1964 Dart Grüne Hölle Road Course/Track Day/AutoX Project

-
Thanks, Glad you enjoyed it, Yes the next build should be injected. starting off TBI, then going to ITB's - Port injection as time and $ allow.
About to put a Holley Super Sniper kit on my 340…I’ll report back how it goes

1/5/23:

Making a bit more progress before it goes to the Machine Shop:
52608356946_c5d476039a_c.jpg

52607853772_cbfca7c36e_c.jpg

Broke out all of the porting tools..
52608775690_74d6d00537_c.jpg

52607853807_876e410504_c.jpg

Cleaned up and checked Stock Oil Pump with pressure relief valve set / shimmed to my liking.
Which stock one? The 5/8" or 7/8" rotor? Inquirin minds wanna know. lol

About to put a Holley Super Sniper kit on my 340…I’ll report back how it goes
Sounds Good, Eventually I want to Have a Megasquirt III Running Full sequential on ITB's but I have to $ave up some More ca$h for that. Hopefully this summer I can get the MSIII running a single 4 Bbl TBI setup. I contemplated having Gill Welding medifying the current manifold for MPEFI, but I feel my money would be misplaced as I should just go straight from the TBI to the ITB intake and DCOE TB's with Injectors :)

I have a bunch of parts to make the EFI Happen, (MSII Box, In tank fuel pump module Fitech Throttlebody with injectors, just need some input sensors and, relay board, wiring and triggers etc. and then time to do the install and swap.

Sounds Good, Eventually I want to Have a Megasquirt III Running Full sequential on ITB's but I have to $ave up some More ca$h for that. Hopefully this summer I can get the MSIII running a single 4 Bbl TBI setup. I contemplated having Gill Welding medifying the current manifold for MPEFI, but I feel my money would be misplaced as I should just go straight from the TBI to the ITB intake and DCOE TB's with Injectors :)

I have a bunch of parts to make the EFI Happen, (MSII Box, In tank fuel pump module Fitech Throttlebody with injectors, just need some input sensors and, relay board, wiring and triggers etc. and then time to do the install and swap.
Have you seen this one?

Probably the small rotor - No Need to create excessive load on the crappy Cam / Oil pump gear interface.
Did you see my oiling mod to my latest engine build? I put a piston squirter aimed right at the cam and oil pump gears.

@RustyRatRod
Did not see your oiling mod, but thanks for sharing, it Looks good. I might hafta Try that. What is the application for the piston squirter / Part# ?

No I have never heard of mcgee racing, But Thanks for sharing. Those parts are a bit rich for my budget right now...I already have 3 of the DCOE Clifford manifolds and Most of the other requite EFI parts - I just need about $1200 for the DCOE Throttle Bodies and injectors.

@RustyRatRod
Did not see your oiling mod, but thanks for sharing, it Looks good. I might hafta Try that. What is the application for the piston squirter / Part# ?

No I have never heard of mcgee racing, But Thanks for sharing. Those parts are a bit rich for my budget right now...I already have 3 of the DCOE Clifford manifolds and Most of the other requite EFI parts - I just need about $1200 for the DCOE Throttle Bodies and injectors.
It's a Volkswagen part number. Either of these:
06B103154/06B103154D

You have to reshape the squirter tube for your needs and locate it carefully, because it will barely fit next to the camshaft, but it fits.

1/15/23:

Block prep is completed with the tools and abilities I have available to me. Its now off to the machine shop for the final deck truing, boring etc.

Every time I build an engine, I invest a bit more in tools... This time a Scale that reads to 0.1g and a Connecting rod Balancing fixture.
View attachment 1716035182[/url']View attachment 1716035183

Got all of the reciprocating and rotating weights matched to within 1g, and will be sending that information along with the Crankshaft to the Machine shop soon to be balanced.
View attachment 1716035184[/url']
52627779057_aa951e5fb7_c.jpg
[/img][/URL]

View attachment 1716035185

Sorry, Dont know why there are so many photos of the same thing in the above post.
user operator error I guess.

2/3/23:

Oregon Cam Grinding Called.

My Order of 3 Camshafts is done and was shipped out yesterday.
Just now waiting on the local Machine Shop, for the Block and Crank work which may take a bit longer. Also Dropped of the machine shop content 2 weeks later than the Cams so ~ 4 weeks turnaround for the 3 cams and 24 Lifters to be reground was good for me.

2/3/23:

Oregon Cam Grinding Called.

My Order of 3 Camshafts is done and was shipped out yesterday.
Just now waiting on the local Machine Shop, for the Block and Crank work which may take a bit longer. Also Dropped of the machine shop content 2 weeks later than the Cams so ~ 4 weeks turnaround for the 3 cams and 24 Lifters to be reground was good for me.
Which grinds did you get? I'm fixin to get #549 for my next engine, but ground on a 106.

3 of the same. I have to look at my notes. they are different lobes on the cam that I have from my buddy. I really like it for a stockish bottom end with a good sized head.
I can never remember all of those numbers with out having them in front of me plus my dyslexia will probably mix something up.

3 of the same. I have to look at my notes. they are different lobes on the cam that I have from my buddy. I really like it for a stockish bottom end with a good sized head.
I can never remember all of those numbers with out having them in front of me plus my dyslexia will probably mix something up.
Well, we have another thing in common besides slant sixes. I have dyslexia too.

One time on the ruster engine I timed the cam for the # 1 Exhaust valve instead of intake. - one mix up I was not happy about.

One time on the ruster engine I timed the cam for the # 1 Exhaust valve instead of intake. - one mix up I was not happy about.
I've made similar mistakes. A lot. lol That's why I've learned to double and triple check.

Rob, Here are the Cam Specs - I have had 3 of these made - it's the same as what is in the car now. My Friend Lou had specified this cam and I think it's Great for a 9.5-10.5 CR engine.
OCG Lobe #'s
Intake Lobe = #1628 / Exhaust Lobe = #1920
LSA = 106°
Intake Center line = 102°

Here it is in Chart Data Form.
Lobe 1628 – intlobe 1920 – exh106 LSAintake centerline at 102
Int dur 276Exh dur 273Int dur@0.050 244Exh dur@0.050 236Lobe sep 106Int lift 0.483Exh lift 0.473

-
Back