winter tires

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
i was getting ready to go to work yesterday
(allready put up the duster about a month ago so i was driving the winterbeater)

i pulled out of my driveway and turned onto the street
as i watched the house across the street disapear in my rear view mirror i realized...i havent put my winter tires on yet :banghead:

Wouldn't the winter beater already be equipted for winter?

you would think so but it didnt officially become the winterbeater untill i bought the duster a few months ago

we actually bought it as a "family car that can be driven all year round in MI" for the wifey because she had to drive 30 miles to work each day so i bought a second set of rims with it, one with summer tires and one with winter tires
(at the time i had a VW passat as my daily driver)

then she got pregnant with our second girl and we traded in my VW for an SUV and she went to having two cars while all i had was my dirtbike

when she bought me the duster this car became my official winter beater...but she is still sporting the summer tires

in case anyone is wondering, here is a picture of her (and my bike)

in the 5 years weve had that charger as a winterbeater only once did i get stuck/not make it out of the driveway

i dug it out, ran her back into the garage and put on my big boy hunting bibs and walked to work :)

By "Winter Tires" are you referring to what we use to call "Snow Tires"? Do they still manufacture Snow tires?

that Charger is a pretty decent ride for a winter beater!

yeah it is, i love the looks i get when i refer to it as my winterbeater
but with the winter tires on it and the AWD it really is unstoppable in the snow

it is an 08 and we bought it in 09 with just over 80K on it and believe we paid 10 grand for it...i doubt you'd find one for that price even now :)

By "Winter Tires" are you referring to what we use to call "Snow Tires"? Do they still manufacture Snow tires?

yeah, those are the ones, snow tires, they have about the same size knobs on them as my dirtbikes :D

Funny here in Victoria it only really snows every couple of years but first light dusting and some of the local Ahats are running studded tires , you can here the steel heads clicking as they drive by until May . I Thought they outlawed the studded ones years ago but apparently you can run anything you want on your vehicle now .

no studded tires for the car but i have a set for 2 of my dirtbikes
nothing like flying over a frozen sheet of ice on a 2 stroke dirtbike

demotivation-posters-auto-337087.jpeg

when she bought me the duster this car became my official winter beater...but she is still sporting the summer tires

I used to drive my yellow 68 Barracuda everyday in MI. It really improved the handling in snow when I put the 8 3/4" 3.23 sure grip. With the highway gear, sure grip, and narrow tires, it went through snow better than a front wheel drive. And they didn't plow the streets in my neighborhood - thanks Detroit....

But that Barracuda would go through that snow with the sure grip and narrow tires. :burnout:

We have customers who run Bridgestone Blizzaks on their rear wheel drive performance cars. I'm not sure how much they help, but they are snow tires.

bs_blizzak_lm60_ci2_l.jpg

We have customers who run Bridgestone Blizzaks on their rear wheel drive performance cars. I'm not sure how much they help, but they are snow tires.

bs_blizzak_lm60_ci2_l.jpg

Those are one of the best snow tires out there!
It's what I put on my parents vehicle on all four corners.

-
Back