You should see the other guy. Got rear ended tonight

-

Jhenry70

Reaction score
Well I was riding a high and smiling from ear to ear all day after getting my motor dropped into my Duster this weekend (see my build thread on my signature). That is until I was on my way home from work. Stopped at a red light at a four way intersection, about 3 seconds after a complete stop I hear squealing tires and looked into the rear view just before he slammed into me at about 35-40mph....

I'm ok, a bit sore from the impact and my Titan was still drive able... Can't say the same for the Chevy that hit me. Crumpled that Bowtie like a tin can!

Looks like my attention will be on getting the truck fixed before I get back to the Duster...

Jerry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 316
I wonder why he was going so fast and didn't see you stopped? Could there have been a distraction (ie. cell phone...)

Glad nobody got injured seriously and it's just damage to cars which can be fixed or replaced...

Yeah, I'm ok, just a bit stiff. Time will tell if it wracked me. I had the forethought of letting off the brake right just in time to absorb some of the impact. You couldn't even tell I had damage on the Titan until you got right behind it. Tailgate still functions good too.

I wonder why he was going so fast and didn't see you stopped? Could there have been a distraction (ie. cell phone...)

Glad nobody got injured seriously and it's just damage to cars which can be fixed or replaced...

I'm pretty sure he was... In fairness though this was a real quick light on a main road in town. It only let three cars ahead of me through before it went red. This light is usually green for about 20 or more cars. Probably saw it turn green from a distance back, looked down thinking it would be a long green but didn't look up until realizing it went red so fast. Not defending him, still a dumbass thing to do but I can see it happening.

At least if he was going to hit one of your vehicles.....

No. You're not ok. Your neck hurts. lol

Glad to hear nobody was seriously hurt! I agree that you may experience some long lasting effects from this, hoping that's not the case tho!!!

No. You're not ok. Your neck hurts. lol

Seriously, you can feel injured/sore/have problems later. Please get checked out by a professional and physically take it easy for at least a week. I have heard of guys afterwards that reached down for the paper, fell, and could not get back up, or neck injuries, etc. If you are like many of us, you are not 18 anymore. :)

Glad you didn't get hurt worse. Or worse yet, you had been driving your favorite MOPAR.

When I got rear ended a couple months ago, I felt fine too. Couple days later, I started getting a headache. I never have headaches. Pinched nerve in my neck. Couple of chiropractor visits it was gone. Insurance co. took care of the bill.

I had something similar happen to me. I was stopped for a school bus with the red lights flashing and some idiot ran into the back of my Jeep. His car was trashed and my Jeep only needed a new trailer hitch and bumper cover.

Go get yourself checked out! I didn't have pain right away. Turns out I have a herniated disc in my neck and another in my back. Also an annular tear in my back. There are now bills over $75K for pain management and other treatments. You want to make sure the other guy's insurance company pays any medical bills in addition to fixing your truck.

These guys are right it would be wise to get checked out. An extreme example; my Sargent was out at a wreck like yours and the guy who got rear ended was standing and talking, he turned his head to look at something and dropped dead. Had a broken neck and couldn't tell.

These guys are right it would be wise to get checked out. An extreme example; my Sargent was out at a wreck like yours and the guy who got rear ended was standing and talking, he turned his head to look at something and dropped dead. Had a broken neck and couldn't tell.

Whoa.........

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yes, I'm feeling it in my shoulder blades this morning. I'm no stranger to back pain, had a ruptured disc and a fractured vertebrae when I was 19 so I'm pretty in tune with my back... You learn to live with the pain, but when a new pain comes around you know it for sure! Taking the day off to rest and more than likely go get checked out later this afternoon.

ALWAYS, go to the Doctor after any accident 999 is right you could have a fractured vertebrae or other internal injury and not know it right away. You should have called an ambulance and gone to the hospital, not only does it help you make sure your safe and healthy, but also helps you against the insurance company.

-
Back