What's your favorite Mopar magazine?

What's the best Mopar magazine out there?

• Mopar Action

Votes: 83 30.4%
  • Mopar Collectors Guide

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • Mopar Enthusiast

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Mopar Muscle

Votes: 137 50.2%
  • High Performance Mopar

Votes: 10 3.7%

• Total voters
-
Just canceled my subscription to MM, never liked MA or MCG, ME is pretty good, and HPM was ok. I got tired of MM because of the engine shoot outs that never end, all the E-bodies, G-machines, Shaker scoop/exhaust installs on all the new crap. They should just change MM into "Mopar Now".
I do like Randy's column and Steve's Stuff.

I subscribe to Collectors Guide, for many years, but I can't stand the 1 of 1 crap, but the rest of it is ok.

I buy Mopar Muscle off the shelf, but can't stand the new car tech crap in it. A few years ago it was really cool when they would do feature's on C-bodies or more obscure Mopar's.

High Performance Mopar was my favorite mag, it's a shame they had to call her quits.

I've got a subscription to Mopar Muscle for Christmas every year since I was 12. Needless to say there is some good reading in the man cave...
32109_10150178663360573_561290572_12578901_806705_n.jpg

OK, I'm showing my age, but I can remember when MCG was an offshoot of Chrysler Power Magazine! I have many issues of CPM from '86 to '93. I have used the articles in those more frequently than any other mag tech. MoPar Action is good every now and then, MCG is so-so, I won't buy Mopar Muscle and haven't since they were bought by Peterson or Primedia or who ever owns them now, they became just like HOTROD with the "how to build on a budget" articles. Well, I don't have a $20k budget, and people don't give me parts to to do a project to get their name in an article and out there. I've cancelled all my subscriptions to the mags mentioned as I only pick up ones that have an interesting article in them, otherwise I toss out the ones that have no interest/help/tech after I've read them, hence it's a waste of $$ for me to subscribe and get mags that have articles, etc that don't interest me.

I have subscribed to every one of these mags at one point in time. I look for instructional, history, information, articles pertinent to my intrest at that time. I like a magazine with a little of the old and little in the middle and some new tech. Hey I doing some of it all. me I think what people are looking for in these kinds of readings is fact, dreams and reality. Fact is not all of us are able to spend tons of money on our projects but we manage to keep plugging away at it. I'm sure most of us have dreamed about owning, or building our dream car but face the reality of dollars and sense. So we pick up a whish book off the magazine stand and start thumbing through. (Mopar something or another) and later determine the worth of it especially when we flip it over and see the price. Now if it has an article or what ever pertinent to my vehicle then I'm getin it.

DSC00958.jpg

I like them all, but I am tired of high dollar builds and Hemi's in everything...I'm glad there are mags available for the Mopar world. What drives me crazy about Mopar Action is having to flip pages all over the damn place to continue the article...Why the heck do they do that???

Ya like why do I always have to turn to page 92 to finish reading?

And what 62v200 said about mm x2! It was exactly when it got sold to whomever that it started to suck.

I am amazed all of them are still in business. The internet has more info. I like Mopar Action the best. I miss Moperformance and Chrysler Power but that was whole different time.

I get MCG and I like it. I will however have to agree with a few other comments,
They're way to busy pushing oil and Mopars at the Mansion.
I'm a collector, not a racer, and I can't see me putting $8 a quart oil in my 318. I don't have a problem with the playboy thing, but I'm not going. Not my class of event.
What I do like is the small guy stuff they come across from time to time, and I do like some of the rare stuff. They also seem a lot more willing to give all Mopars a fair shake and not just B and E bodies all the time.
Plus, for the $25 subscription, I get a free T-shirt that I figure is worth $15 and hold up real well.

My favorite Mopar Magazine? For A Bodies Only! Of course:D

My favorite Mopar Magazine? For A Bodies Only! Of course:D

lol.. seriously though. with how big the internet is and as many mopar web sites are out there all i really use a magazine for these days is kinda like a new product release memo. all the tech can be found on the net without filling the shelves in my basement...:)

lol.. seriously though. with how big the internet is and as many mopar web sites are out there all i really use a magazine for these days is kinda like a new product release memo. all the tech can be found on the net without filling the shelves in my basement...:)

Save a tree! LOL I get Mopar Muscle and MCG. I've talked to Randy Bolig at the Nationals and he is a straight up guy. I enjoy his magazine. Rob Wolf is another story. He and his magazine are all about sensationalism. Believe about half of what you read there. Too many 1 of 1 cars and tall tales about them for me to believe. They do have the best advertising of all the mags though. Lots of great ads for restoration services.

I got SO tired of Goldberg's latest whatever store bought toy, or so and so's 110K billet rod, or "how much aftermarket crap can we cram into this build..." so I don't subscribe to any of them. How about something for the kids just getting started, or the guy with bills and a family to consider before he starts flinging his money around.

MCG is great for hunting parts, I get one every once in a while.

MA is OK. Ebooger is great on the tech stuff, but I despise the "continued on page 102" arrangement and his writing style; with mispellings and misplaced commas and semicolons, drives me nuts. That's just me.

Mopar Muscle is the mag I renew every year at the Nats. It seems like they feature builds on cars that "normal" guys can afford. I like the "Rare Finds", as well as the "Reader's Rides" columns. The "Engine Challenge" thing IS getting a little old...

I have some ideas for some interesting articles... maybe I should do some freelancin'...

I voted for Mopar Enthusiast, But I am biased....

One mag I really like and forgot to mention is the online moparmax! I have found it to be very helpfull.They have an actual experience article about rockers for a big block mopar.

Check out Mopar Enthusiast this month ... and their other mag, Muscle car Enthusiast ... great writers, great articles...great stuff!!!!!!!!!

-
Back