who are you hiding from?

-
7demon2, Alabama is - AL. Alberta ( A provence of Canada ) is -AB.
I think I spelled provence correct. :book: :salut:

thanks DartDave...i had never seen that before ,and thought it was meant to be al for alabama.....

I only have three references to my location when I post. I'm just trying for the pitty thing. So far it ain't workin. Hmm wonder why

7demon2 said:
i am glad to see this thread still going. it is for the better of the board i think in the long run....i do enjoy seeing the different locations pop up. old vart i see yours says you are in forestburg ab....where is ab? is this alabama?

Don't tell him old vart, let himn think it's alabama when it's really alaska. Let's keep it a secret just between us.

Hey, my STATE is in my profile! :evil2:

I don't see a thing wrong with jazzing up the location a bit.
So long as a 5th grader is able to figure out what a "Hog", "Farmer" and "Dirt" is, and can find the general location of "Nebraska" on the big "Lower 48" map, it satisfies me.

Sometimes the replies in the location will tell you as much as an out and out location.
It doesn't bother me a bit if it's not there, but to each their own.

Oh, and area codes on phone numbers are a fairly accurate way of telling where a person's located. EVERY phone book has a list of area codes in it, too.

Mark.

Come on now Demon Seed, Alaska is AK.
Anyone else for abreviations for states/provences ? LOL,LOL :salut:

I like seeing where everybody is from. Just a nice to know thing it is. It can also help in general convo when it comes time to buy/sell/trade/give parts or meetings of fellow A body members.

sid!! oldvart so your from alaska, chit that's a cold place,like to see pic,they say it's a grate place to photo.

of course i think pepole should show where they are from its fun to see and like some have written its also a good thing if someone wants to buy or sell some parts or cars:)

demon seed said:
Yea but you're from Pilot Butt Saskatchewan. Where the hell is that.

Just kidding couldn't resist. :evil2:
I'm hiding from my Boss who thinks I'm still on a job in Nova Scotia.

demon seed,
THIS IS YOUR BOSS FROM NOVA SCOTIA, I found ya....Can I have my wife back....Oh by the way, your last pay cheque was mailed to TIM BUCK TWO :wave:

It's great when a Mopar guy can visit a site and chat with other Mopar lovers from all over the world. If you've ever viewed the thread discussing what we all do for a living, you realize there's a very diverse group of people on here. Being able to see where they all live just adds to what we have here. I wish I could learn even more about all of you. I read a post from 383man and realized that he was less than 50 miles away. I replied because I knew I could actually go help him. Hell, I drive 50 miles to see a movie. And think about this when you post cars or parts for sale. It helps when you know if a part is 3, 30, 300 or 3,000 miles away. Or more. At least we know one thing about everyone here. We're all Mopar fans.

torquehouse said:
It's great when a Mopar guy can visit a site and chat with other Mopar lovers from all over the world. If you've ever viewed the thread discussing what we all do for a living, you realize there's a very diverse group of people on here. Being able to see where they all live just adds to what we have here. I wish I could learn even more about all of you. I read a post from 383man and realized that he was less than 50 miles away. I replied because I knew I could actually go help him. Hell, I drive 50 miles to see a movie. And think about this when you post cars or parts for sale. It helps when you know if a part is 3, 30, 300 or 3,000 miles away. Or more. At least we know one thing about everyone here. We're all Mopar fans.

I agee torquehouse, I think I know more about the guys here then my own family (that could be a bad thing). Never the less were are brothers/sisters of a great family learning from one another. Well Said. :thumblef:

scan0003.jpg

pic1.JPG

now I am all comfused, :cwm10: lets get this right,sid your from canada, :book: where is sooke bc?? looks like a part number for a tail light, oohh my wife said it stands for british of columbia. :notworth: Now I got it I think. :sad2: ..Time for a Mug

torquehouse said:
that was an execellent explanation for the real purpose for this thread! i have been amazed sometimes as to how close some people are to me and yet i have never seen their car that they have or ever met in person at a local cruise-in somewhere before. the board does help to make us all closer...

memike.1 said:
now I am all comfused, :cwm10: lets get this right,sid your from canada, :book: where is sooke bc?? looks like a part number for a tail light, oohh my wife said it stands for british of columbia. :notworth: Now I got it I think. .Time for a Mug

Oh boy, your lost.....Your wife's half way home on the plate thing-a-ma jig, but she should let you out to play more often in Canada. It's British Columbia not British of Columbia (what ever that means, right) and Sooke, da something to do with Indians. Like what's up with this Sooke thing anyways...And the plate...I was tring to confuse you with the MOPAR plate...LOL . Now where was I...Oh ya studing plates :) Here's to ya memike.1 Have a good weekend.

69signetv8 said:
demon seed,
THIS IS YOUR BOSS FROM NOVA SCOTIA, I found ya....Can I have my wife back....Oh by the way, your last pay cheque was mailed to TIM BUCK TWO :wave:

Cute, actually my boss is an Englishman living in Hamilton but that ain't my fault. The best part is I see him once a year which is once to often. But then again as long as the eagle ***** every other friday I can live with it even when I'm working outside in Edmonton and it's minus 30 degC today, that's minus 22 degF for the guys across the line.:salut:

i have seen alot of people changing their info in their profiles. this is good but, i have seen alot of others that have just joined and othersthat have been around for awhile that need to read this! the best one i saw was a new posting by a new member that not only did not have his city or state , but in their introduction didn't SAY where they were even from! so the question still remains......Who Are You Hiding From? (the names have been withheld to protect the innocent!) :silent:

7demon2 said:
i have seen alot of people changing their info in their profiles. this is good but, i have seen alot of others that have just joined and othersthat have been around for awhile that need to read this! the best one i saw was a new posting by a new member that not only did not have his city or state , but in their introduction didn't SAY where they were even from! so the question still remains......Who Are You Hiding From? (the names have been withheld to protect the innocent!) :silent:

Well..I don't know Gregg,... I guess some dudes think there's a lot of :evil2: people out there that will hunt down their wheels. So..(don't piss me off Gregg) I just might cross North America ta get ya. Yah right :wack: Same as the blanking out plate issue I brought up at one time. Man, If someone want's to rip off a vehicle that bad, their going to need more then just a City/State. I got Sooke down on mine and most ask "what the hell is that"

69signetv8 said:
Well..I don't know Gregg,... I guess some dudes think there's a lot of :evil2: people out there that will hunt down their wheels. So..(don't piss me off Gregg) I just might cross North America ta get ya. Yah right :wack: Same as the blanking out plate issue I brought up at one time. Man, If someone want's to rip off a vehicle that bad, their going to need more then just a City/State. I got Sooke down on mine and most ask "what the hell is that"
i hear ya 69signetv8! hey how did you know my name? i'm telling!!!!!! :thumblef:

-
Back