a Slant 6 under boost would be interesting.
:read2:

oh just to be clear, i will be keeping the slant. However it wont be going in a car.
Its a trophy for me. It was the first engine i ever bought. Plus i love the thing, it just isnt enough for my car. Maybe i'll just lighten the crap out of my dart, then it would be good enough.
There are soo many options
In that case, you'll regret not building the slant.

Build the slant, make it thump, and have some fun!!
http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/TerryLScott/?action=view&current=AndrewatSac.mp4
Mine dosent really sound like a slant at idle does it?LOL
Now, mine is extreme.....but it runs 12's!!
That's the way I dream of my slant running. Tell me, what car is this in? Out of curiosity, what does you windsheild say?

Go big block and don't look back. I don't miss my slant one bit, the 440 makes me smile :-D

/6. Ive seen turbo kits for 700 plus fabrication and misc another 5-700. Although you can probably build a V8 for less but then you are looking at a tranny,converter, motor mounts or k frame, driveshaft mods,another radiator, a beefier rearend, better brakes the list goes on................although I'm almost done converting my slant 6 Dart to a 360 Magnum if I was starting over at this point I would go slant 6 basically warmed over with a turbo kit should but you in the 13's

sorry to hi jack the thread , but how do you start a new thread thanks

sorry to hi jack the thread , but how do you start a new thread thanks

No problem. When you go to a sub forum, where threads are listed, on the top left of the list there is a button that says "new thread". Click it and there ya go!

Well right now i actually have a few great offers for a SB. So i might just do that. It would be easier and cheaper. Because i also need a transmission for the slant 6.

This is in my opinion a personal dilema you need to decide if you want to be like everyone else or be different,as an example my sons project has a 225he wants to swap in a 440, if it were my decision i would do a built six with a supercharger just to be different keeping in mind the need to change driveline and brakes there just are not enough 6's blown out.

dd

I'm a small block guy..but in a e-body i'd go big block lot of weight to move...

You'll regret gettin' rid of that slant... :angry7:

No you won't;

I ran this set up for 28K miles from 00 to 05.

Slant6.jpg

I then swapped in a 360 in 05. I have 38K on the 360 now and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner.

EngineIn2.jpg

I gave up about 1.5 mpg; 19ish around town with the \6 to 17.5 with the 360 and one mpg on the hiway 21-22 with the 360. BUT, I gained about 180 HP from ~190 to ~370.

No you won't;

I ran this set up for 28K miles from 00 to 05.

Slant6.jpg

I then swapped in a 360 in 05. I have 38K on the 360 now and my only regret is I didn't do it sooner.

EngineIn2.jpg

I gave up about 1.5 mpg; 19ish around town with the \6 to 17.5 with the 360 and one mpg on the hiway 21-22 with the 360. BUT, I gained about 180 HP from ~190 to ~370.

This pretty much lays to rest your doubts on the performance and mpg debate.
I would do a V8 smallblock transplant unless you REALLY want the /6.

-
Back