Widowmaker and other Heart Problems Club

-
My mother in law always said that when you are young, your elders speak about those "golden years" you will have in the future. Then when that future becomes the present, you realize they lied.

I Dont feel that they lied but as adults we know it’s not going to be all peaches and cream. I’m on year 23 since I lost 1/4 of my heart. Some guys would possibly sit in a chair and cry and moan and some will live life to its fullest. My knees are more of a handicap than my heart but you can’t let it control your life.

I Dont feel that they lied but as adults we know it’s not going to be all peaches and cream. I’m on year 23 since I lost 1/4 of my heart. Some guys would possibly sit in a chair and cry and moan and some will live life to its fullest. My knees are more of a handicap than my heart but you can’t let it control your life.
I do think that maybe the perception of what is "golden" changes as you age. Right now I tell people that when I wake up in the morning and see the ceiling, it is already a good day. 30 years ago it wouldn't have been that. But I know where you are coming from. I lost 15% of my heart in '96 with a heart attack and it has slowed me down but it hasn't stopped me. You always have two choices, swim upriver to see what's there, or quit swimming and float past what you've already seen.

My mother in law always said that when you are young, your elders speak about those "golden years" you will have in the future. Then when that future becomes the present, you realize they lied.
The ‘golden years’ are 16-25

31 years ago at age 40, Full blockage Left posterior artery. 15% of left bottom Heart gone. Next two years I had 96% in Widow Maker but back then they did atherectomy and cleared it. Last one in 92 was 95% (don't remember where ) and another atherectomy.. Not a lick since then until now,I'm negative on the China Virus but they were concerned about my ticker because I have been totally exhausted the last month. Echo showed significantly less function and they suspect a leaky valve. Go in on the 12th to the cath lab so they get a better look. At 71 I'm somewhat worried but not a lot. Medicine is amazing in this day and age. By the way on all three attacks I had normal EKG's...It took Blood Enzyme tests to know.

Just an update on me. April 15th,2022 I had another Blockage in one of the arteries I had cleared years earlier. Took 2 stents this time but I'm still kicking, but have very little stamina now.

Past a certain stage every day you lose a little bit. The harder you fight the smaller a peice you lose. Keep fighting.

ever

Going in for a nuclear stress test monday plus radiation dye, 4-1/2 hours. Been light headed-tired a lot lately

Going in for a nuclear stress test monday plus radiation dye, 4-1/2 hours. Been light headed-tired a lot lately

Good luck with your test and results. If you never had one done before it’s quite a rush and a weird feeling. I’ve done 2 running on a treadmill and 2-3 nuclear tests over the years. My knees won’t let me do the treadmill tests anymore. They should be able to tell you a lot of the test results almost immediately. I’ve had a heart murmur for years from a leaky valve and last time he said I’ll see you in 10 years about that.

Sept 2017 I was in the Houston hospital during Harvey flood waiting for a triple bypass. Thats another story. Doc says they are good for 10 years.

When I was about 25 a drunk hit me head on. Shattered a knee cap and cut the tendons into. They put it all back. Now I have no strength in my knees. I get down and sometimes I can not get up. I guess if the wife didn't pull me up sometimes, I would find a way to do so. Cherry picker???

If I slow down, I'm done.

Good luck with your test and results. If you never had one done before it’s quite a rush and a weird feeling. I’ve done 2 running on a treadmill and 2-3 nuclear tests over the years. My knees won’t let me do the treadmill tests anymore. They should be able to tell you a lot of the test results almost immediately. I’ve had a heart murmur for years from a leaky valve and last time he said I’ll see you in 10 years about that.
One treadmill (8 years ago, found my aneurysm) one nuclear (4 years ago) after my knee operation.

Everything came out great, no blockage and heart had good rhythm.
So next step find out why I have light headedness and tired a lot?

Last edited:
Having a great time in Peoria lately. Between laser eye surgery every 2 weeks and then the shots in my eyes ever 5 weeks to stop the bleeding in my eyes, I'm now getting a heart monitor on December 5th.

I think she’s full of crap. Her story doesn’t add up. Nether does her hysterectomy thread. There are no known genetic markers for ovarian cancer that she claims to have. That, and her other threads on an inheritance on a 440/6 Cúda from a neighbor, her and her husband purchasing a junk yard.

She seems to be a “LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!!!” Person.

None of us heart stent issued people here are on life time anti rejection meds for stents. It’s just not needed.

I think she’s full of crap. Her story doesn’t add up. Nether does her hysterectomy thread. There are no known genetic markers for ovarian cancer that she claims to have. That, and her other threads on an inheritance on a 440/6 Cúda from a neighbor, her and her husband purchasing a junk yard.

She seems to be a “LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!!!” Person.

None of us heart stent issued people here are on life time anti rejection meds for stents. It’s just not needed.
I thought the blood thinners were the anti-rejection medicines. Because the stint is a foreign object in your bloodstream your body wants to reject it.

I thought the blood thinners were the anti-rejection medicines. Because the stint is a foreign object in your bloodstream your body wants to reject it.
Negative Sir! Blood thinners are just that. The low dose aspirin is called a blood thinner but it is actually not the only thing it does. The Asprin inside the body acts as a coating on the blood cells making them slicker.
This is my poor man’s way of explaining it.

Anti rejection meds work in a totally different way and are used for working on the white blood cells so they do not attack the new organ. It tricks the immune system into beileveing the new organ that it’s OK to be there. Like, wile sing the new organ is itself and not foreign. The stent is a foreign to the body item but it is not organic. The bodies reaction to foreign objects depends on what it is made out of. Hence things like Glass or Gold are (mostly) ignored (because some people are actually allergic to Good) but things like wood are acted on and mostly because it is carrying bacteria or germs. As well as being organic.

Stents (and sometimes other things used in surgical replacement parts are) surgical steel. It’s a super clean non inflammatory metal that causes no ill side effects on people. Therefore, no anti rejection meds are needed.

My son in law as a teenager was hit by a car and very seriously injured at the left hip. Fast forward to his 21st birthday, he was in the hospital getting a ball and socket refurbishment. Guess what, no anti rejection meds at all and not ever.

A old school friend had a pancreas and liver transplant.
HE has to as a absolute MUST take anti rejection pills to live.
That’s because the new organs are a foreign organic item that are seen much like as an invader to the body and the white blood cells mass attack like the entirety of the China and Russian Red armies all attacking with the ferocity of meth hyped up WWII German soldiers beating up on the foreign item worse then blood thirsty Viking brutality.

This poster is so full of ****, not only are there eyes and hair brown, so is the toxic bullshit gas coming from there mouth.

Remember Godzilla vs the Smog Monster…. Yes! She makes the Smog Monster that sucks on black belching smoke stack look like Greta.

As a note, most of this I knew when I had my surgery done but yet still checked with the wife since she is a career RN. Checked with my organ transplant freind and my son in law as to make sure I crossed my “T’s” & dotted my “I’s” before I let this post fly into the cyber world.

Edit - Platlets are also inhibited via the asprin so they do try and create a blockage.

Last edited:
Negative Sir! Blood thinners are just that. The low dose aspirin is called a blood thinner but it is actually not the only thing it does. The Asprin inside the body acts as a coating on the blood cells making them slicker.
This is my poor man’s way of explaining it.

Anti rejection meds work in a totally different way and are used for working on the white blood cells so they do not attack the new organ. It tricks the immune system into beileveing the new organ that it’s OK to be there. Like, wile sing the new organ is itself and not foreign. The stent is a foreign to the body item but it is not organic. The bodies reaction to foreign objects depends on what it is made out of. Hence things like Glass or Gold are (mostly) ignored (because some people are actually allergic to Good) but things like wood are acted on and mostly because it is carrying bacteria or germs. As well as being organic.

Stents (and sometimes other things used in surgical replacement parts are) surgical steel. It’s a super clean non inflammatory metal that causes no ill side effects on people. Therefore, no anti rejection meds are needed.

My son in law as a teenager was hit by a car and very seriously injured at the left hip. Fast forward to his 21st birthday, he was in the hospital getting a ball and socket refurbishment. Guess what, no anti rejection meds at all and not ever.

A old school friend had a pancreas and liver transplant.
HE has to as a absolute MUST take anti rejection pills to live.
That’s because the new organs are a foreign organic item that are seen much like as an invader to the body and the white blood cells mass attack like the entirety of the China and Russian Red armies all attacking with the ferocity of meth hyped up WWII German soldiers beating up on the foreign item worse then blood thirsty Viking brutality.

This poster is so full of ****, not only are there eyes and hair brown, so is the toxic bullshit gas coming from there mouth.

Remember Godzilla vs the Smog Monster…. Yes! She makes the Smog Monster that sucks on black belching smoke stack look like Greta.

As a note, most of this I knew when I had my surgery done but yet still checked with the wife since she is a career RN. Checked with my organ transplant freind and my son in law as to make sure I crossed my “T’s” & dotted my “I’s” before I let this post fly into the cyber world.

Edit - Platlets are also inhibited via the asprin so they do try and create a blockage.
Correct I’ve had the lower aorta stent for 7 years I take nothing for it. It’s Titanium

Hey Guys, guess I can join your club now. I was really tired for a few weeks and Dr sent me for a Stress test I failed so then to cath to check blood flow. The widow maker was 99.5% clogged, the cardiologist introduced me to the cardiac surgeon and early the next morning when I woke up they explained that they did 3 bypasses. this happed 2 months ago. chest cavity still hurts when I take deep breaths. The scar just started hurting more. Just started Cardiac Rehab, not so much fun. All was progressing well until they could not keep my heart rate below 90. They tinkered with Metoprolol dose to 100mg twice per day. Go for another flow test for that.
After awhile I hated to hear everyone keep telling me, "Don't worry about it, your getting better" I am but still have odd short term pains. (Is that normal?) Trying to get a diet I can live with has been a challenge since I have complications of type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol too.
At least I'm on this side to the grass/dirt and not under it.
DKamp

Hey! Congrats on a few avenues here!

Surviving the widow maker! Myself as well. Happened to me with a few years left on the job. I’m a lucky man yet again.

Congrats on retirement! Enjoy life! Enjoy to the maximum!

Your high cholesterol is an easy fix but the diabetes is a bad deal.

The best advice I can give you that was also given to me and this goes for anyone else getting to retirement (or just still working towards it)

Exercise, lift weights. You only need a 20lbs bulb bell for most of your exercises. Bench a bit more but not a lot.

Think before you eat. Drink a tall glass of water before your meal and stop before you’re full. (That’s my problem. Someone can cook like nobodies biz around here and it ain’t me!)
Keep busy. Get another hobby, read books, get on the bicycle.

Most importantly!!!!!

Stop making excuses! If you make one, look yourself in the mirror, point your finger at your reflection and say the following words out loud and loudly…

Your full of **** mutha ******, now get your *** in shape and busy because YOU have NOTHING better to do than live as long as you can.

After all, there are a lot of young minds to corrupt and make MoPar men out of them!

Stop wasting time! Get it right and do it at once with vigor.
Don’t be a fat *** couch potato wasting away memorizing lines from TV shows that were on TV When you were a kid.

Carry on!

I probably said it earlier in this post but watch stress in your life. When I had my heart attack in 2000 I had just gone through a divorce, my shop and house were for sale, I was fighting for shared custody of my boys, forced overtime, and the list goes on. Don’t fake smile but learn to laugh and laugh a lot. Walking along the river was my stress remover. I went from 1/2 mile to 4 miles in a matter of weeks. Walking and riding my lawn tractor was my relaxing time. Don’t let the doctors tell you that you can’t do something. Fight for it and do whatever it takes to keep doing it. Good luck and group prayer for all you guys.

Went in for my 10 day checkup. Was informed no more arc welding or plasma cutters or gas powered chain saw or soldering guns.I was told this by a know it all RN. The doctor wasn't around or I would have rung his neck. Had they told me all this prior to putting this defibrillator in I would not have done it. Instead he had told me how much better I was going to feel. I don't feel any different except for the cut in my shoulder an the lump under my skin.

And now every time I get near a tachometer the needle starts jumping up and down like I'm turning 5500 RPM and shifting gears. LOL just kidding

Last edited:
-
Back