Which Air Compressor should I buy?

Which compressor should I buy?

• Campbell Hausfeld 30 Gal. 2hp 135 psi Max.

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Central Pneumatic 29 Gal. 2hp 150 psi Max.

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
This is the one I have. But I got it when Farm & Fleet had it for around $1200 normally, and on sale for $1000, then I did their credit card deal where you get 10% off that purchase, so around $900. It's a total beast. I compare it to the ones at Harbor Freight every time I go there, and those are such a joke for the price (no offense). Not everyone has the room for a compressor this large, but in my opinion, it pays for itself. How much is your time worth? It'll take at least twice as long, maybe more, with a small compressor. A nail gun will run off a tiny compressor, air tools like DAs and grinders, and paint guns use up way more air way faster. The "get the best you can afford" advice is solid.

http://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Industrial-Air-IV5038023-Air-Compressor/p3710.html

(So, I didn't vote for either).

I agree with 72 Dodge.Like the AT&T ad,bigger is better. I love my 2 stage,80 gallon tank,6.5 hp DeVilbiss. Buy what you can afford.

For $40.00 it might be great. It's probably a 110 unit and will probably run an impact gun okay, and you'd be able to spray primer pretty well. Air files and die grinders are going to be a bit of a stretch though. A buddy of mine bought a 20 gallone 110v 2HP compressor 25 years ago just out of high school. He's painted numerous cars with it (old school paint gun), used a variety of air tools, and basically abused the snot out of it. I think he's changed the oil once in 25 years. It won't run a die grinder or other high cfm tools though, and it runs CONSTANTLY whenever any real load is put on it. But his $200.00 was well spent.

If I didn't have anything, I might buy, if for no other reason than to be able to fill my car tires at home.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back