Who has ordered a passon A-855 ?

-

four_gear

Reaction score
I was just checking out passon performance's website and it says that the A-855's are now available. I was just wondering who has one or has one on order. I'm debating if i am going to officially put it on my "want list". Whats everyone's 2 bits about it?

i don't have one, but I sure do WANT one!! I think it's an awesome piece of equipment! If I had the dough, it'd be here pronto!

I went to the Passon site, and I see nothing that indicates they are available.

Can you please post a link?

Thank you

Rich

I must be losing my mind. I am sure that when I checked the other day it said "now available". I just checked again and it says "available soon". I must be losing my marbles. Sorry for the misleading info.

Your minds fine, well in regards to the site anyway, I saw it said available too.!

Haha good to know. I talked to passon today and they said that they planned on having it released in may. But I guess they have changed it to June or July.

will it hold up to a little HP...I would hate to put another 4300.00 in my Dustpan and boooooom after a few beats...just asking

I have thought about ordering one but i am leaning towards other options. Mainly becuase i would still have to cut out the floor area for the shift rods because the car came as an auto.

that said Jamie's trans still looks outstanding and should be a great trans when it becomes availible.

Talked to Jamie this morning and he confirmed an expected release in late June or early July. They are waiting on bearings and shifter mechanisms. He also said they have confirmed the fit in the early A-body. It required a change to the speedometer housing but they have that figured out too. It is an expensive upgrade but I'm expecting that it will be worth the $$ and the wait. Kudos to Jamie for such an endeavor!!

Talked to Jamie this morning and he confirmed an expected release in late June or early July. They are waiting on bearings and shifter mechanisms. He also said they have confirmed the fit in the early A-body. It required a change to the speedometer housing but they have that figured out too. It is an expensive upgrade but I'm expecting that it will be worth the $$ and the wait. Kudos to Jamie for such an endeavor!!

Jamie is a good guy he actualy lives close to me and was just in at work a few weeks ago He is just waiting on the one bearing he also told me June/July

I just called Jamie and he is still hearing that the shifters and bearings won't be avilable until mid-July. He's hoping for a mid July date but has been delayed so much he is reluctant to say a date.

The wait continues.....

I was considering going with either a Kiesler 600 or a Passon A-855. I inquired to both companies last summer and Kiesler sent me a complete detailed parts list with prices. Passon failed to do that and was reluctant to answer questions about their product or availability. I ended up scrapping the 5-speed plans and am going with an A-518 automatic because of cost. After talking with both companies, I'll say that I'd be reluctant to deal with Passon and I would go with Kiesler. The big game Passon is playing with availability is a big red flag to me.

American power train also has a Tremec TKO 600 kit for these cars. My quote from Bill, without the pedals, since the car was originally a 3 on the column, was 4700 for the trans, driveshaft, clutch, trans mount, etc. I'll put the pdf file out for it later.

I'd love to get one but I'd like to wait to see how others like theirs for a while.

I will volunteer my car as a test subject though. Heh, heh.

I talked to Jamie today about the A855. He had some parts come in for the intial production that were not within tolerance so he had to have them re-made. He's still waiting on parts that meet spec to begin production. He is reluctant to estimate a timeframe because he has had so many of the folks he was depending on not hold up their commitment. At this point he says that production will begin when he has all of the parts in hand and they are all of a quality he is confident in. He's hoping for a month but won't commit due to past experience. So, still patiently waiting. But, I'm confident these things will be worth the wait.

I tslked with Jamie at the NATS along with his Dad and we told him to put us on the list. Hey had problems them with HURST for the shifter getting parts made but would have my trans by nov. well I couldnt wait any longer and had my car apart waiting so I took out the 4 speed and put in a 727 full manual trans from ATD I know go from a stick to a auto. Well I have done worse to my car with the cowl hood. But this way with the auto I can drive my car and have my times more consistent this summer at the track and won't have to wait for parts so Jamie can get his out. I saw his trans at the NATS. It's a sweet piece but I just couldn't wait any longer.

Order one last week, been told beginning 2014. Got 360 to built before mine, be patient i told to myself.

I have a hard time caring about this transmission anymore. Its like a carrot on a stick. A solid diamond carrot.

-
Back