1967 Cuda FB project

-
It was finally nice out today. I was able to sandblast the k-frame and the rear housing. Now I can powder coat them. Next, blast the bottom of car!!! :cheers:

It was finally nice out today. I was able to sandblast the k-frame and the rear housing. Now I can powder coat them. Next, blast the bottom of car!!! :cheers:

Just an FYI. for John. This is ANOTHER update!!
Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm happy the weather broke your way today. I'm itchin to see how it comes out from the blaster. Hopefully it won't look like my old grany's coffee table doylies.
:happy1::happy1::coffee2::coffee2::happy1::coffee2:

Just an FYI. for John. This is ANOTHER update!!
Wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm happy the weather broke your way today. I'm itchin to see how it comes out from the blaster. Hopefully it won't look like my old grany's coffee table doylies.
:happy1::happy1::coffee2::coffee2::happy1::coffee2:

John: THIS IS AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The body is really solid. Even where they missed the underbody paint and undercoating, very little surface rust. :prayer: I probably shouldn't have modded this car like this but, it was a /6 bench seat granny car. Besides, I can't help myself. lol :blob:

The body is really solid. Even where they missed the underbody paint and undercoating, very little surface rust. :prayer: I probably shouldn't have modded this car like this but, it was a /6 bench seat granny car. Besides, I can't help myself. lol :blob:
I wouldn't look back with any regrets SNKEBIT. There are so many of these really cool old Mopars that would never get restored or even see the light of day again if guys like you weren't turning them into something even cooler than what the factory had in mind when they originally produced them. I like to see cars that are restored but the WOW factor goes way up when you see some of them modded. I doubt there'd be near as much interest in many models if it wasn't for a bit of 'hotrodding'.

I wouldn't look back with any regrets SNKEBIT. There are so many of these really cool old Mopars that would never get restored or even see the light of day again if guys like you weren't turning them into something even cooler than what the factory had in mind when they originally produced them. I like to see cars that are restored but the WOW factor goes way up when you see some of them modded. I doubt there'd be near as much interest in many models if it wasn't for a bit of 'hotrodding'.

Just gonna give it a little touch of the 21st century. :glasses7:

Just gonna give it a little touch of the 21st century. :glasses7:

I second John's comments 100%
Think of it as your autograph on the car for future car guys or gals to admire long after your done with it.
So far, I absolutely love the changes you've made.
Mod's are what keeps this hobbie alive and the next generation motivated. Hell, it sure keeps me motivated.
:happy1::happy1::happy1::drinkers::drinkers:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Appreciate that a lot. Haven't been able to do as much as I want lately with other things getting in the way.
This morning I did bake the rear housing for a couple hours to cook some of the oil from the pores of the metal in prep for coating. Hopefully get that done in the morning. :D

Got some stuff powder coated today!! :blob: Was going to do these pieces black but decided since the bottom of car was going to be black, these parts could contrast. :D The shocks, etc. stuff will be whatever color they come as so there will be some different colors also.
View attachment WP_20150428_006.jpg

View attachment WP_20150428_004.jpg

View attachment WP_20150428_005.jpg

Now to blast bottom of car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, been sayin that for a month! :banghead:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

Those are some good lookin pieces to the puzzle!!!
They look like sweet candies.
Man, I wished that you and John lived close by, I'd love to go cruzin together in our Barracuda's. Tho only issue I can forsee is that you both might leave me in the dust since mine is only sporting the 273. Still it would be a hellofa good time.

Those are some good lookin pieces to the puzzle!!!
They look like sweet candies.
Man, I wished that you and John lived close by, I'd love to go cruzin together in our Barracuda's. Tho only issue I can forsee is that you both might leave me in the dust since mine is only sporting the 273. Still it would be a hellofa good time.

That is the MAJOR suck part of the internet, you meet people that, most cases, you can't meet, face to face, or never will because of distance.

I have to go to Nebraska in June for a Viper meet. I am really trying to work in a visit to John on the way back. (I just want to steal the RR, I could care less about meeting John.)
Did I say that out loud???

:D

That is the MAJOR suck part of the internet, you meet people that, most cases, you can't meet, face to face, or never will because of distance.

I have to go to Nebraska in June for a Viper meet. I am really trying to work in a visit to John on the way back. (I just want to steal the RR, I could care less about meeting John.)

John has good hearing. or is that eyesight? Either way I wouldn't blame you if you had a trailer with you when you get to his neighborhood. L.O.L!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! I think I'm going to the same event! It'll be fun to see you there.

DANG!! I had to turn down the brightness on my monitor when I looked at those suspension pieces. :shock:

Did I say that out loud???:iconbigg:

Ya. Uh Huh. So what is this Viper meet? A car show? A road course event? They used to set up a course in my town for road racing on the bricks.

John has good hearing. or is that eyesight? Either way I wouldn't blame you if you had a trailer with you when you get to his neighborhood. L.O.L!!!!!!!!!!

My hearing sucks. I'm blind without glasses. If SNKEBIT has his Viper on the trailer maybe he'd have to leave it here to make room for the Runner. LOL.

DANG!! I had to turn down the brightness on my monitor when I looked at those suspension pieces. :shock:

Ya. Uh Huh. So what is this Viper meet? A car show? A road course event? They used to set up a course in my town for road racing on the bricks.

Road course event.:burnout:

This was as far as I got today. Had some business to attend to and it took too much time out of my day. :protest:
Took a while to find a 489 case and clean up so I could use for mock up. The 489 has the fine spline pinion in it so I can use the bigger Viper yoke and u-joints. It is a sure grip 2.76 setup!!!! With that ratio and 2 over drive gears in the T-56, I should be able to go really, really, really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :burnout::burnout::burnout: I know, too high. I will be looking for a set of 3.73's I think to swap out. I am going to leave the 2.76's in there just to see what top end will be tho............................... :glasses7:
View attachment WP_20150502_008.jpg

View attachment WP_20150502_007.jpg

View attachment WP_20150502_006.jpg

View attachment WP_20150502_005.jpg

Hopefully, more fabbin' in the a.m.!!!!!!!!!!! :prayer:

Got one bracket welded up. The other one is fitted and needs to be welded. Then the rear section is done!!!!!!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

On to the front!! :burnout:

It is a sure grip 2.76 setup!!!! With that ratio and 2 over drive gears in the T-56, I should be able to go really, really, really fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol I know, too high. I am going to leave the 2.76's in there just to see what top end will be tho..............................

:stop: OFFICER: Do you know you were doing 90 MPH in a 55 zone?

:headbang: YOU: Bu bu but officer, I was just idling!!

-
Back