Your First Car

-
My first car was a 318 67 Belvedere II convertible I bought for $425.00 in 1976. My second car was a 318 67 Coronet 440 convertible I bought for $650.00. Had them both in high school and alternated which one I would drive to school. Then, first year in college, I sold the Belvedere for $850.00 and bought a 318 68 Barracuda convertible for $1200.00, my first A-body. Have never been without at least one 67 or 68 model Mopar ever since. My white 68 318 fastback I bought in 1985, and have had it the longest.

My first is the one I still have. 1974 Duster 360. Got it from the original owner who had bought it when he was 17.

My first car was a 72 Barracuda. 318/904/ 8 3/4 2:76. I got her for $200.00 back in 1988. My friends and I managed to drop in a rebuilt 318 with a 280 .474 purpleshaft cam, Holley carb, looser converter, 3:55s, a dozen or so cans of Gray primer and used Keystone Klassics. I had a blast but foolishly wound up trading it for a 66 Belvidere to some guy. Last I saw it it was for sale at Englishtown Swap meet around 10-15 years ago. Wish I still had it today.

Don't shot me please, 1968 SS 396 Chevelle in 1972. Stupid teenager and ruined it by jacking it up and putting on these big tires and a way tooo big cam. I didn't keep it long, sold it and bought a 69 Swinger 340 which I had at graduation. Pretty much since then I have always had a Dart or two or three.

learned to drive in a 70 gold duster w/ a slant six. my first car was a 78 dodge truck my second was a 63 belvedere.

I took my road test in `75 driving my Father's 318-powered `69 Coronet 440 4 dr.

Waiting at home was my first car: a `64 Polara 2 dr. hardtop with a Poly 318 - auto.... and oh-my-God what went on with and in that car! =P~
That sounds like my first car. My parents would NOT sign for me to get a car until I finished High School since both of my older brothers quit school shortly after getting their 1st cars to work full time so they could afford them. My 1st car was a dark metallic turquoise 1964 Dodge Polara 500 2dr. ht w/318 poly, bucket seats, at, ps, air console. Bought from Capitol Dodge in Indy (38th & Lafayette Rd.) in May 1970 the week I graduated. Must be something about these 64 Dodges cause if mine could have talked also.....

My first car was a 65 Coronet 6cyl 3 on the tree, given to me by my grandpa (he bought new) when I turned 16, the car was 2 years older than me.
I put a small block, 4-speed with 3.91 gears and ran the crap out of that car.
Totaled that one when I was 18.
My next car was a 71 challenger that I bought for $250.00.
Fixed the challenger up real nice it was even B-5 blue with a blue interior.
I kept the challenger until the late 90's when muscle cars starting bringing mad money.
Should have never sold the challenger.

My first car was a truck, 1959 Chevy Step side, flathead 6, 235. 3 speed on the floor, granny gear! Drove it as a daily driver for ten years. Sold it for 7k.

Attachments

• 1939 & 1954 Cheve.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 188
My first hooptie was a '68 Pontiac Catalina w/400 2bbl my parents bought me for $700. Drove it for about a year before I put it in the ditch one snowy night.

I was a Chevy/Buick/Olds guy for about 20 years but always liked my friend's Mopars ('70 Challenger R/T 440+6, '71 Roadrunner 383, '74 Roadrunner 400, '72 Demon 340, '74 Charger 400). Chevies were my thang, but quick Mopars always seemed like they were a step-up from everyone elses car.

Even though I've owned a '71 & '73 Charger, can't say I was really "into" Mopars until I bought my Duster in '05. Might buy one more toy car before I die, as I've got my eye on a BMW 7 E38.

Here's mine. Bought it in 1979. It was a '76 Charger Sport, 360 2 brl. single exhaust. I Quickly added 4brl intake, thermoquad, dual exhaust w/ "Duster Tips" and 15 x 7 Rallyes. It was a great car, served me all through High School & college and then passed it to my sister to use when she was in Med School. Rolled up 178,000 miles on it before the rust cancer was so bad the leaf spring came through the trunk!! Even as it went to the bone yard it still ran and the transmission was fine. Just had no room and no money at the time.

Wish I had hung onto it. It served partial duty those years with my '69 road runner which I was smart enough to hang onto all these years.

Have to say though, after 30 years of going to the Mopar Nats have never seen another 76 Charger Sport...didn't realize it was relatively unique.

Attachments

• chrgrsprt.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 215
72 Gold Duster, white with alligator skin vinyl top, /6, automatic, air....traded it for a 62 SS Impala 327 , a/c, p/s, painted Imron Refridgerator White. I put an L79 327/350 horse Vette motor in it(that was a great motor from the factory). I found out the first night I put the motor why the factory eventually went to disc brakes, the brakes would fade on the first power stop.

I'm 16, and this is my first car...
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner.
afaw.jpg

I took my road test in `75 driving my Father's 318-powered `69 Coronet 440 4 dr.

Waiting at home was my first car: a `64 Polara 2 dr. hardtop with a Poly 318 - auto.... and oh-my-God what went on with and in that car! =P~

LOL, that was me at the DMV except it was our 67 4 door 318 Coronet 440. I used to beat the crap outta that 2bbl car. Discovered very quickly the trick of shifting from 1st to 2nd by flooring the gas and when the revs were up letting up and flooring it again as the tranny powershifted into 2nd. Was the only way that 318 2bbl would chirp when shifting.

My Father bot the car just as a friend of his (the kids were friends of the family too) also bot a new 67 Mopar. The difference is he got a green charger with a 440 six pack instead. What a cool car! I might have been more interested in the family car if that had been my Dad's route also.

1st car 1965 chevy 2 station wagon paid 236$ for it,buddy had a 70 satilite fell in love with it, he sold it to me and have never looked back!!! best part was the size's of the back seat.... Ha

I took my driving test in my dads 55 Chrysler New Yourker with the 392 Hemi. My first car was a 57 Dodge Cornet which we put in a 56 Desoto Hemi in. I still have the 68 Barracuda I bought new and will get some pictures up some time. I drove Mopars because dad was a Mopar mechanic and parts and labor were cheap (free).

My 1st was a hand me down that my mom gave me . a 70 Coronet 4dr. 318 brownish/bronze color with same interior. Loved that car..until I found a real hottie... I bought 5 months later a 70 B5 Bee w/ Peacock blue BB stripe, 383MAG , Pg 4spd, 391's N96, B5 interior,bench, woodgrain dash,tictok, 15 x 7 rallyes, COUPE. Paid $200.00 with a seized engine from the 2nd owner- all original except the mufflers and tires...LOVED THAT CAR!! SIGH.. outran the police street racing in Harrisburg PA back in 83....good times

u all make me feel like a little twerp of a kid! my first vehicle was a 96 Dakota. my parents bought it for me a few weeks after my 15th birthday in 07. awesome truck, loved it to death. 3.9 v6 auto. 2x4, shortbed, standard cab. pretty much only good for haulin crap to the dumps (which my dad would "borrow it for occasionally"). was a perfect little truck for a new driver, but i made it a tens car in no time...cut out exhaust =p.

unfortunatly i spun it into a tree oct 31st 08. door was only thing damaged but i was embarrased to drive ared truck with a primer door. and i wanted an old school car to cruise in, particularly my uncles 73 charger, bnut that wouldnt happen. i figuredc if i couldnt get the charger yet, id settle for a nice a-body. enter my 70 swinger /6 auto project...technically my 1st "car" since the truck was never in my name, but the dart is mine mine mine! haha

my Dakota
mytruck5.jpg

My Dart
jbnknkjnk.jpg

cool-wise, the darts a major upgrade, but i kinda miss the simplicity of the dakota, ebin EFI, good on gas an with the cutout i got alkot of confused looks. i want to one day go and find the truck an get it back, just for the hell of it!

My First car was a 62 Ford Falcon stationwagon with a straight 6, Rebuilt the motor, then traded it away in 1980 for something else to work on.:angry7:

Strange thing was the trans. 2 speed auto.:toothy10:

Yup, I'm another old gun,

Have had lots of other cars, bikes and trucks.8)

Currently have Ford diesel, Plymouth Caravan (3.3L) and my favorite, Dusty the 72 goldduster /6.

LCjeff

My first car in 1979 was a 66 Barracuda Formula S. Still sitting in my garage.

my first car was a half red and half green 96 plymouth neon lol my parents bought me the car in high school. Then i went to vocational school and used my grant money to upgrade to a 2003 dodge neon. I never really had any interest in cars though till i drove my moms 67 buick special, after blowing it up bec. my dad let me drive it with out telling me the oil light came on and he manually shut it off, i began my search for an old mopar i now have my 74 plymouth duster /6 air car.

my first car was this green chevy cavalier, 2.2 liter 5 speed manual. Slammed on eibachs, little exhaust and tints. Nothing crazy. I love this car and have no intentions of ever getting rid of it. Its not a mopar but sentimental.

Attachments

• phpF1kK3EAM.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 143
-
Back