Why the He** doesnt my tranny mount up?

-
It does if you look closely. The centerline for the bolts that go through the mounts and then the 90° bends and into the back of the ears on the block.

I had to look twice to verify it myslef.

i agree. the diagram shows the mounts correctly

You'll have to notice where 1 bolt ear and 2 bolt ears are to determine whats the front and rear of the block.

Attachments

• 273 rh engine mount.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 151
Went out and the brackets are correct....

I know the 340 came out of a challenger if that makes a difference between brackets.

By biscuit I mean the old style rubber mounts.

I'm gonna try the unbolt everything idea and bolt in the crossmemeber then try and get the motor to sit down... Let you guys know what happens.

I'm thinking since the e-body K member and everything else is different, those brackets would be different as well.

I'm thinking since the e-body K member and everything else is different, those brackets would be different as well.

I agree I think you must have the incorrect engine brackets to start with

1. Unbolt everything.
2. Hang motor/tranny by your cherry picker.
3. Bolt the transmission in place, do not fully tighten.
4. Lower the motor down and fiddle with the motor mounts until the motor is sitting correctly; it should be 2.5" closer to passenger side.

It's best to work back to front.

Here's your answer and it got slam overlooked and ignored. Perfect.

Yup i unbolted everything and started at the back and with alot of cussing it finally fell in place.

I'm glad you got it together. I'm still curious as to what the original fault was.
If it was mine I wouldn't be happy until I unbolted the trans mount to see if it was under lateral distress. You did say fell in place and not forced fit with a 6 foot pry bar so...

Yup i unbolted everything and started at the back and with alot of cussing it finally fell in place.
See, you should have asked for better cuss words from the beginning! It would have saved you some time :)

-
Back