wheel help needed

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
I know it's the wrong forum but being the holidays and time is of the essence, I figured I'd get a quicker response here.

I found some 14x6 sbp rims listed in an ad and was curious if they would work on my '66 Dart? I don't want to do any modifications. What questions should I ask, back spacing? Do aluminum slots clean up very well? Thanks in advance.

Those should work but I suggest you ask te seller what is the backspacing on the wheels. Aluminum will polish to an extent. Dont expect to get an anodized "Chrome like" shine by hand. Buffing wheels and polishing compound
combined with time and effort can make oxidized aluminum look good again.

good morning flat lander.

I dig aluminum slots some do need special lug nuts.
ask if the lug holes are in good shape and if they have any deep scratches.
some one will jump in and help with the back spacing.
hope this bump helps.

I believe those will work on your 66 as I think that is what i have on my 66 Dart. As for cleaning them up, yeah it would take a lot of cleaning. I did mine a few yeas back and it was about 3 hours per wheel.

3.25 back spacing and lug holes good. Thinking about putting on some 235/70s on the car. Would those work on a stock car?

My chrome reverse's where 3 1/4 back space on the rear of my 63 valiant!!

63 rear view resize.jpg

Attachments

• 63g better3.bmp
    36.1 KB · Views: 370
I dont think you'll get a 235 under there.
Even 215 can scrub in turns.

I dont think you'll get a 235 under there.
Even 215 can scrub in turns.
Oops!! That could be right red fish, I Just had 3 1/4 off set on the rear.
The front wheels where smaller. me bad. 205 14".

Make sure the wheels don't use uni-lugs. Some old sotted mags use them. they are unsafe in my opinion. I have had 2 uni-lug wheels come off my car. 1st time I was going to a friends and it was going about 25 mph. I had torqued the wheels down and about 2 weeks later I lost a front wheel on the freeway at 75 mph.

I thoughty I would post a pic of the wheels and tires I have on mine. It was hard to tell wha the back space is but looks like 3 1/2 and a 6 " rim. The tires I have on there are P205/60 14 Hope this help you

I'll check on the uni-lug issue. I'm going by a muffler/tire shop today and might get their suggestions/see what they have. Looks like 205s it is.

thanks

Flatlander, if it's any help, I run a 225-60-14 BFG tire on a chromed 6" rim with 3.5" bs on my 66. There's lots of room to the springs and I can still run my big pudgy fingers between the sidewall and the outer wheelwell.

-
Back