Whos running a 5.9L Magnum ?

-
Gotta LOVE girlfriends with shops!

Add +1 to your man card.

My wife had a 2.5 CFM very portable compressor, several nail guns and a battery powered compound, sliding miter saw when I met her. She was a finish/cabinet carpenter.

Now she's doing resin/silicone casting which requires a vacuum pot (and pump which is the same as one for AC work) and a pressure pot.

Gotta love a mechanically inclined (even semi-) woman!

I found a 93 5.9L magnum cheap locally I may pick up. Let me here your 5.9L combo.
1973 Dart Swinger, 1998 5.9 magnum, stock short block & heads(120 psi per cylinder),crosswind dual plane, ebay stainless steel long tube headers, electronic dist from JEGS, 625 Holley street demon carb, electric fuel pump, kept all the 98' accessories and serpentine belt, miloden oil pan./ 904 tranny / 8 3/4 with 3:91 gears(which is to much gear)--probably will go to 3:23 gears this spring.--------the car runs great---

1973 Dart Swinger, 1998 5.9 magnum, stock short block & heads(120 psi per cylinder),crosswind dual plane, ebay stainless steel long tube headers, electronic dist from JEGS, 625 Holley street demon carb, electric fuel pump, kept all the 98' accessories and serpentine belt, miloden oil pan./ 904 tranny / 8 3/4 with 3:91 gears(which is to much gear)--probably will go to 3:23 gears this spring.--------the car runs great---
You still running the magnum ac compressor?

You still running the magnum ac compressor?
Yes---had to cut one of the back bolt housing's off the compressor(interference with radiator hose)--also had to bend one of the aluminum Freon lines approximately 180 degrees to make it work with the 73 system(used a map gas burner to heat it, stayed as far away from the rubber hose ends as possible and made the bend as slowly as possible(also wrapped the rubber crimp ends with a wet towel to dissipate any heat from the aluminum tube)----works great

Yes---had to cut one of the back bolt housing's off the compressor(interference with radiator hose)--also had to bend one of the aluminum Freon lines approximately 180 degrees to make it work with the 73 system(used a map gas burner to heat it, stayed as far away from the rubber hose ends as possible and made the bend as slowly as possible(also wrapped the rubber crimp ends with a wet towel to dissipate any heat from the aluminum tube)----works great
Thanks! There’s currently a thread going here in the magnum section about running the magnum compressor with the crosswind intake. If you could post some pics in there that’d be great!

Hi 05. Here is the link to the thread. Anything you can add to it would be greatly appreciated. Especially pictures. Thanks!!

Crosswind air gap clone and ram truck serpentine setup

-
Back