What was your first concert ?

-
love meriweather concerts saw Steve Miller and Heart there, great part is it is grass seating. grab a blanket and have some fun! it is in Columbia Md.
my first was The Who in 76 at the Capital Centre in Md.

Very cool Rocky, we spent our youth in the same area. Was a great time... Most of my concerts were at the Cap. Ctr. Mainly rock bands. Just cool thinking back to that time in our lives.....:thumbrig:.

Bruce Cockburn when I was a kid, went with my mom. He played a small shown in a church, with about a 25 person audience.

First real memorable one was The White Stripes.

I am from college park born and raised. I saw Floyd, stones, ac/dc, dire straights, frampton, the priest beach boys at the cap centre. saw floyd again in 94 at three rivers had 14th row for that one.

I was in Silver Spring, Gaithersburg (Montgomery Co.) til i was 30, then off to Florida for 17yrs. My grandparents lived in Berwyn Heights just off Kenilworth. I used to ride my bike over there, quite a haul....lol.

First was Quiet Riot. I can't even remember who opened. I have missed out on so many great converts it kills me. Favorite concert to date has been Ozzy's "No More Tours" tour.

Yup definitely remember the Capitol Centre when it was still called the Capitol Center. The stadium roof kinda looked like giant Pringle's potato chip. Also, there wasn't much around it but forest and trees back in those days. Anyways that was where I attended my first concert, the Styx "Paradise Theatre" tour in 1981. Didn't know it at the time, but that was just about their peak in popularity. They broke up after their next album & tour failed to meet expectations.

Yup definitely remember the Capitol Centre when it was still called the Capitol Center. The stadium roof kinda looked like giant Pringle's potato chip. Also, there wasn't much around it but forest and trees back in those days. Anyways that was where I attended my first concert, the Styx "Paradise Theatre" tour in 1981. Didn't know it at the time, but that was just about their peak in popularity. They broke up after their next album & tour failed to meet expectations.

That's cool Glen. I have some styx stuff on my ipod. Never saw them live though. It's amazing how we all spread out around the US.

July 1983.. X opening for Oingo Boingo at the Pacific Ampitheater in OC. Snuck in every year after that.

Scary thought,I loved ,Quiet Riot!. One ,album,one shot .

I have missed out on so many great concerts it kills me.
the only one I really regret missing is Guns 'n Roses (promoting Appetite For Destruction) opening for Iron Maiden.

I wish it would have dawned on me that I could have done what I understand the vast majority of the ticket holders did-leave after GNR were done playing.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but for you Capitol Center guys, right after my divorce in 1984 i went to a "Bullets" game there with a girl from work. We got invited to the after hours club, don't remember the name, but some of the players would hang out after the games. Don't remember any players there, but we met Chuck Taylor, the guy that the shoes are named after. Was very cool. On the way out, we walked half way around the concourse to our exit and there was a freezer against the wall that i looked in. Wasn't turned on and was empty except for this studio lamp. Well, i picked it up and took it home. Turned out to be a great souvenir from a great facility that's no longer there. Just took that pic 5 min. ago. Sorry for the reminising.....lol.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 202
the only one I really regret missing is Guns 'n Roses (promoting Appetite For Destruction) opening for Iron Maiden.

I wish it would have dawned on me that I could have done what I understand the vast majority of the ticket holders did-leave after GNR were done playing.

Left after Guns n Roses ? Iron Maiden is a great live band in my opinion more consistent they always play a good show !! Guns is hit and miss .
( no pun intended )

Yes at Stabler arena, Chuck Berry at the original Ritz in NYC late 70's , The Kinks five times on the One for the road tour I think.., Neil Young and Crazy horse at the Meadowlands in the 80's

KISS at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia, October 1974. The opening act was Starz. Still have the ticket as well as a promotional poster I "removed" from the record store I worked in.

I was 14 in the summer of 1966, when I visited my cousin in San Jose, CA. We went to a concert / dance at a local auditorium. Don't remember for sure what band was playing, but it might have been an early Creedence......

1988,poison in brisbane qld australia,when the glam scene left la and brought it to australia me and all my mates from school loved it,man i wish i had them times back,all i had to worry about was getting stoned,drinking piss,cars,women and calling in sick what a life ,but it all caught up with me,still love all the above,only problem they dont love me anymore DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!:prayer:

Jethro Tull at Arrowhead stadium in the summer of 76. I was fourteen and I was hooked. I've been going to concerts ever since.

Now I do volunteer work for a small 8000 seat outdoor theater and see at least a dozen shows there a year, all from stage left. Some things stay with you like the love of live music.

Twisted Sister, with a little known (at the time) band as an opening act called....ummmmm....what was their name again....oh yeah....Metallica. It was about a month before the Master of Puppets album came out. They have never opened for any one since then to the best of my knowledge. My buddy and I went to see Metallica, but Twisted Sister put on a great show as well!

Peter Frampton and Gary Wright in 1976 at Nashville Speedway on July 4. Great!

I was working my aha off and in the sticks of Arkansas sweeping ladies off
there feet holmes or was it the other way around

Funk 49 - Joe Walsh - YouTube
That was in the spring of 1972 I think. I wish I could have seen Joe with the Eagles, I wasn't a fan of the Eagles until Joe joined them, made them worlds better! I went to many concerts but I wish I could have seen Fleetwood Mac. Saw The Cars 2 times, I always thought their "techno" sound wouldn't play well live but boy was I wrong! They were great!
Some more James Gang from closer to when I saw them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRfsfNP7wFc"]james gang - Walk away - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back