1650 for a roller 1969 dart
.030 over 440 with trw pistons
200.00 Mopar mushroom tappet cam
350.00 used 850 carb and intake
200.00 (727)
350.00 used J convertor
200.00 fender well headers
150.00 used Isky rockers
10.40’s then 10.20’s after porting the 906 heads.

It was a little cheaper 40 years ago.
LOL.. Dart had the 440 and the rear end in already? 40 yrs makes a small difference..
:lol:

3CFEADCF-4209-43E9-A314-75F9945263D3.jpeg

But WAIT!!!! Adjusted for 40 years of inflation, you didn't go 10's on 5k in todays money :D :D :D

When I went to look at that car he wasn’t there and his wife told me 1600.00 or 1650.00 with a new big block oil pump, pickup, and moroso oil pan. I bought it that day. New 14-32 slicks, 4.88 Dana, spool, and axles, four centerline wheels. 3 miles from my house.

When I went to look at that car he wasn’t there and his wife told me 1600.00 or 1650.00 with a new big block oil pump, pickup, and moroso oil pan. I bought it that day. New 14-32 slicks, 4.88 Dana, spool, and axles, four centerline wheels. 3 miles from my house.
She was mad at him that day.. :D :D :D I still want the inflation adjusted price of all that...

She was mad at him that day.. :D :D :D I still want the inflation adjusted price of all that...

He was a 19-30 year old with a plan, and it worked. He sold me the dart and he sold s truck he had. He moved from Pa to Florida and opened a pizza business. Then he opened a second shop and then started franchises. I ran into him years later at a local bar when he came back to visit his parents. By then he was back into some class racing. As far as costs the engine part of that build could be done again rather cheaply. Trw pistons still come up used once in awhile and it had a stock crank, 906 heads, and stock rods with upgraded bolts.

Things are moving pretty quickly for us with the small block stuff at this point. Looks like the 5.9 magnum will be assembled ahead of schedule. Have a few parts coming in, and the rest I already have. I've had good luck selling things too. I'm not a big "horsepower guesser", but this should be a ok runner for the two nickels and one dime we spent.

Things are moving pretty quickly for us with the small block stuff at this point. Looks like the 5.9 magnum will be assembled ahead of schedule. Have a few parts coming in, and the rest I already have. I've had good luck selling things too. I'm not a big "horsepower guesser", but this should be a ok runner for the two nickels and one dime we spent.
package today....

DSCN2710.JPG

Take the one you want to be faster the next time after the first time at the track. :D

Little over a month away :D :D :D Don't know if I should run the van, the Duster, or make a pass in the Drag Truck. No matter what, it will be fun!
Use the drag truck to pull a borrowed trailer with 360willrun and even more fun. Race them both. 2 tech cards but only spend on gas once.:lol:

As of March 16, Cordova Dragway was still planning to be open in April 11 for TnT. Now that the governor has issued us to be quarantined except for gas stations, grocery stores, pharmacy, hospital, and work, LOL, we'll see what Cordova announces next. I don't want to have to use my stop watch! LOL :D

You also do see we're doing tens on 5K in a certain amount of time brings a certain amount of interest? Like if the title said I plan on doing 10's for 5K and it may take 14 years that it could lose a little of its luster LOL...

Absolutely not one worries on my part LOL... I may be getting this wrong but this entire thread seems to hinge on the budget...
Going 10's isn't the challenge, anyone can do that. Trying to do it on 5k is the challenge. So yes, the budget. But we won't worry if it takes 5300.

You also do see we're doing tens on 5K in a certain amount of time brings a certain amount of interest? Like if the title said I plan on doing 10's for 5K and it may take 14 years that it could lose a little of its luster LOL...
It's going much faster time-wise than I figured. But, it's no hurry. You can't budget shop and expect to be done in 2 months... LOL.

-
Back