1971 Demon 340/416 727 B5 Blue

-
Looks a lot like an old, old friend

scan0003.jpg

Very nice job! It's a miracle that tree did not come down further and crush it. Doesn't look like your lawn mower fared to well though. It's awesome that you have your fathers car. That's something that I would've liked to have had from my dad. But, he wrapped his Road Runner around a telephone pole. In 1971 he drove it off of the showroom floor. It was his first new car that he ever bought.

Thanks for all the comments. Its funny that people mention the lawnmower looking like its crushed, but I am still using that lawnmower. LOL. Just had a slightly bent wheel.

Is this a great thread or what?
I love it and appreciate the work you have done to get your dad's car back to it's former glory..... plus some!
Keep it up!
Great car with a great history.:cheers:
Keep the pics coming!

Yes, nice story. I'd love to have a family car but unfortunately I wrecked the 70 Dart my grandmother gave me when I was 17. Oh well, it wasn't a 340 Demon anyway. I LOVE that car, basic mirror, basic interior, no b.s. car. Great color combo too. Make your dad proud with that one.

I love it=P~! Love the wheel/tire combo you got going on it. It even sounds damn good!

John

wow! beautiful demon! what is your wheel/tire combo? are those rims small bolt pattern? can't wait to see more progress!

wow! beautiful demon! what is your wheel/tire combo? are those rims small bolt pattern? can't wait to see more progress!

Thanks to all for the compliments.

I converted to large bolt pattern. Wheels are Summit brand. 17x9 rear 5" BS with 275/40 ET Street, 17x8 frt 4.5" BS with 235/45 Cooper Zeon. I would like the rears to come out about a 1/2". Might try some spacers later. Wheels were very reasonably priced and seem to be good quality. I think the whole wheel/tire combo cost me less than $1300.

omg! that is going to be one amazing ride! makes me want to work on mine!

Any more info on the 416 in it? Looks good.

Scat Crank
KB Forged Pistons
Scat Forged Rods with ARP bolts
(Yes, its a budget build!)
Ported/Shaved J-heads 2.02/1.60 (for now)
Around 10.5:1 Comp
Eddy TM5 Tarantula Intake (for now)
Comp Cam 240/246 @ .050" .507/.510 lift, 110º LSA
Double roller timing chain w/tensioner
Kevko 7qt oil pan
Holley 1050 3-barrel (for now)
ARP Head/Main Studs
Holley Red fuel pump
Griffin 27x19x2.25 alum race radiator
Derale electric fan with adj thermo
Summit tranny/oil cooler. Oil yet to be hooked up.
Also have remote tranny filter kit to install.

Can't think of anything else, feel free to ask more questions

The intake and carb were on the car when my dad was running it. Just thought I would try them out for kicks. I know they are not the best.

Plan on a set of Shadydell alum heads in the future and maybe some nitrous, turbo, or blower.

wow love it thats all i can say
i see we should be somewhat close to the same area
fyi
on the 3rd weekend in october there is large car show at wolfcreek state park in coldsprings tx , lots of cars and good people (3 day show)

they have camp sites really nice park

wow love it thats all i can say
i see we should be somewhat close to the same area
fyi
on the 3rd weekend in october there is large car show at wolfcreek state park in coldsprings tx , lots of cars and good people (3 day show)

they have camp sites really nice park

I've been to Coldsprings for a basketball or football game back in my high school days. I am originally from the Woodville/Warren area. You probably know where that is. I'll have to mark my calendar for the show. Thanks.

Just a fun fact for you, that front bumper (as well as the rear) is 38 year old chrome that I just took some never dull to. Its not perfect, but from 10 feet it shines like brand new, as you can tell from the pics. Hard to believe it sat outside under a carport open on 2 sides for about 14 years in the SE Texas humidity.

That's great progress on a car that is obviously very special to you, way to stick with such a large project. Can't wait to see the finished project! Kev

-
Back