1971 Dodge demon 340 4sd, factory roll back top...ever seen one like this?

-

justcuz

Reaction score
71demon1.jpg

sure that one was not a add-on later, or is it on the fender tag/build sheet?

There was one in my area during the early 80's. It ended up in a scrap yard.
I bought the third member (3:91 SG), for scrap value. I paid like $15.00 for it.
The toughest part was climbing the 3-4 stacked cars to get to it.
The top was missing from it, other than that it was still intact, 340 & all.
Probably could have goy the whole car for near to nothing.

Here's a couple of my freinds '72 Demon. I don't remember if his was from factory or dealer added.

Attachments

• IMG_2602.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 932
  • HPIM0306.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 867
Here's a couple of my freinds '72 Demon. I don't remember if his was from factory or dealer added.

Done a little research and found a pic my friends fender tag on his Demon and his canvas sunroof is factory installed.

I didn't know they were dealer installed as well. Who in thier right mind would take a can opener to the roof of a new car like this.
This wasn't like adding a pop-up sunroof, talking major surgery.

They were available as a dealer option as well. They were made by ASC (American Sunroof Corp.) and could be installed through the dealer network if I have been told correctly. I have a 69 Cuda that has one installed. The original owner told me he took it to Johnson Motors (Vancouver, BC) a few months after buying the car, and they had it installed. It uses a crank to lock the front, and has a plexiglass tinted plastic visor along the front.

Grant

sure that one was not a add-on later, or is it on the fender tag/build sheet?

I have owned 3 sunroof Demons over the last 25 years. Two are Super Blue and the 3rd, gold. The code on the fender tag is V3W for white and V3X for black. Yes, this is the same code a B or E would have for a convertible top. I will try to add pics of my current when I have a liitle more time. Thanks. Also, the owner of the Demon with aftermarket wheels gave me pictures of his car back around 2000 @ Carlisle. The orange Demon is from PA and one 1st in class 'A body Dodge 1971-76' from 2002-2005. The yellow Demon at the dealership I have't seen since the 1990 Mopar Nationals. Thanks

JMO If your gonna open the top with a can opener why not just get a vert of I think I forgot there where no verts or were there???

This was my 71 Dodge Demon 340 4 speed,I worked at Alpha Beta grocery store in Los Gatos and one of the stock crew was the original owner.I bought from him in 1978 the top was original not an add on.I sold it in 1987 to current owner.I would sure like to have it back it was a great car.Here is a pic before the centerlines.

0102AC72-29EC-4548-BD3C-5418B56AF456.png

Phill! Welcome aboard and great first post!
This was my 71 Dodge Demon 340 4 speed,I worked at Alpha Beta grocery store in Los Gatos and one of the stock crew was the original owner.I bought from him in 1978 the top was original not an add on.I sold it in 1987 to current owner.I would sure like to have it back it was a great car.Here is a pic before the centerlines.

View attachment 1715204335

-
Back