Who and where should i buy a new top for a 69 barracuda

-
The glass window stays zipped in all the time in my car.

The boot is attached at the front to the rear of the seat. I've never had an A-Body vert, so I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe they mount the same too. The front of the boot slides into a retainer and is a pain to remove or install, so it stays in place. The boot gets either draped over the seat back or (usually) draped back into the well where you can't see it.

As was mentioned, watch what you put in the trunk. Don't put anything under that well. I had a friend blow a window out at Carlisle when he forgot about the chair that had been pushed under the well. He put the top down and it hit the chair and shattered.
This is exactly how my 67 Barracuda boot sits. I have a glass window and never unzip it.

Does anyone else recall a requirement to unzipping the glass before lowering the top?

Well I stand corrected. (it must have been my dad's rule when lowering the top) In the owners manual it specifically states "Note: Your new convertible is equipped with a non-yellowing, care free glass rear window. It is not necessary to unfasten the window when lowering top."

My 69 Vert. I have a glass back window that is left in when I drop the top. I also leave the Boot attached to the top of the back seat when the top is up. No one rides in my back seat.

Hoffer Park my car 6 2017.jpg

DSCN7496.JPG

I just bought a new top from Restoration Parts Source, with new back glass window. Price was about $440. Had to buy new pads and cables separate though. I have lowered my top hundreds of times, no need to unzip the window, I have never has a problem, I do strongly agree not to put anything in the well, keep the well liner in, and store the boot cover neatly in the trunk. Hope this helps.

Also make sure the water weep holes on the underside of the rocker panel just in front of the rear wheels are opened. If not any water running through the drain trough as picture above will lay in the rockers and they will rot out. Here's my 69.

40536715_2120162731362844_6111985976878301184_n.jpg

-
Back