Ya' want something REALLY GOOD? What local delicacies do you like in your area?

-
where at? Although lots of places in Iowa with tenderloin sandwiches.

last time I was there had a good one in Clear Lake.
That photo was from the internet. There is always a how big can you go contest. This one is from Newtons Cafe here in Waterloo. I never got one. too big. Bring a hungry friend or take some home.

newton-s-paradise-cafe.jpg

I waiting for a Burrito at Corrales in Ventura right now.

It’s in an old Taco Bell building... can you tell?

upload_2021-3-26_17-7-38.jpeg

upload_2021-3-26_17-10-2.jpeg

Last edited:
We also have Maid Rites. It all started here in Iowa. Call them "loose meats" or "Tavern's" if you will. The original recipe was said to have Coke syrup in it. And no you don't ad catsup! LOL

SendMaidRiteHeader_D9A982769C9B6.jpg

We also have Maid Rites. It all started here in Iowa. Call them "loose meats" or "Tavern's" if you will. The original recipe was said to have Coke syrup in it. And no you don't ad catsup! LOL

View attachment 1715714240

I remember those.

I wish they had Happy Joe’s Pizza here.

I love their Hamburger Pizza and Taco Pizza.

Manual El Tepeyac in East LA

one burrito feeds 2-3 people

1. el-tepeyac-cafe.jpg

upload_2021-3-26_17-20-31.jpeg

Man vs Food:

Last edited:
Hawkins Burgers south of Compton in Nickerson gardens is awesome

upload_2021-3-26_17-35-36.jpeg

upload_2021-3-26_17-36-3.jpeg

Chicago Deep Dish??

I thought Giordano's downtown was really good. But just a tourist.

Chicago folks recommend a better place ???

upload_2021-3-26_18-25-58.jpeg

Last edited:
oh man forgot bout tommys in LA!! got to eat there a couple times when i run left cost every week!! thought it was cool as im a tommy too!! there burgers were messy but damn good eating!! never seen or herd of hawkins in south compton, but we tryed to get in to and back outta compton quick as we could!!!!! i do miss the roach coaches, mexican food trucks all over LA area and them big steak burritos!!! all yall talking bout iowa tenderloin, stopped a restaurant in iowa des moines one rainy mourning and ordered a tenderloin biscuit and thay were like, whats tenderloin??? i was like a grilled boneless porkchop! never mind and turned around a walked out,..ended up getting a whooper when i got to davenport!!

logo.png
Ever get stuck in traffic on I-10 in Baton Rouge. (cuz there always seems to be some problem getting over the river??) Don't sit in it. Get downtown and try their sampler, the catfish rémoulade, or the crawfish au gratin. "what u know good?"
Then try the 190 bridge across the Mississippi.

I live in Cincinnati. Here you can ask a lady if she's down for a 3, 4 or 5 way and not get smacked. She may take you up on it.

3way.jpg

This is from Skyline. There are other chili places around town, Gold Star, Empress, Dixie Chili, etc. but Skyline is the best where I'm concerned.
BTW, this isn't Tex-Mex style chili.
If you go in thinking you're getting Tex-Mex, you will very disappointed very fast.
Don't knock it till you try it.

I never knew about Cincinnati chili until I lived there. Good stuff!

A 3 way and a couple of cheese coneys was a regular thing for lunch at the Skyline down the street from work at least once a week...maybe twice!

Oh yeah, and another Cincy favorite...

A Reuben and a German potato cake at Izzy’s.

13BA7193-591F-4D1F-9465-4BD32569370D.jpeg

We also used to get them at Decent Deli in Blue Ash back when they were good...before they went to crap and closed.

up in washington state, oregon back in mid 90s was a steak house chain, black angus or sumptin close to that,..had some of the best steaks i ever ate! ol steak house in amarillo tx called the texas gentleman saloon is the best just dont try the 72oz ribeye!!

That photo was from the internet. There is always a how big can you go contest. This one is from Newtons Cafe here in Waterloo. I never got one. too big. Bring a hungry friend or take some home.

View attachment 1715714238
That reminds me of a story
I was training in KY in @75slant6 's backyard
When I walked into "ma's kitchen"
Thier special on Wednesday was a 12 ounce country fried steak...with all the fixings

Well, I had had a good lunch so I couldn't finish it, but I told the waitress, I'll be back next week

So, I got back the next Wednesday and ordered the 12 Oz country fried stake with all the fixings, corn bread, fries and green beans

She comes back out 15 minutes later with a huge plate with 2 large country fried steaks on there, and she says "hun, we were out of 12s, so I fried you up two 8s

By the end of that meal I could barely lift my fork

DSC_0007 (2).JPG

Many sugar houses actually serve a great breakfast with real syrup during he season. That coincides with the tail end of skiing so give it a go next time you're headed back from Vermont. This is one of the best in Shelburne Falls Massachusetts. They have been shipping about a gallon and a half of this stuff to us a year.

Nothing Local but when I lived in Colorado there was a place that made the Best Krautburgers ever.

I’d say most of the higher end TexMex places here in the valley are pretty good. As a note, my wife and went to Claim Jumper over in Avondale last Saturday. We were heading home after the rat rod show at Lake Pleasent. When I looked at the menu I almost fell over on my chair. $50 for a steak dinner!!!!!! All the other items were sky high. There wasn’t many people eating there for a Saturday evening.

When we were planning a trip to Nashville, I believe @R4Sedan suggested we make the trip down to Monnel’s for their fried chicken and southern hospitality. We did, and man, that chicken was out of this world good. Best thing was you didn’t just get food and go, it’s in an old house on a little side street, you sit in just about any room of the house, depending on the size of your party. No ordering, you get what they bring you, I think Sipsey from Fried Green Tomatoes is the hostess, and it’s just like eating Sunday Supper at her house. It was an experience, not just a meal. Very reasonable too, like $12.95 a piece. We’re still licking our chops over that chicken, even the fried chicken queen, miss Nella has put it at the top of her list as the best fried chicken ever!

I’d say most of the higher end TexMex places here in the valley are pretty good. As a note, my wife and went to Claim Jumper over in Avondale last Saturday. We were heading home after the rat rod show at Lake Pleasent. When I looked at the menu I almost fell over on my chair. $50 for a steak dinner!!!!!! All the other items were sky high. There wasn’t many people eating there for a Saturday evening.

Rudy's BBQ in Chandler :thumbsup:
I think there's another on the Goodyear side of town too.

-
Back