1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Is that all spring holding the rear that high? thing would look great with like 4" out of the back :)

Yeah I think so, they are the SS springs.
wow that's insane.. i had SS springs on my last challenger and they were a little tall but not like that.. i figured you had the air shocked cranked up

The air shocks would, but if the air is out, then obviously not. Also, your car has some fender trimming, maybe why it seems high. I like it personally
I never added any air. If that air was in there for the last 50 years those are the best built air shocks ever :thumbsup: I

Dropped the fuel tank this morning, no big issues other than a stubborn tank bracket bolt and I had to cut off an air shock fitting bolt. The dual fuel pumps have hard lines, so I disconnected them from both the tank and the pumps to make it easier.

IMG_7662.JPG

IMG_7664.JPG

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7669.JPG

IMG_7674.JPG

I’d like to see that sending unit out of the tank. Are the hard lines brazed on?

At least your FIL knew that air-shocks were not the best shock for the car and made his own brackets AND left the OG brackets there. Now you can use the OG placement. Man I'm loving this thread!!!!

At least your FIL knew that air-shocks were not the best shock for the car and made his own brackets AND left the OG brackets there. Now you can use the OG placement. Man I'm loving this thread!!!!
Thanks! Yes, I am going back to using the original location for the new shock :thumbsup:

Just put the largest 15" tires that fit without rubbing and set the ride height accordingly. If you look at some of the old pics from that era that is the way the cars were set up.

The wheelwells have been raised and flared. Start at post 141 and read forward and you will see the wheelwels in primer and the flares.
I know they have been made larger, that's normal on most darts with large wheels.... look at the roof and the lines of the car... have fun not sliding down the seat while driving :)
BTW.. i'm not picking on the car at all... i just think they look better with the rear down and the tires tucked a bit :)

-
Back