1971 Scamp limited....

-
Awesome! came together fast..what exhuast you gonna use??

Thanx man. Not 100% sure on the exhaust yet. A buddy just got one from Summit a couple days ago. Looks real good. Gonna see how it fits up and maybe order one up for me. The price is excellent and the quality appears top notch.

Thanx man. Not 100% sure on the exhaust yet. A buddy just got one from Summit a couple days ago. Looks real good. Gonna see how it fits up and maybe order one up for me. The price is excellent and the quality appears top notch.
My buddy Phil, mrtires24 here bought the same setup for his big block Duster..i agree the quality is very good and they have a nice docile idle with an aggressive wide open sound.
Keep up the good work bud. :happy1:

Would you mind posting a link the the Summit exhaust parts you're talking about? They have quite a variety.

Not 100% sure, but I think it was this one.....I will ask him which it was for sure. I am going by the price he paid. But now it looks like it's on sale!
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-680144/overview/make/dodge/year/1974/model/dart

Yes, that's the one i got for my Dart Sport.
It ended up being $244.00 shipped to Montana and i went down there and picked it up.
It took about a week to ship and weighed 73 pounds.
It looks good in the box, we'll see when i put it on in the next few days!

Cool, thanks. I'll be needing something like that. Let us know how it works out and how it sounds.

I love those vintage slotted mags! I have a set on my Furd (below) and I think they look awesome.

Hey, I don't mean to hijack, but 340sFastback: I have the same rear lockup issue you described and I'm wondering if your advice on the master cylinder size are rear wheel cylinder size will work for power brakes too...?

Attachments

• FERD.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 409
This morning I built the crossover lines and installed my front calipers. Thanx to Mike, aka badlilred79, for supplying some of the difficult parts to come across. The only concern I have is whether I got the crossovers low enough that they don't hit the rim when its on.

Attachments

• IMG_0884.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0886.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 346
Yee haw, the brake lines clear. :cheers: Actually I had to adjust one as the stick on balancing weights hit it. Minor bend and good to go. So it's sitting on the front wheels. Don't have shocks yet but just wanted to see it. I pulled the rear drums so I can do the shoes and put in the new wheel cylinders. They don't look to bad but I will have to see if they are turnable.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0888.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0891.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 349
Too funny, you made me go look. They are 245 / 60 / 14. They came on the Demon. They are shot so I really hadn't even paid attention to them. I will have to see if they are feasible to run in this size.

I am jealous your car is coming together great.

Thanx. Now now, no need for jealousy, I am just lucky to have enough spare time right now to get at it. Believe you me, there are plenty here that I envy as well. :prayer:

Looking good, mate - Looks fat with those 245s up front... Makes me rethink the tyres I just ordered...

Thanx, I'm not sure what tires I will be running yet. I do like the fat look though. :grin:

Too funny, you made me go look. They are 245 / 60 / 14. They came on the Demon. They are shot so I really hadn't even paid attention to them. I will have to see if they are feasible to run in this size.

They look great If you determine they work could ya get the specs on the wheel like width and backspace?

Looks awesome George.
What's the next step?

Hey you're alive! Thanx Tom. Hope you got all healed up. Sucks to be sick at any time let alone the season. My brake shoes and a new water pump will be here today. I'll do those and then I gotta flush the fuel tank. Looked in it with a light and it looks really clean but I wanna run a little fuel through the lines and see what comes out. I still might pull it out, but that 71 system adds a ton of effort and lines to disconnect! We'll see.

They look great If you determine they work could ya get the specs on the wheel like width and backspace?

Thanx. Ya I'll get the wheel numbers and post them. I may not run that size though......I was in the other garage and came across some 14" Coopers and some 15" Nationals. I am going to go through my collection of slots and see if I have any Mopar SBP 15's. If not there will be decisions to be made! :D

Ok, I picked up a 1971 Scamp. The fellow told me it sat for 20 years behind a Quonset and then the last 6 or so out in the open. The registration papers I found in it indicate the last time it was on the road was 1987. I have determined this to be a rather unique Scamp. It was an ordered car according to the build sheet. It has very few options. But what it has makes it cool in my opinion. It was ordered with a 318, 904 and an 8 3/4" diff. Then they put in a console and bucket seats which is the unique part. Basically the rest is a typical Scamp setup. Manual drums all around and manual steering as well. It does have chrome wheel well moldings, drip rails and a white trim stripe. And that is about it. I am going to get this running asap, and slowly repair the quarters, fenders and drivers rocker. The trunk is beautiful and the floorboards are unbelievable. I will fix the floor in the next few days and get the interior back in. All the repairs are patchable, but I happen to have a set of repair quarters, so I will probably replace those. Here are some pics of the starting point.

Nice starting point I'll be watching this with great interest.
Good Luck

Thanx super.....but after reading your signature....well.....whooh! This one's lookin' pretty plain jane! :cheers: :D

Ya know what? Everybody has to start somewhere If you would have seen my car in 1981 when I started on it it was a far cry from where iti is now.Your car is going to be awesome I know it. If I can be of any help to you just shoot me a PM. Again good luck!

Sweet build! I could've used those disc pictures yesterday, If only I would've just looked at this thread....

I got my new water pump and brake shoes. I also got a wheel stud that was missing. Thanx to Tom for that, and a whack of stuff for the 73 340 Duster, but that's another thread. I installed the pump, but have not filled it with coolant yet. So I decided it was time to do some aesthetics. I bought two grills, a standard grill from gunmetal 72 and a sharktooth from badlilred79. I have pretty much completed the repairs on the shark and am repairing the standard. I'm near 100% sure the shark is going to be it, it looks mean, but I do have to try the other to be sure which I like better. Maybe I will change them up every once in a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0898.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0901.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 284
-