where do you work at?

-
Electrical contractor...self employed.

Motivation.....Time, having time to do things when everyone else is working....just a few hours here and there is amazing. I can get out and see my kids 2 pm school concert, go fishing, mow the lawn...etc.

Hours.....M-F 7-6 Sun as needed....I do work a lot normally

Incorporated......1999...sing it.

Peevs......You think you are working for yourself....right. More like you work for everyone else. Oh and your suddenly a bank....customers pay like $h!t...wait around forever going broke.....mfmfnmnmnsd.....digress.

Props.....waking up and stepping into my office at 7 with hot coffee wearing my robe and slippers. Clean up (for me) is at 10:00 AM or earlier if I have an AM meeting.

Perks.....free Royals tickes twice a year, couple o free lunches and the best is a sweet German Shepard guard dog and he's tax deductable.:eek:ccasion:

Cribs Offices..................

Mop

Attachments

• 100_4087w.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 100_4088w.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 536
  • 100_4089w.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 530
  • 100_4090w.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 525
I am in the same profession as moparker. You keep it going, we keep it flowing. Our job is to keep the poop in the pipe.

Self Employed Appliance Installer. I have a contract with Sears and service a large territory including traveling to "White Zones" which include S.C. and VA to do installs that other providers refuse to do.

Motivation.....Time, having time to do things when everyone else is working....just a few hours here and there is amazing. I can get out and see my kids 2 pm school concert, go fishing, mow the lawn...etc.

Peevs......You think you are working for yourself....right. More like you work for everyone else. Oh and your suddenly a bank....customers pay like $h!t...wait around forever going broke.....mfmfnmnmnsd.....digress.

Props.....waking up and stepping into my office at 7 with hot coffee wearing my robe and slippers. Clean up (for me) is at 10:00 AM or earlier if I have an AM meeting.

Perks.....free Royals tickes twice a year, couple o free lunches and the best is a sweet German Shepard guard dog and he's tax deductable.:eek:ccasion:

Mop

Awesome I like ur job the best so far lol know offense to anyone else but I prefer self employed if I ever had a choice

Mop

Awesome I like ur job the best so far lol know offense to anyone else but I prefer self employed if I ever had a opportunity

Day job = General Machinist specializing in core pins for moulds. Mainly the big three, but some offshore brands on occasion.

Other day job since my shop is a bit slow at times. Grounds keeper for a private yard. (kind of like the pool boy) Plant my pansies and tend to them all summer.

Before and after work and weekend = Dairy farmer ... milking cows and feeding.
Before and after work in season = field work, planting, working ground, cutting and baling hay ... fixing machinery when it breaks down

Basically the overall title.... you name it i do it!

Sometimes the opportunities just present themselves....

Mine was when I had a falling out with a good friend at a company owned by someone else....buddy's for life...my ***.

I had just gotten my girlfriend (wife now) pregnant and working there became intolerable. I just walked out one day and never looked back. I started my own company three days later. Been going ever since. Struggling right now but who isn't? I keep getting up and going to work.

So that's the short version....I guess my point is...if you want it bad enough....to work for yourself....you can make it happen. Just getting up every morning knowing that you have to fight and work hard to keep your freedom is motivation...most the peeps ever need.

Mop

PS....after I took that pic of my fridge .....I got into the Smrnffff.

so
I b
long
windd

Mop

Sometimes the opportunities just present themselves....

Mine was when I had a falling out with a good friend at a company owned by someone else....buddy's for life...my ***.

I had just gotten my girlfriend (wife now) pregnant and working there became intolerable. I just walked out one day and never looked back. I started my own company three days later. Been going ever since. Struggling right now but who isn't? I keep getting up and going to work.

So that's the short version....I guess my point is...if you want it bad enough....to work for yourself....you can make it happen. Just getting up every morning knowing that you have to fight and work hard to keep your freedom is motivation...most the peeps ever need.

Mop

I agree. You never know what is out there unless you take a risk. Sometimes it pays off other times it backfires. I am very blessed to have my little business and am working like a dog to make it successful. It can be a bear at times but the rewards are many. I started my business with a dream, some tools and a $800.00 Van. Turned $36K in six months of Self Employment.Still driving the same Van every day and working to make it on my own. Life is good and I thank God for everything every day.

I teach Surgical Technology at National College.

I am currently a Mailman. Pay is great, job sucks.
In the past, I was a Mopar parts man. Did that for 14 years in a great dealership. Learned more there from my boss than I ever did in any school.
For a few years prior to that,
I was a cannon crewman and gunner on a 155mm and 8" howitzers.
Field Artillery baby!

lighting technician/stage hand, i build concerts, trade shows, auctions, t.v sets, movie sets. it great because i have a new job every day. i get to travel, pay is great. out on workmans comp now because of ruptured rotator cuff.

I am a supervisor for public work in my county i look after 685 klick's of road and have 14 guys under me that most times i feel like i baby sit 40 hours a week..oop's sorry venting a little....lol

I work at Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Atlantic, I certify our U.S. Navy destroyers and Cruisers to provide gunfire support to our fighting Marines

Fulltime = Captain, Toronto Fire, for 29 yrs (started at age 20)
Partime = Have a Karate school

I am currently a Mailman. Pay is great, job sucks.
In the past, I was a Mopar parts man. Did that for 14 years in a great dealership. Learned more there from my boss than I ever did in any school.
For a few years prior to that,
I was a cannon crewman and gunner on a 155mm and 8" howitzers.
Field Artillery baby!

Would this be Fort Steward? GA>

-
Back