What's this 74 Scamp worth?

-

skeeter.

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a newbie to the site, but have loved mopar a long time. I have came across this 1974 Scamp for sale, and honestly don't know what is a fair price for these particular cars. Has the slant 6, with discs up front, and drums in the rear with auto transmission. Car has been painted 2 yrs. ago by maaco. Looks like there is filler hear, and there on the car, and some paint starting to bubble in a couple of places, maybe poor body work, not sure. Floors look to be solid, and has new tires. Runs, and drives great, without smoking. What is this car in this shape worth? The gentleman wants to get $3,200 for it, and it seems fair to me, but I just want to check with you guys before making a bad decision. Thanks in advance, Skeeter.

Attachments

• IMAG1194.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 743
  • IMAG1196.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 375
  • IMAG1193.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 380
  • IMAG1204.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 463
  • IMAG1200.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 476
macco really dosent do good work from what ive seen on other car. i would use a magnet and cloth to check for filler and bondo. check for rust any were you can. run the vin/fender tags being a /6 idk this is just me but i see alot of cars around 2500 over here in alot better condition. i know east coast is different but that seems high to me. if it was a 72 or old id say go for it but a 74 /6 car with macco paint idk honestly id wouldnt pay more than 2k

I would say around 3200 if it had a smallblock and a good paint job.
But a maaco job will have tons of bondo and they dont do anything to rust but cover with filler. But Maaco jobs are cheap he probably paid 300-400 for that paintjob

I wouldnt pay a dime over 1800

If the 1/4 panels are that bad, the rest of the car is about the same.
I would offer less than $1000.00

Sounds kinda overpriced to me. I bought a 74' swinger, at /6, 150k mi. New tires brakes, new drums in rear, front disc, new starter, leaf springs were newer also. Drivers 1/4 replaced, patch panel in pass 1/4. One half $ side hole in trunk, everything else very solid, paint a little scratched up by po's 3 kids. Replaced the radiator cause it was tired, showed it a little love with fresh fluids/plugs/belts/hoses. Paid $1450. Btw runs great. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure you'll get more opinions.

My 74 I paid 2000 for and it had brand new TTI headers 2.5 inch summit dual exhaust a 71or72 360 "running"(for 20 mins after getting home) 8 3/4 3.23 sure grip rebuilt with redrilled axles. rebuilt 727 with shift kit and 2 yr old paint job. And brand new Cragars wraped in brand new 215-60-15 BFG Radial T/As and 600 dollar leather racing seats up front and and was converted to a console shift

More pics..

Attachments

• IMAG1198.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG1203.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 331
  • IMAG1199.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG1192.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 330
  • IMAG1202.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 317
Probably looks good at 20 feet. Has all the markings of a cheap flip. The dash pad looks ok, but upholstery is in your future. Along with a body that's suspect, i would pass all together....jmo.

Dear god that looks like my car...but in better shape...and its a scamp lol

I'd walk away. Don't be fooled by a new paint job. Car has all kinds of mismatched junk on it.

Probably looks good at 20 feet. Has all the markings of a cheap flip. The dash pad looks ok, but upholstery is in your future. Along with a body that's suspect, i would pass all together....jmo.

yep

The price is way too high..but it has potential. Is it really any different than buying a completely totaled car to restore? Ive seen a lot worse go for higher. If you can talk him down do it. Let the guy know your not an idiot and hell either send you packin or come down on price.

Thanks guys, he said he would go $2,500, but after looking close there is just too much showing through the paint job. I can see under the back window where the bondo was not sanded good enough. Gonna pass. Again thanks, and that is why I posted up here. Had a 72, and 73 satellite that I wish I had back. I have a friend with a 440, that wants to get together, and build a nice hot rod. Would like to find a nice GTX to drop it in.

-
Back