Xcptshnl1: I lost my grandmother this morning

-
I`m sorry to hear about your gramdma, she sounds like a real jewel. It`s odd but it seems that more people pass around this time than any other time of the year. It sounds like your plate`s full, my thoughts are with you during this tough time.

I'm so sorry to hear this Mary. She sounds like a wonderful woman and without her, you wouldn't be here. It seems that we all have something to be thankful for. :)

My prayers have been sent and kudos to you for taking on such a large job. God Bless.

Joe

When I told my baby brother about her saying Papaw was waiting on her he asked me to post this song in tribute to both of our grand parents who are now watching over us. He said, "Papaw always a patient man, Sissy."

And my Papaw always wore Bib overalls like in this video...:glasses9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nir7xvr4NtY

Here is a picture of my Father and his remaining siblings taken this past August at the funeral of his oldest brother, Ronald. He was 80.

Children of Loyd Elmer Butcher, Sr & Bessie Ruth Butcher.jpg
in the front seated are l-r Jean 78 and Virginia 77, Standing l-r My great Aunt Lola 98, My Dad David 64, Janet 67, Sharron 61, Judith 74, Dawn dad's twin sister 64, and Robert 76.

Children of Loyd Elmer Butcher, Sr & Bessie Ruth Butcher.jpg

Sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved grandmother.She looks to have a full and wonderful life.

Remembered Joy

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!
I follow the plan God laid for me.
I saw His face, I heard His call,
I took His hand and left it all...
I could not stay another day,
To love, to laugh, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
And if my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...
Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.
My life's been full, I've savoured much:
Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—
Don't shorten yours with undue grief.
Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,
Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

Not going to say sorry Mary. You and i both know that she is way better off than suffering here on earth. Sounds like she knew where she was headed to be with your grandpaw. 94 is a good long life to be on this earth and to share with all that will partake in her vast wisdom of the years that we all have been unable to be a part of. Sounds like she had her head screwed on right. Learn from what she has taught you and spread the love that she was able to show to others that she loved and cherished.
Small Block

Dreno: Thank you for contributing Remembered Joy...I believe it is an Irish poem. I heard it for the first time last year but I didn't know the name. Those are some comforting words.

Our prayers and condolences for your family. That being said, I pray the Irish wake brings healing and joy.

We often talk about the World War II generation as the greatest generation this country has ever seen. And they were, no question. But who were their parents? Folks like your grandmother, that's who, and they helped shape and mold the greatest generation into what they eventually became!

Condolences and prayers: Give praise to God for her life and for the influence she's had on all of you!

We are sorry for your loss as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.
Joe & Pattie

God Bless You & Mamaw Mary, My father passed the day after Thanksgiving in 2000, and it's still difficult to fully celebrate!

Mary, I'm so sorry to read of your loss. My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family. Try to keep your chin up and remember the good times. Sending a big hug your way <<<<<<<<<<< Mary >>>>>>>>>>>>

Please give me a call if you need a shoulder.

It's always hard to lose a family member even more so at the Holiday time of year. I lost my Dad in 1973 I was 10 yrs old. He was taken from our apartment to the hospital on Christmas Day of 1972 and died 8 days later in the Hospital. I never had a chance to say goodbye. Then 2 yrs later in 1975 I lost my little brother He was only 5 yrs old. He went to the Dr. on a Friday night with flu symptoms and we found him dead in his bed the next morning. Spinal Meningitis. Every member of my family was soon sick and in and out of the Hospital for the next two weeks. I was too sick to go to my brothers funeral. You have certainly been blessed to have had your Grandma for so many years. I never even met my Grandparents, they both had passed before I was born. Remember that they are not really gone, That they have just entered another "room". God Bless You and your family during this difficult time.

TODAY, I GIVE THANKS...
:angel11:
:angel5::angel4:

Thank You All For you kind thoughts and prayers. You have been a blessing to me.

Last night was her wake (the 'viewing'), and this morning at 11 will be her Funeral services. Then the 40 mile drive to the little church out to Strange Creek, West Virginia to The Wallnut Grove Church where Mamaw will be laid to her final rest beside Papaw Loyd. Like I said he was a patient man. He has been waiting for nearly 26 years.

It is snowing here this morning and 26 degrees. Me and the boys are putting on the long-johns and mittens. This cold day has David hurting and staying in bed. He went with me last night, and I thank him for that, but I would not think of dragging him out in the snow with his back and arthritis. I know Mamaw would understand.

"So it's over the river and through the woods,
to Grandmother's house we go,
the horse knows the way
to carry the sleigh
through the deep and winding snow..."

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH FRIENDS LIKE I HAVE HERE ON F A B O .
:angel7: :angel8::angel9:
~Love, Mary

Never any need to say thanks in your situation. God always will bless you with strength and the ones who are hurting and grieving with people who are of a kind heart and strong faith. :angel1::angel10::angel11::angel12::angel9:

Never any need to say thanks in your situation. God always will bless you with strength and the ones who are hurting and grieving with people who are of a kind heart and strong faith. :angel1::angel10::angel11::angel12::angel9:

Very well said.

Mary, I am sorry. I just found this post and want to express our condolences to you and your family on the loss of Mamaw Ruth. It does sound like she was ready to see her mate again. 25 years is a long time for a surviving spouse to live. Her comment of "He was with me last night helping me pack my bags" is surreal.

Great picture you posted of the elders! Bless you for making your grandmother proud by celebrating her life.

I just got back in from a day full of family and friends. The 40 mile drive through real 'Country roads' that up until 10 years ago, weren't even paved. We were passing old farm houses and I was getting to tell the kids,"Your Great-Aunt Ivy McCune once lived in that yellow house up on that hill. When I was 10 I went there... and over there is your Great-Aunt Patsy's farm where I spent all my summers as a child and learned how to ride bareback, and make apple butter." I really got to connect some of the dots of MY past with my kids today.

As we drove further and higher and higher in the hills we drove ABOVE the SNOWLINE. That is when the kids realized why I insisted upon packing heavy sweaters and their winter coats. 3,100 feet the snow sticks to the ground right about this time of year. The grave yard sits right around 4,000. We live at 750 Feet above sea level in South Charleston, my parents in Clay:1,700.

There was snow falling on the roses at Mamaw's grave side. Even though the funeral home went to the trouble of pitching a large tent for everyone to huddle under, it didn't stop the snow from falling sideways. Would you believe, just as the Preacher began reciting the 23rd PSALM, the snow and wind stopped blowing. On that lonely tree barren church yard with it's field of stones, the sun peaked through the clouds for 5 whole minutes. That was just long enough for us to say our goodbyes.

:heart:O:):love5::angel7::love4::angel1::angel11::love7::angel5:

~Mary

This was Mamaw's Most Favorite Song...
Thank you all for your love and support. this is for you:

Yes homecloned :happy10: God bless Mary and the family :angel7:
Mary!! get your self some rest and count all your blessing hun, She was a real trooper and staple to your family.[-o&lt;

Mary, I remember that on the day of my Father's funeral it rained all day and during the burial. Once we all got home to the cabin, the sun came out for about twenty minutes and it was beautiful. I'm at loss of words to describe how I felt other than you must know how it feels.

Joe

-
Back