What was your first concert ?

-
My first concert was in the early 80's... 82 I think, Deep Purple, on thier Perfect Strangers tour.. my uncle took me.. Y&T opened for them... I can still Y&T doing 'Summertime Girls' in my head and can remember the giant cloud of pot smoke in the arena during John Lords organ solo, just before they went into Smoke On The Water.. good times... Been to 100's of concerts since.

Aerosmith at the Spingfield civic center and tickets were $9.
The best part was we got out of the show and there was a huge noreaster that had basically shut down everything.I remember that many spent the night there because they couldn't get thru the snow but 5 of us piled into a VW bug and drove home plowing snow the whole way.

My first real concert would have been Boston and then Aero Smith,Skid row,Rat,L.a. Guns,pretty much all the big hair bands.I used to have big hair myself.Now me and the misses take the kids to see their latest fads like Brittney Spears.Avril Lavine,Suger Land.Justin Beiber,Allstar weekend.Now we are making plans to go see...gasp One Direction.Lord help me!

Southside Johnny and the asbury jukes followed by J. Giles and ZZ Top 1978 at the Springfield civic center in Ma.

KISS in 1977. My friend wanted to go and I went with him. His mom had to drive us to Kemper Arena in Kansas City since we were only 15. I remember her taking a bunch of magazines to read in the car while we were inside. Before the band came out I put my fingers in my ears because I had heard concerts were really loud. It was an interesting show and I did enjoy it!

1974- All day concert with Rare Earth and Billy Preston as the main acts. I can remember parts not all if you know what I mean!!

The Band.... I followed Levon Helm's career and I was very sad when he passed back in the spring

My Mom took me to see Santana and Huey Lewis and the News when I was in 5th grade. 1987 I think. After that I saw Metallica Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig at the Orange County Fair grounds in 94.

My first/only/last concert was J. Gilles band in 1977 at the spectrum in Phila. I got toasted and fell from the upper level and landed on a girl that had to be hospitalized with neck injuries. I was unhurt. Got out of the place at 3AM to find my car with 4 flats!

Double billing: John Mclaughlin's Mahavishnu orchestra and Jeff Beck; Passaic Theater, NJ

1969 - First date with the girl I married 3 years later. Saw Tommy James & the Shondells, Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs, and The Association. I think there was another group too but I don't remember their name.
Best concert I've ever been to was just a few years ago, the Eagles at The Pond (now the Honda Center) in Anaheim. One hit song after another for the entire concert.

Oop's!!! I forgot :hello1: I was about 11 or 12 years old and my mom let my brother Pete and I go to Traverse City with a cherry farmers daughters and and there older brother and I seen Deep Purple on the lake front of lake Michigan, we stayed till about 9pm and its was a free concert.
we spent most of the time walking and seen allot of cool stuff
Wow!! this was when holding hands was cool :happy1:

first show i ever went to was Slayer and a band called Venom opened for them im pretty sure it was in 1985

The Grateful Dead at the Utica Aud in 1972. Missed the big one downstate in 69' cause I didn't have a ticket.. so I made sure to go to the really big one in 73' at Watkins Glen - also without a ticket ... :)

WatkinsGlen73.jpg

-
Back