1966 Valiant Sedan V8 Swap (Victoria)

-
Had some troubles with the pro B&M shifter, it seems to be very tight, length of the solid part of the cable down near the transmission mounting bracket for 904 trans is up against my starter cup in the transmission, I moved it around to the driver's side and now it seems to be able to find all 3 forward gears, and neutral to reverse lock out is working correctly, even goes into park. It has been a struggle under Victoria's V8 belly :lol: kick down is complete and working good as well.
Setting in the waiting room of my Arthur doctor, looking back on this work, making my own kick down braket, to figuring out this shifter sure wracked my brain.

20230211_130424.jpg

20230207_130526.jpg

Its the small things that count, and take time to engineer mounting strategies.
Plumbing starts this weekend, I must say I am happy with location and mounting hardware I cut from two paint gun wrenches, got to be creative.

20230228_131147.jpg

20230228_134003.jpg

20230228_145355.jpg

20230228_182553.jpg

Look great Mike!
Thank you, cutting, drilling, filling and welding that brace across the two hangers to stable everything, but it is my creation :lol: and will now be a part of this build on the hill. Ashamed to even say how long it took from start to Finnish not counting paint dry time.

Rear brakes are plumbed in, master front is in, now got to go in town for a couple fittings..

20230305_125148.jpg

20230305_125213.jpg

Looks great Mike. Love the bracket work.

Any concerns about vibration on that straight shot and 90 degree bend at the firewall?

View attachment 1716059800
Well, had a guy/friend that builds, and I borrowed his nice tubing flair tool, took those lines to his shop and flaired them, I will keep an eye on it but he said not off the valve, but just between the master cylinder to the valve is the area to be concerned with, that lines is 5 ft long with 5 bends in it, , plenty of line flex (if it does) between there and down to my first fitting. Thanks , I wondered to and he said naw, I am good. He has 5 or six builds still on the road, two daily drivers unibody, everything has held up, I hope to get it on the road and testing in April, maybe rubber mounts under my valve.. we will see.

Well, had a guy/friend that builds, and I borrowed his nice tubing flair tool, took those lines to his shop and flaired them, I will keep an eye on it but he said not off the valve, but just between the master cylinder to the valve is the area to be concerned with, that lines is 5 ft long with 5 bends in it, , plenty of line flex (if it does) between there and down to my first fitting. Thanks , I wondered to and he said naw, I am good. He has 5 or six builds still on the road, two daily drivers unibody, everything has held up, I hope to get it on the road and testing in April, maybe rubber mounts under my valve.. we will see.

Very cool.... Thanks

The bends look great!

Your getting close. I'm hopeful on mine for April or May but way others that do work for me slow me down hell who knows! Looking good great job on the lines.

Your getting close. I'm hopeful on mine for April or May but way others that do work for me slow me down hell who knows! Looking good great job on the lines.
Thank you and good luck :thumbsup:

You need to stop this crappin around and get with it. I expect a ride sometime before I'm dead. Chop chop Hop Sing. LOL

You need to stop this crappin around and get with it. I expect a ride sometime before I'm dead. Chop chop Hop Sing. LOL
:lol:keep you shoe's on, hope to be driving it out of the shop and down the road this month my friend/brother, got to take time to go treasure hunting :thankyou:

20221108_142331.jpg

Looking at landing the hood on very soon, looks like this breather will make the first drive out of the shop, not sure what it came off of, or how to date it, believe it came off a 440 Ramcharger I have hung onto for 25+ years.

20230310_173243.jpg

20230310_173026.jpg

I should have let it warm up, wife got me in a hurry, had to put drivers seat back in, didn't want to use a creative box.
She started warming up towards the end of the video, no choke hooked up.

Get her broke in and then take that cruise with your beloved lost brother.

I sure do understand, getting there RustyRatRod, now to put fender, passenger side grill and light, I hope everything fits under the hood, new video above

Get her broke in and then take that cruise with your beloved lost brother.
I broke the engine in about 18 years ago in my truck, drove 3.300 miles on it (new 904 heavy stack truck trans and 350 hp 360 ) from 100 hp to 350 on a new disk brake front-end and 8 1/4 sure grip 2.78 gears. Drive her everywhere I hope

Sounds really good, Mike! I know you're proud!
Thank you brother, and yes, I am very proud, it took over 7 years but loosing 3 brothers during those 7 years took it out of me, I am sure they are proud that I never gave up and threw in the towel. Its members like you that kept me going. Soon I will have to locate the same wheels I had on her 7 years ago in the last picture, nothing else will make me happy.

20230905_163408.jpg

Screenshot_20230905-071331_Facebook.jpg

FB_IMG_1693662917718.jpg

-
Back