where do you work at?

-
Supervisor at local parts warehouse.Great boss,good job,really cool co-workers.Usually put out over 200 invoices a day.

I'm a self employed ceramic tile installer. Started in the biz in 1986 and have been self employed for about 8 years now. Even though work has been slow for the last year or so, I don't think I could ever go back to work for someone else.

Technician at a Hyundai dealership. Used to be Dodge and Hyundai but Chrysler axed that. Oldest Dodge dealer in 5 counties, so much for loyalty.

spent 33 yrs as parts pro at to auto chains last one was cq but i had a partial foot amp and was let go in april

Fulltime - 3D piping Draftsmen for an HVAC Mechanical Contractor
Part time - teach 3D autocad
- Freelance Automotive Journalism

Mechanical Engineer for a NASA contractor at Goddard SPace Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD

Was a CHevrolet Certified Technician in 1981, then went back to school (MARYLAND) for engineering degree (BSME)

Worked at US Naval Research Lab for 15 years desiging spacecraft , mostly black programs.

Left in 2004 and went to Orbital Sciences Corporation working on Commercial Communications spacecraft as an Integration ENgineer.

In 2007 went to work at NASA to support HST (Hubble SPace Telescope) SM4 (service mission 4) as integration engineer.

Last year I switched over to the RECERTIFICATION department as the LDE (Lifting Device & equipment) engineer.

Bob

electrical service technician, specialty in industrial controls and operation/repair. Pretty cool job,,,,,,people break **** and I go fix it ! I get to do a lot of work at different types of production facilities that are changing over to fully automated systems, when they are ready to step out of "the stone age" way of doing things. Pay is good and it's never a dull moment. The only thing that sucks about my position is the being on call for the after hours emergencies that tend to come up on occassion, but somebody has to do it and overtime buys parts!!!!!!!!!

man i cant believe how fast this thread grew and all of these awesome jobs most of you do that really make an impact in our world even the not so (kool) or hard or smelly or etc jobs you guys do it what makes the world go round...........keep it coming

I work for a commercial land developer in their property management department as the director of security here in sunny southern California. I get to legally give tenants a super hard time if they're not adhering to their lease agreements, lock tenants out of their businesses, participate in court cases regarding deadbeat tenants, levy monsterous fines, shut down huge construction projects, etc.

I don't have a big fan club :laughing:

Seven years ago I was asked to build a chocolate factory. Once built I had to figure out how to make it taste good... Now I am officially the Engineer AND Chocolate Maker. We produce batches of 8000 pounds of chocolate 2 - 3 times per week. We roast raw cocoa beans in the first stage, then grind them in a couple different process mills down to about 10 microns, at which point it flows due to being 50% fat!!) add sugar, run the mass through more process equipment all the way to a finished bar of chocolate.

High School Math teacher, it was either this or be a be dentist. ( I like to cause pain)

mmmmm chocolate wish i had that job!! nothing special i work at Applebee's in southern california in the summer and work as a Resident Assistant at northern arizona university in the school months...put a roof over my head and food on my plate absolutely free so i can't complain! LOL

I work for Detroit Diesel as a Process Engineer in the Heavy Duty Engine machining blockline. Everyday is a new problem which requires constant use of your brain. Anything that has to do with machining a good cylinderblock I'm part of it. Sometimes it's programming changes or trying to figure out a quality issues to improve our process. Today I was working on finish cylinderbores. Very rewarding job when you figure out the problem and have a idea how to fix it. By August our new capacity will be 84,000 engines a year. Our engines go in Freightliner trucks, buses, firetrucks. Jayson

http://www.detroitdiesel.com/engines/default.aspx?gclid=CPWYzfem4agCFSJ-5QodmRvhCA

Motorcycle dealer been doing it 25 years don't know anything else. Suzuki, Kawasaki, yamaha, Polaris. Play with toys all day. And uh yea that working for yourself deal well let's just say I work a lot.

Junior Superintendent, and lead foreman for Interstates Construction Services, a very large electrical contractor, we design, install, fab, maintence, you name it , if its electrical, we can handle it!

Body/Paint tech at a Chrysler dealership. And I restore old muscle cars on the side.

Attachments

• Image100 copy.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 474
  • e77b6dbba5_640.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 472
Mechanical designer for consulting engineering firm. Most design piping and HVAC for high tech industry. Also keep all the computers running in our two offices.

I am a forklift tech. for the past 15 years. I work on anything! gas, diesel, electric, scizzors lifts, all arial lifts, construction equiptment and any oddball that falls in between! and of course mopars! Jared

Manage a meat department in a supermarket. May not seem real glamorous,but have been in this business for 41 years now,and still enjoy going to work everyday.

-
Back