Where to get trim nuts

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
I am looking for the little sheetmetal (tin) nuts that hold the "DODGE" letters on hood of my 67 Dart. I know I saw them in a hardware store someplace and can't remember which one I saw them at. Found some in the HELP section of auto parts but there is only three in the size I need and I hate to spend $20($5 a package)to get 10 of em.
Thanks
Aaron

Nuts trimmed? Oh... Trim nuts.Sorry

I don't think trim nuts are any better... I have no personal experience in the matter, but from what I've heard pivot man is not my cup of tea lol

True value is a great place to get them or any of you local hardware stores for that matter. They're basically speed nuts

Most hardware stores carry them in their cardboard pull-out drawers in the nut and bolt section of the store.

Found my nuts! Got them at Lowes. 68 cents for a bag of four. Cool beats $5 for a package at auto parts to get 3 nuts out of, or who knows how much then shipping if mail order. Won't mention 4 gallons of gas to go to Lowes and back though.

What I found at Lowes was cheap, bright zinc plated, and poorly fitting.
Original trim nuts were better made, often with sealant and a dark grey plating I assume was mostly lead.

What I found at Lowes was cheap, bright zinc plated, and poorly fitting.
Original trim nuts were better made, often with sealant and a dark grey plating I assume was mostly lead.

Did you get the correct size?

-
Back