1967 Cuda FB project

-
Got some pics taken. Got the dr side floor in and all welded up.
View attachment WP_20141214_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20141214_002.jpg

Started clamping and welding the pass side and the welder ran out of wire. :protest:
View attachment WP_20141214_003.jpg
View attachment WP_20141214_006.jpg

So, I cleaned up my patched together dash pad and sprayed some chip guard on it to give it some texture. Waiting for that to dry and I will spray some paint on it and see what it looks like. I think it will pass for now. A cheap fix worth trying I think. We will find out how it lasts. lol
View attachment WP_20141214_007.jpg
View attachment WP_20141214_008.jpg

Put some paint on the dash pad. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised how it turned out. It is not pattern correct for a dash pad but it looks pretty damn good for what I started with. I used a satin black but it's still a little too glossy for me. Hoping that drying time will dull it a little. Remember, I narrowed this pad 3" to fit the Cuda dash location. Now I just have to finish the rest of the parts!:blob:
View attachment WP_20141214_015.jpg

View attachment WP_20141214_014.jpg

View attachment WP_20141214_013.jpg

View attachment WP_20141214_009.jpg

View attachment WP_20141214_010.jpg

View attachment WP_20141214_011.jpg

I love the idea of using the chip guard to achieve a textured finish. I wish I'd have thought of that years ago when we tried to repair a crack in a dash pad on another car.

We had to shuffle some cars around from the pole barn to the shop. Here's the wifes RR.
I was doin donuts in the snow. WOOO HOO!!! Haven't done that in about 25 years with a muscle car. Forgot how much fun they were in the winter. lol
View attachment 1714776524

View attachment 1714776525

440 4 speed, fun car.

FUN IN THE SNOW??? :wack: I got the shivers just thinking about it.

Finished welding the side trunk panel in. Still need to grind the welds down tho.
View attachment 1714776518
View attachment 1714776519

Realized that Plymouth made a notch where the tail pipe exits the back. Well, that has to go. Got the cutoff wheel out and made a patch.
View attachment 1714776520
View attachment 1714776521

Need to pick up some sheet aluminum or some 18 gauge sheet metal to fab up a gas tank. Can't decide which way I want to go.
Im going to cut that notch out and do both sides then get some 70 ish? challenger exhaust tips, the big square ones and recess em up in the rear valance, much like factory ones, not yet decided how this will look but its at the top of the totem pole on exhaust exits.

Hey whats all that white stuff on the ground around the RR? We don't see any of that stuff down here LOL.

We had to shuffle some cars around from the pole barn to the shop. Here's the wifes RR.
I was doin donuts in the snow. WOOO HOO!!! Haven't done that in about 25 years with a muscle car. Forgot how much fun they were in the winter. lol
View attachment 1714776524

View attachment 1714776525

440 4 speed, fun car.

Sprint car/ midget , experience ? Lol. Curious ,what product you used for the dash shell ? Looking to do something similar, in interior sections.

Sprint car/ midget , experience ? Lol. Curious ,what product you used for the dash shell ? Looking to do something similar, in interior sections.

The dash shell is the factory dash from a 73 Charger. I just took 3" out of the center and used some plastic repair stuff to seal the seam. Sanded it down and shot some chip guard on it. Then painted over the chip guard. Looks kinda like the cheesy plastic overlays that some places make for dashes but not quite. It will do for this project for now.:prayer:

Yesterday I fabbed up a piece to finish off the brace for the front spring hanger. Fit in there pretty good.
View attachment WP_20141218_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20141218_002.jpg
View attachment WP_20141218_003.jpg
Then, as I stood back and looked at the rear quarter I noticed a bump where the outside bumper bracket bolts to the quarter. Well, since I am either going bumper less or molding it in, the bump has to go. I still have to weld up the hole.
View attachment WP_20141219_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20141219_002.jpg
View attachment WP_20141219_003.jpg
View attachment WP_20141219_004.jpg

With all this fab work I think you should have started out with nothing more than a picture of the car, a pile of tin, and a ball-peen hammer. LOL. - Looking good.

do you have those outer bumper bracket pieces your eliminating i could sure use a set for my rig front and rears

I am sure I have them somewhere in a box or still bolted to the bumpers. I will check, keep reminding me. lol :cheers:

The dash top will need to be close to a flat finish. Otherwise it will reflect to the windshield obstructing view. I learned this when painting one of those hard shell cover caps many years ago.

The dash top will need to be close to a flat finish. Otherwise it will reflect to the windshield obstructing view. I learned this when painting one of those hard shell cover caps many years ago.

Yes, I know. The paint was supposed to be satin but it came out more shiny than I wanted. Must of had something to do with the chip guard base, that was pretty shiny. I will dust over it with some flat to tone it down a bit. :cheers:

Attachments

• WP_20141220_001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 352
Deleted the bottom pic, still shows up. wtf?

LOL! I used to have trouble getting rid of pics I had uploaded too. The trick is that when you go back and edit your post you need to click on the paperclip icon and get to the screen for uploading. Once there you have the option to remove each and any of the pics that were already posted.

-
Back