Who likes strippers : ) ???

-

GenLee1970

Reaction score
So, a few years ago I got on this retro, keep it simple, old school kick in response to the whole "electronics to do everything but wipe your ***" mentality of modern society. When my PC broke 3 years ago, I cancelled my internet service and got a library card for internet use. Let's face it, if you like old cars/bikes etc, you at least need access to the web for parts etc. I also ditched cable and now use a big antenna, 43 crystal clear digital channels for free on my 19'" wood grained Zenith TV, with knob tuners. I've been without a microwave since my old one **** the bed over a year ago. I've got the simplest of simple cell phone (it's 7 years old and I need one for work), heat my home with a wood stove, no home phone etc, etc.

The last step was to get an old school daily driver. My thought was an A body stripper. Slant 6, 3 on the tree, manual everything, no a/c, rubber floor mat. The extreme opposite of the modern whizbang car. What I ended up with was a 73 Swinger, slant six, auto trans, manual brakes, 3 speed wipers and a/c that was crudely ripped out by a previous owner and which will like never operate again. I couldn't get used to going from my work van with power brakes to the Dart with out, so I threw a booster in it.

Anyway, while still a stripper by modern standards, it's a little far from my vision. I think I could deal with a manual trans and steering but the brakes would need to stay power.

So, anyone out there have soft spot for strippers O:)? Do you own one? Do you ever intend to "put clothes" on it?

My first Mopar was my 69 RR in about 1970. Those are "kind of" a stripper. Before that I had a '60 Falcon. That was absolutely a stripper.

I think they call them Rat Rods now, but I have had a few hollowed out cars and trucks in my lifetime.

Strippers are handy!

1425108_01_swiss_made_7_5_mm_ammo_on_stri_640.jpg

I had a 65 valiant that sat probably 10 or more years before I bought it. Did a bit of floor work to it, put a house carpet down and blankets on the seats. Fuel system from gas tank to carb, brake lines and brakes, tune up belts and hoses and drove it for 7 years all years around everywhere anywhere until I got bored of it. Only convenience it has was automatic and only broke down once, water pump.I wish I didn't sell her especially seeing these turbo /6 on here.

The crappy blue Dart with the Earl Scheib paint job is the same one in my avatar. I drove it with a tired slant and ugly paint for a couple of years and loved it! I called it a beater....

vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

Strippers? I like Klein wire strippers best.

1968 valiant sedan. 360 magnum 4 speed. no options none.....Radio delete, lighter delete, rubber mat, no ac, no ps, no pb, nothing. manual drum brakes all way around. best car I have ever owned and the most fun

My first car ever was a 1969 Plymouth Belvedere former taxi cab. 225 with automatic trans. Manual brakes, rubber mats and heater. No AC, no radio. Bought it for $200 in 1974 at the age of 17. I loved that car. It was black and white like the Adam 12 cop cars.

I had a 67 2 dr post dart that fit in this category. Red with red interior.
Radio delete and rubber mat.
I didn't like the 9" drum brakes or the automatic trans much but did enjoy driving the car
as a daily for several years. The slant finally let a rod go on the interstate one day.
I should have put a v8 in it but traded it off on a roller 73 Cuda.
I ended up liking driving the dart more than the E body.
After 2 cudas, a charger and a couple swingers and a few others I don't mess with the B & E bodies any more.
I found I like the 68 barracuda when changed over to big bolt pattern as my favorite Mopar.
Manual everything. For me it gets no better. Wish I would have known I would be happiest with the A body all along.
I would have spent much less on cars over the years.

I had a 74 Ford 1/2 ton 360 3 on the tree. Not even rubber mat on the floor. When it was really cold in the winter I would have 2 small spots above the defrosters to see out of. Scraper in 1 hand and you where good to go. Was a great truck though, started in -40 weather every time. Used to have to boost the neighbors new chevy that was plugged in.

1962 Belvedere, manual steering, non power 4 wheel drum brakes. No frills, only upgrades being 318 w 727 and reverse lights lol.

car i'm working on now, is 67 Belvedere !, that a 2 door post car, 225 slant, manual steer and brakes. no air, no radio. it will get a 400 !!!!!!! and the slant go into another early A BARE car!!!! that needs a better slant!

I love strippers. Mopar had lots of them. For example, most of the early 60's drag cars are strippers, 2 door post cars with vinyl floor mats and radio delete. The are lightweight, strong, and simple. My first car was a 65 Dart 270 model. A 2 door post car, white with red interior. Don't need no power steering or power brakes. It did have a radio and carpet but just a 3 on the tree. Whoever ordered it checked the correct box and got a HP 273. Dang, I wish I still had that car. It was one of very few built with that combo. It screamed or so I thought. It would roast that right rear bias ply tire. Of course it was a 13" tire to boot!

thanks genlee 1970 for saying what was on my mind for many years. I bought a '72 Scamp from Hall's Auto Parts in Scituate R.I. It had power steering, gone, power brakes, gone, A/C,gone, radio, gone. Simply not needed. People are lazy and have no driving skills. My 2000 Durango is an electronic nightmare and is failing apart while looking at it. What a p.o.s. Had a jeep,same thing happened. Can't fix it without a degree in electronix. F.I.Y. you can't go to a dealer today and order a vehicle with options YOU want. Just the options THEY want to sell you. that is not taking care of the customer. Example: A/C now cost $1700 option. Their cost is $200. Auto trans is $1100 option. Their cost $400. 20 air bags do not make you safer. 12 computors in a car do not make your car smarter. It does make the driver more stupid. I could go on forever. Stay safe, stay warm and I'll see you in the spring.

Also drove a 72 duster for a couple of years and the only options were power steering and automatic. It had a rubber rug and even a foot pump for windshield washer fluid lol also had a plane Jane 2 door 1980 Caravelle wish I knew that there was only a couple years of the 2 door.

So we all at least know you've been to the library today:toothy1:

had a 70 duster 340/ and the oil embargo hit where you sat in line 2 hours and limited to 5 gallons, so i bought a 73 vega wagon that run borderline hot all the time, thats about stripped as you can get!

62 Valiant, factory stock has am radio and a heater, other than that it has nothing not essential! /6 manual trans. That's the way I like it!

It took 20 posts for someone to throw something in about the "other" kind of strippers?? People are slipping around here!! Lol

well since you waited, went to a strip club in miami working hurricane andrew, all those strippers there had bigger bellies than boobs, no dollar bills in the g string from me!

62 Valiant, factory stock has am radio and a heater, other than that it has nothing not essential! /6 manual trans. That's the way I like it!

HA! yep... your full sister to my '62 dart, 170, 3 on tree, radio delete! love that sucker!!!!!
I admit to have owned a number of 68-9 runners and bees. 383 4 spd manual everything... those are CARS!!!!!!

-
Back