Would you hold her purse?

-

fl 71

Reaction score
In another thread the question came up would you hold your wife's/girlfriends purse.
Did not want to hijack the thread but the question remains. Would you, and what was the occasion?
I'll start. Yes I did. We were at the Mecum Action in Kissimmee in Jan. Chrysler had the drifter cars there and she wanted to do the ride along. She did it twice. Will be married 40 years in June. I'm 67. she is 59. Forever young.

Last edited:
Yup. Held the purse, bought tampons, carrying one kid while she's pregnant with another.

...and don't bother me when sparks are flying out of the garage, or I go fishing offshore, or ....

without hesitation - she wouldn't ask if she didn't need my help - anything, anytime, anywhere - - and it works both ways, she lends a hand in the garage if I ask - because she knows I wouldn't ask if I didn't need it.
I vividly remember standing in the women's section of JCP for 15-20min with her purse and the clothes she wasn't allowed to bring into the dressing in my hands.. not a problem

Amen brother - Amen!
So may time couples don't understand its a two way street. Sound like I'm not the only lucky one.
If you marry the right one there is nothing like it. If you marry the wrong one there is nothing like that either.

So may time couples don't understand its a two way street. Sound like I'm not the only lucky one.
If you marry the right one there is nothing like it. If you marry the wrong one there is nothing like that either.
It ain't about finding the right person, it about BEING the right person

It ain't about finding the right person, it about BEING the right person
Understand. We have gone through two rounds of breast cancer and a bilateral mastectomy. She has always been there for me in ways that would be way to long to discuss here.

Any time any where. Just celebrated 38 years last month. Yup, if I ask she'll crawl under the Dart and hold something too.

Karli will just do it.

The car needed plugs. I get home and she's got 'em changed.

MAF took a dump. Got home, she had it changed.

Needs a tire changed? Done.

When she had her Dakota she insisted on going to the junkyard to get the body parts.

The only thing she won't do is climb under the car for oil changes, etc.

I've tryed... my wife will not let me carry her purse ( there's money in it ) he he ! We've been married 27 years and I would do anything she asks of me and she does for me too. Its a 2 way street.

Not even a question!! I do anything and everything for my wife and kids!! I even let em post goofy pics of me if they want!! No, I'm not a goofball, but I did play one on TV!!!

IMG_3313.JPG

Any time, any where, got 30 years in and still going strong.

I've held my wife's and we have only been married coming up on 10yrs, my dad does it for my mom. Like others I don't care, I've bought pads, diapers for the kids and anything else my wife needs, it's called being a good husband, and she has helped me out in the garage a few times not much she usually has the kids and letting me get some work done in the cars, and she has bought me car parts too.

I have in the past and will in the future. But, How many of you liberated husbands have carried your wife's purse through the buffet line at a restaurant? A packed restaurant! Done it! She was taking to long in the bathroom and I was hungry!

Yes and I probably will again. We are going on 33 years( 2nd for us both)and share and do anything for each other. I still open doors for her to this day also...Just comes natural.

We've been married 3 years and I've held my wife's purse and will whenever asked.

Yep,
I go one further, I won't get into it. Even when she tells me to get something out of it.
She could be hiding the secrets of the universe in there, I'll never know.

-
Back