You say a Smart Car is too small for you? Shaq fits!

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The first time I saw a Smart Car I told my wife, "I'm not buying any car I have to wear!"
Well, I'm still not going to buy one. But evidently Shaq can squeeze into one...but his knees are almost up to the top of the steering wheel.

When they first came out, my son saw one here in SoCal that was painted silver with a black stripe down the side. The license plate read, "SHAQSHU".

believe it or not there is a lot of driver and passenger room on those.. i drove one when they first came out.

He shouldda out and beat that dumbass senseless. That wouldda pissed me off.

He could have picked up that whole car and "gently" set it on top of the schmuck with the camera.

Cabin engineering is all over the place.

There is more cabin room in my wife's 2004 hyundai elantra than a new Charger or Challenger!

Therein lies the problem-

I simply can't justify the purchase of any vehicle I don't physically fit in, no matter how much I like they way they might look or perform.

...and if the capability exists to design the cabin of the much smaller hyundai to fit me, why in the world can the engineers elsewhere (come on FCA) NOT??!!??

Reminds me of the scene from the original Police Academy movie where Bubba Smith needs driving lessons and they use a Honda....

define import.. that line isn't so clear these days..
If the profit of the car doesnt stay in the US, its an import
Doesnt matter more of a toyota is made in the US, the a chevy, the profit of the toyota goes to japan, so its an import

My dad purchased one back in 2010, to save fuel and to keep miles off of his truck. He is 6'4 and I am 6'2, so both not very small people. He and I both can fit in the car comfortably, surprisingly.

I sure wouldn’t want to be T-Boned by a Chevy Suburban in one of those things.

define import.. that line isn't so clear these days..
You are so right. Most of the electronics are built off-shore and now they are building our so called domestics off-shore ie: Buick...their one line is built totally in China and absolutely everything built there stamping and all. Brings a new meaning to Chinese Junk. G.M. has slit their throats here specially here in Oshawa where I live and them closing down the plant that's been here for over 100 years and has had bailouts from the government and numerous tax breaks. A of people here are turning their backs on G.M. even the retirees and the dedicated G.M. fans. Looks good on them. CYA!!!

If the profit of the car doesnt stay in the US, its an import
Doesnt matter more of a toyota is made in the US, the a chevy, the profit of the toyota goes to japan, so its an import

So Chrysler fiat is an import.

This always makes me laugh. So a Toyota,Honda,Subaru etc..etc put food on americans table and that's a bad thing. Meanwhile Ford, Chrysler and gm build **** in Mexico and Canada but that's ok.
**** profits are going to some secret account over seas any way.

Last edited:
So Chrysler fiat is an import.

This always makes me laugh. So a Toyota,Honda,Subaru etc..etc put food on americans table and that's a bad thing. Meanwhile Ford, Chrysler and gm build **** in Mexico and Canada but that's ok.
**** profits are going to some se try account over seas any way.
The question posed was not a moral one
I gave you the definition of an import, no more, no less

Well if it's built here how's it imported?

Then again I guess all makes are imported to NJ. Don't know of any being built here. So any car I buy will be an import. :)

Last edited:
-
Back