Which small block A Body is the most sought after

-
Hands down 71 Demon, but of course not because I have one. Certainly not. Hell they're all keepers in my eyes. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

108.JPG

68-69 Dart GTS 340
67 Barracud Formula S 273
68-69 Barracuda Formula S 340
69 'Cuda 340
70-71 Duster 340
71-72 Demon 340
I had to choose one for myself.It would have to be a 69 'Cuda 340
Jim

I would say 71 340 Duster would be top of the list for small block cars followed by the 70 Dart swinger 340.

I would think the 68 B' Cuda 340 4 spd. Fastback, because of the 1968 SS cars. Any thoughts?

The 1968 340 4-speed Cuda, hands down the best A-body! It had great European shape, it was a break away from the other A-bodies. The whole shape of the car had something for everyone. It was sporty, handled good, & very FAST! My second choice would be the 1969 340 Swinger, simplicity at its best, also it was such a bargain to buy when it was new. I was not old enough to drive when these cars were new, I don't know why these did not out sell the brand-Xers by the thousands!

Could be this one? I saw pic of a white 65 Valiant convertable that someone posted the other day and I am now officially in love with that car also.=P~

2007_1108Image0002.jpg

I get people wanting to buy my car all the time.

Why?

Because it is in such nice shape? NO!
Because it is a 70 Dart? NO!
Because it is an A-body? NO!

Because it is an original 340 4-speed car? Yes!

IMOA. Any 340 A-body is sought after. It's the motor not the car.

Motor and trans, and hardtop (not getting into optional accesories):

Most valuable is the 71 Demon 340 4spd very closely (or a toss up) followed by the 71 Duster 340 4spd. They have a wide range appeal with graphics and high impact paint. The guys that are used to owning B and E Bodies tend to buy these as thier first A-body. That drives the price up.

Most valuable regardless of body type would be a 68 340 Dart GTS 340 4spd convertible or 68 340 Barracuda S 340 4spd convertible. Some think the Dart pulls more money. Might be a toss up.

Getting into optional accessories and dealer package cars the 71/72 GSS Supercharged 340 Demon 4spd car would be tops. If they made one/any with a folding roof that would be even more valuable and sought after. IMHO that would top the 68/69 340 convertibles. Second would be a documented Savage Barracuda.

That the 68/69's are the hottest. The Cuda brings more money but The Dart is close behind. The problem is you NEVER SEE 68/69 CUDA'S for sale. People that have them don't sell them on the open market. I can only assume that if they sell, they do it on some private market. Other than that the 68/69 Darts bring the most money witch tells me that they are the most favored. I have a 69
Dart and am tickled. Eat your hearts out. I will be even more impressed if I ever get mine back from the body shop.

That the 68/69's are the hottest. The Cuda brings more money but The Dart is close behind. The problem is you NEVER SEE 68/69 CUDA'S for sale. People that have them don't sell them on the open market. I can only assume that if they sell, they do it on some private market. Other than that the 68/69 Darts bring the most money witch tells me that they are the most favored. I have a 69
Dart and am tickled. Eat your hearts out. I will be even more impressed if I ever get mine back from the body shop.

I think you are right about the non factory 340 and 383 cars. The 318/273/slant 6 Barracudas bring more money easily in the compared to a same condition Dart.

But selling prices for 68/69 "S" car seem close to GTS and 340 Swingers.

I know a extremely nice 383 4spd 68 Barracuda Coupe brought around $35K on ebay recently. A similar 340 car will not sell for more. I think a 68 383 4spd GTS would be similar or more. Even though the coupe is rarer than a fastback, the coupe will sell for less money.

-
Back