1965 Dodge Dart 270 wagon

-
Car looks fantastic! keep the good work up!
As for that Voyager,take good care of it,its probably just as rare as the dart wagon by now,not a whole lot of them left(not sure if thats a good thing or not).

Yesterday a new Goodyear Power Cushion show up from a garage sale in Michigan. Will work great as a spare tire!

On something like a rim and tire, do you ship with other large/heavy parts in a container? That tire would be very heavy to ship by FedEx/UPS, etc,

On something like a rim and tire, do you ship with other large/heavy parts in a container? That tire would be very heavy to ship by FedEx/UPS, etc,
I have a friend of mine bringing 40' containers from Los Angeles to Sweden with cars and parts. I'll try to sneek in there!!
But usually USPS from where ever to Los Angeles.

Have you received the box with the trim, exhaust pipe and licence plates I sent to them for inclusion on one of the containers? I see it was delivered to them some time ago!

Have you received the box with the trim, exhaust pipe and licence plates I sent to them for inclusion on one of the containers? I see it was delivered to them some time ago!
Yes, everything showed up in great condition. I should have it around New Years eve!

So today the steering wheel got some attention. My friend Johan has performed some awesome jobs on steering wheels and showed me the procedure.

After lots of sanding it was shot in ruby red. Looks awesome!

DSC_2200.JPG

DSC_2202.JPG

Finally the steering wheel is completed. Polished horn ring, NOS horn button switch and I even found an NOS horn button!!

DSC_2204.JPG

This morning I woke up my brother to assist me with the steering column.

It's always a little tricky when you have the shifting cables and the selector rubber boot thing to handle. But this time it fitted like a glove!

DSC_2209.JPG

DSC_2207.JPG

I attached the floor plare around the steering column as well as the wiring. Even mounted the speaker I bought at Carlisle this year.

When I de-assembled the a/c system the rubber hose connection kept those pins(not sure what they are called) from the switch.

Anyway my question is if any FABO member has removed the broken pins from the rubber hose connection. Any ideas?

DSC_2214.JPG

DSC_2215.JPG

With a screw tap which I borrowed from Johan I was able to get out the vacuum hose connections from the vacuum hose socket. I used a screw tap M1,7 which is tiny. But now finally the plug is in place!

DSC_2224.JPG

DSC_2225.JPG

DSC_2223.JPG

Today was a 4 hour scrubbing and polishing the quarter glass as well as the weatherstripping. Will work great on Tuesday!

DSC_2247.JPG

Finally the headliner is in place. Mattias who did the work said it was his last mouting of headliners. He has done more then 600 off them and his last was a wagon. First time out!!

Looks awesome!

DSC_2248.JPG

DSC_2251.JPG

DSC_2249.JPG

This was the last tuff part to mount on the body. The quarter glass! The weatherstrip for the quarter glass wasn't the softest material. Reminded more of an icehockey puck!

We tried with a rope but gave up. Then we added the weatherstripping in the opening and added the glass. Started with rear lower part and the moved around it. I must admit I was scared when we hammered the glass around with our bare hands!

Tomorrow the locking strip will be added! Nos one thanks to to Keith(66340SEDAN)

The left quarter glass locking strip is in place. Now I just need to figure out where to found another one! I think it's just abody wagons who has it. Not sure about Barracuda is the same on it's rear glass?

Since it's Christmas soon I thought I should clean the car for the first time. Santa might take it and leave the rain deers!

Merry Christmas FABO members worldwide!

DSC_2257.JPG

DSC_2256.JPG

Today was a day to do some small stuff. Making a hole in the headliner is a little scary. This time I left the screws holding the dome lamp. That made it easier to figure out where to cut a hole before connecting everything.
Same with the rearview mirror. When I did the cleaning on the mirror, should the base be silver painted or was it chrome?

The small covers on C and D-pillar post is in place too. To make the "soft" rubber weatherstrip partly cover these tiny covers was not easy. Wonder if these ones ever will be repopped?

DSC_2261.JPG

DSC_2259.JPG

DSC_2260.JPG

As a day off today I was able to do all those small things that actually adds up some work.
Cleaning sun visors, restoring a/c outlet, mounting sun visors and the coat hooks. I tested the wiring system too and everything works.
Last thing I did was to add the air condition decal in the right rear quarter window!

DSC_2267.JPG

-
Back