Where do you get your front end parts?

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I need to rebuild the front end on my 66Dart soon and am looking for some decent prices on parts.

Napa wants over $600 for everything. :wack:

Hell, I only paid $1000 for the car!

This is what I think I need.

Tie rods (inner and outer)
Adjusting sleeves (2)
Idler arm (1)
Upper ball joints (2)
Lower ball joints (2)

Am I missing anything?

I already have the pitman arm.

I bought all my stuff from just suspension. You could try this place.

autopartswarehouse.com

I might also suggest that you replace the upper and lower control arm bushings and strut rod bushings.

See if you can price out the items you need using Moog parts.

Also, maybe skip replacing the tie rod sleeves unless they're rusty or something. They're not "wear" items.

While I haven't as yet gotten any front end parts, I have ordered brake parts from Rock Auto.com. In my opinion, their prices are great! Having said that, I must admit that I haven't as yet picked the pieces up at the border to see my recent purchase. Maybe someone out there has had more experience with Rock Auto or some other part's supplier. Good luck

You'll save money buying a complete kit,don't forget the upper/lower control arm bushings. I got mine from Just Suspension also. Don't get the poly, constant lubing to get rid of the squeaks.
Bruce

I would suggest rockauto, yet if you want to replace everything, thats not a bad deal even though its missing the idler arm from JS
Rockauto sells the idler for half the price of just suspension FYI

Also tie rods and tie rod sleeves are expensive...i bought C body tie rods which are half the price and a lot beefier

lastly, keep in mind that lower and upper balljoints are expensive as well, especially if your car has drum brakes up front...if your lower balljoints are tight (wiggle around the balljoint once it is separated from the brake spindle) then they dont need replacing

It all depends on your budget in the end

I`ve used PST for my cars and always bought the comprehensive kits. I`ve read that ESPO is good too. Both have reasonable prices and good products.

I also suggest go to the c-body tie-rod ends & sleeves.They are 11/16" dia as opposed to your stock 9/16" dia, they are stronger with less flex & can be a very noticeable improvement.Also are a direct bolt in.

Inner tie-rod end #ES355RL & outer tie-rod end #ES352R & adjuster sleeves # ES440S from Moog suspension

I need to rebuild the front end on my 66Dart soon and am looking for some decent prices on parts.

Napa wants over $600 for everything. :wack:

Hell, I only paid $1000 for the car!

This is what I think I need.

Tie rods (inner and outer)
Adjusting sleeves (2)
Idler arm (1)
Upper ball joints (2)
Lower ball joints (2)

Am I missing anything?

I already have the pitman arm.

PM sent. I have these parts almost new and will sell.

when i did jamie's front end i got the kit from espo. great customer service and fast delivery.

I used PST and they even gave me the stock rubber LCA bushings as everyone recommends.

At the time, mopar muscle had an article out on how to rebuild an A body front end, perfect timing.

I learned a neat trick from the article on how to easily press out the LCA bushing housing by tack welding a washer to the shell housing, and I also took their advice and got some LCA stiffening brackets and welded them on too.
Heck, I even went out and bought a small wire feed welder and a shop press from northern tool.

It was an expensive do it yourself job, but I have gotten some good use out of that little welder so far.

-
Back