Wheels, considering going 17"

-
i like it.... didn't think i would like the wheels but they really look nice.

what did you say. they are 17 x 8 ? front and rear ? what back space? is the back space the same on the front and rear rims? what size tires are you running?

i know you said you have a b-body rear in it but is the wheel wells in the stock location?

abodyjoe said:
i like it.... didn't think i would like the wheels but they really look nice.

what did you say. they are 17 x 8 ? front and rear ? what back space? is the back space the same on the front and rear rims? what size tires are you running?

i know you said you have a b-body rear in it but is the wheel wells in the stock location?

yes 17x8 both ends

backspacing is around 5 3/4 on both ends also

245/45/17's all around

wheel wells havent been touched

It look's like a very nice car and the wheel's look grate.
take good care of your car and injoy.
Or you could sell it to me and then I would injoy it . :blob:
Job well dun Dart360Custom :thumbup:

memike said:
It look's like a very nice car and the wheel's look grate.
take good care of your car and injoy.
Or you could sell it to me and then I would injoy it . :blob:
Job well dun Dart360Custom :thumbup:

Thanks man it isnt a bad car :headbang:

Dart360Custom said:
yes 17x8 both ends

backspacing is around 5 3/4 on both ends also

245/45/17's all around

wheel wells havent been touched

Is everything else stock? Did you move the springs in? I have a '69 dart also, so if you can fit those all around, I imagine that I could also fit those all around! :headbang:
By the way, it looks really good, I thought it wasn't going to look so hot, but it's pretty cool looking I must say!

ThogtheCaveman said:
Is everything else stock? Did you move the springs in? I have a '69 dart also, so if you can fit those all around, I imagine that I could also fit those all around! :headbang:
By the way, it looks really good, I thought it wasn't going to look so hot, but it's pretty cool looking I must say!

yeah everything else is stock. Thanks man im pretty happy with it.

I like the Bullitt style wheels better personally, but they look pretty good.

I like your wheels, I am considering the bullit wheels for mine, but I am going to have to use spacers since I would only have 1/8" clearance to the springs.

Very clean Dart! love it. I was also looking into some very similar wheel that were a few years old. They were 18s that were on a thunderchicken. I didnt have the cash but now I wish I would have come up with it! Looks very clean with those wheels!

I agree with you guys that like the Cragar and other 15" variety wheels. They "fit" the car better in more ways than one. The main reason I'm going with 17" or possibly 18" wheels is b/c you can't get Z rated 15" tires that fit muscle cars anymore. BFGoodrich used to in the R1, but they dropped that a few years past.

My car if it ever gets done... will be setup for track days at the local road course. I know I won't have the fastest car, but probably the coolest. Most of the American representation is Fox Mustangs (which I run now), Corvettes, or Camaros.

That's my reasoning....

Overall I like it. Being you have a white car, I think I would have gone for a darker rim like anthricite or black chrome to keep them from blending in too much), but I think it looks good.

No disrespect,dont like.Look's to much like a mustang rim.

I am also a purist.

Black powder coated 14" or 15" steel wheels,dog dish,or no hub caps for your car.

At the same time it is your car,and if you like it that is all that matters!!! :thumbup:

I think it looks AWESOME :salute: :thumbup: I would not change a thing! The white A-Body with all of that chrome looks great with the chrome wheels! Do you know how much they weigh? I was thinking about the mustang bullet wheels for my white A-body,but after seeing your wheels :sleepy3:

Grinder said:
I think it looks AWESOME :salute: :thumbup: I would not change a thing! The white A-Body with all of that chrome looks great with the chrome wheels! Do you know how much they weigh? I was thinking about the mustang bullet wheels for my white A-body,but after seeing your wheels :sleepy3:

there not real heavy if i had to guess 25 lb ish

Dart360Custom said:
there not real heavy if i had to guess 25 lb ish

They are actually closer to 20 lbs. you may think 5 lbs isn't much, but it is when you consider the rotational mass at 80 mph. My 17x9's are 23.

Also don't take my previous post about the 15's as a negative comment. I think it looks great.

Cheers

RedlineDuster said:
They are actually closer to 20 lbs. you may think 5 lbs isn't much, but it is when you consider the rotational mass at 80 mph. My 17x9's are 23.

Also don't take my previous post about the 15's as a negative comment. I think it looks great.

Cheers

I didnt take any as negitive really. This is temoprary untill i can save for a minitub and some 12" prostars :thumbup: I wanted to change it up for a little while.

I agree with RedlineDuster about there being no z-rated tires for 15 inch rims, which is total BS. I live in the hills of West Virginia and if any of you have ever drove on Route 50 you know it has some kiss your a$$ turns. Right now I am just looking for handling out of my Dart, then 15x10 or 15x12 rear and 15x4 up front with a well built high HP motor when I get more money.

I Like it, but then again i always like the modernisation of the older cars, just look at what xvmotorsports do to an older car. And ive just seen pictures of the dart on wrecks to riches.
Im just about to get a 69 dart and will be doing the same. This will just be a cruiser for now so low and big wheels will be my way to go. Have some 245/45x18 for the front and 275/40x18 for the rear. Looking at wheels like the foose nitrious for now.

Again love the look and do what feels right for yourself not what everyone else thinks looks good.

-
Back