Wondering what 1/4 times would be

-

Dhanssen

Reaction score
Hey everyone looking for some info never ran my car at the track looking for some time info so I don't look ridiculous.

67 dart GT 2 door hardtop
Weight approx 3000lbs with fuel and driver
318 with eddy intake, headman headers, and performance exhaust(unknown type), 3.55 gear ratio, 727 torqueflite 3 speed auto, carter afb performance 4 barrel carb.

Any approximate times would be helpful, thank you all.

with the headers, 3.55's and 4bbl, I guess high 14's in that light of car. She better be tuned up to snuff

You didn't say what you have for a cam.....you might break into the high 13's........let us know how you make out.

You didn't say what you have for a cam.....you might break into the high 13's........let us know how you make out.
yeah, I'm assuming stock cam and heads. I agree, a little more cam and some home porting I see 13's too.

I think you're on the wrong forum for tips on how to not look rediculous :poke:
Sounds like you've got the car as light as you can.
assuming you have street tires and assuming one tire fire
15's. That can change to 14's easily. And 13's with a little elbow grease and a llittle $$. 12's a lot of money. 11's a crap load of money. 10's a **** ton of money. (hum, that would make a good t-shirt?)
if you haven't been down the track, watch what people are doing especially how they're staging. Stay calm and don't try and set the world on fire your first pass.
and of course tell us how you did...
oh ya - and HAVE FUN!!!!

Last edited:
Tuning has a ton to do with it....... I've seen when somebody should have been going mid 12's and went 16's. I went 15.9's at 84 mph with a 318 2bbl, auto, 2.94's in a B-body. Your 4bbl, headers, 3.55's and lighter weight is definitely worth a second, should be more. I will stick with my "upper 14's" guess. Good luck

I see that you are in Florida so elevation is close to sea level? This being the case then mid 14s should be easy to do!

Knowing cam would make all the difference......

I went temporally brain dead, thought I read something I didn't, I'll revise my guess to high 14's in the 1/4.

13's could be had with a cam change and a little cylinder head work.....ie up grade to 1.88's and 1.6 valves, shrink the chamber. Cam change could be, pick one:
Comp: Grind# 275DEH, 270H, XE268H
Crane: Grind#: H288-2

Thanks for all the info guys, turns out we switched venues and doing 1/8mile track and the only info I got on the cam when I got the car literally said "mild cam" other than that I have no idea.

I see that you are in Florida so elevation is close to sea level? This being the case then mid 14s should be easy to do!
Yeah pretty much sea level and switched venue to 1/8mile track now so we will see, gonna cut as much weight as possible losing the hood and anything else I can

Which track are you heading to? Lakeland has better prep but a short shutdown. Showtime has a nice shutdown but spotty prep at best. Would be a great little track if the promoter cared. I'd say 8.70 at Showtime and 8.50-8.60 for Lakeland.

Which track are you heading to? Lakeland has better prep but a short shutdown. Showtime has a nice shutdown but spotty prep at best. Would be a great little track if the promoter cared. I'd say 8.70 at Showtime and 8.50-8.60 for Lakeland.
No we are heading to atmore Alabama which isn't far from Pensacola, there is a strip opening up about 20miles down the road at holt but it's opening weekend so they have actual event scheduled

-
Back